Hey guys, I was on a quest to find a decent price on a new, sealed in the box BB Playbook for a family member and I don't think the prices are gonna drop off very much. Walmart.com has the 32GB Playbook for $119 (not counting sales tax but with free site to store delivery). We have a family discount for 10% for all WM purchases so we are getting it for a bit over $100 with tax. I checked Amazon.com and the 32GB was running around $155 and on ebay, I couldn't find anything close to Walmart other than some "new" in opened box and gently used examples for around $100. I don't know if these prices apply for our fellow Canadians but I'm thinking if you want a Playbook new, the time is quickly running out to pick one up. Im not really interested in a Kindle Fire or Nook although those models are enticing but for what I do (a few basic apps, web browsing, e-mail, etc.), the Playbook is more than adequate
    Last edited by travisp11; 11-14-13 at 07:47 PM.
    Carterbits and dphjeff like this.
    11-14-13 07:21 PM
    Wow...that is a fantastic price....I paid $75 for my 16GB from someone on Craigslist! I love it.....it may not have all the apps that the iOS or Android platform has....but it has a few advantages IMO...

FULL Desktop-like Web Browser....using Origami, you get Full flash content....(except Hulu/NetFlix)
    Battery life.....its better than most other devices i've used....my partner charges his tablet 3-4 times before I charge my PlayBook ONCE!!
    dphjeff likes this.
    11-14-13 07:36 PM
    Adam, I'm a Playbook user, too and I love it. I had a cheap hacked Android tablet that ran for about two months before it bricked itself and after that I decided to pick up a Playbook on Amazon. While I do have an iPad, I personally have hit some minor Apple burnout with all of the Apple devices we use in the district that I teach in. When I want something different, I fire up the Playbook. Also, I love the HDMI output and how easy it is to run my Playbook through my television. Also, the accessories have dropped off so much in price that you can score the charging cradle for $15, cases for $5 and so on. It really is a great device for somebody on a budget!
    dphjeff likes this.
    11-14-13 07:50 PM
    Amazon has 64 gb units for sabout 140.00 NEW in sealed box.

c
    11-15-13 03:23 PM
    Hey guys, I was on a quest to find a decent price on a new, sealed in the box BB Playbook for a family member and I don't think the prices are gonna drop off very much. Walmart.com has the 32GB Playbook for $119 (not counting sales tax but with free site to store delivery). We have a family discount for 10% for all WM purchases so we are getting it for a bit over $100 with tax. I checked Amazon.com and the 32GB was running around $155 and on ebay, I couldn't find anything close to Walmart other than some "new" in opened box and gently used examples for around $100. I don't know if these prices apply for our fellow Canadians but I'm thinking if you want a Playbook new, the time is quickly running out to pick one up. Im not really interested in a Kindle Fire or Nook although those models are enticing but for what I do (a few basic apps, web browsing, e-mail, etc.), the Playbook is more than adequate
    Hey, do you have a link? I couldn't find it.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 08:07 PM