You have a choice for both music and apps. Just don't believe everything Apple tells you.
    02-16-13 11:08 AM
    mmmmm let me see, I initially bought my PB 64gb for �129.00, I get an offer to swap for an Ipad Mini 32gb I've now sold the Ipad for �400.00 so what's ****ty about that ya Genious LOLOLOLOLOLOl
    Deal of the century....wow was this post ever misleading.. all I see here is probably one of the silliest irrational decisions ever..it makes absolutely no sense why you would have done that. And you have provided no valid reason for doing so...men joy your 'as new' ipad ****ty and it's glorious iTunes lol

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-18-13 10:01 AM
    Glad you made some coin and that would be a good deal...personally I can't stand ipads...I work in IT and have 50 or so ipads in my office which I have to support and I can't stand the bloody things. I was looking at it from my personal opinion on the device and not with the related cost or profit margin you may receive in return. So for the profit you made, good on you.

Posted via CB10
    meikle and sad_old_man like this.
    02-18-13 10:23 AM
    Final part of the plan completed, just bought a brand new 64gb PB for �101.00, at last back to reality.....UP YOURS APPLE
    sad_old_man and dphjeff like this.
    02-19-13 08:02 AM
    Glad you made some coin and that would be a good deal...personally I can't stand ipads...I work in IT and have 50 or so ipads in my office which I have to support and I can't stand the bloody things. I was looking at it from my personal opinion on the device and not with the related cost or profit margin you may receive in return. So for the profit you made, good on you.

Posted via CB10
    You have my utmost sympathy and anytime your passing this way please feel free to call in for some brandy, or Ouzo, or Bourbon or Red wine, or anything really that is not described as 'good for you'! The 'non parametric end users' only like them because they don't have to support them.
    02-19-13 08:19 AM
    You have my utmost sympathy and anytime your passing this way please feel free to call in for some brandy, or Ouzo, or Bourbon or Red wine, or anything really that is not described as 'good for you'! The 'non parametric end users' only like them because they don't have to support them.
    Pastis for me please although ouzo will do at a push.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-19-13 03:10 PM
    Pastis for me please although ouzo will do at a push.
    I like pasties as well both regular and cornish
    02-19-13 03:58 PM
    What's a regular pasty?
    02-19-13 05:21 PM
    What's a regular pasty?
    One that's not a cornish one.
    02-20-13 06:30 AM
    Why?
    The ipad mini:
    No USB/HDMI/Micro SD connectivity, older chipset w/ slower processor, low screen resolution, over priced, no Bridge.
    Besides I have a problem with a company that tries to monopolize the industry and stomp on anybody that they fill like,in or out of the Technology Industry. I know that I didn't make any friend right now but thats how I fill.
    The problem is the Playbook doesn't have MicroSD or USB connectivity either, you need some fancy driver that emulates a network connection over USB. That's similar to iTunes... and good luck trying to connect the PB to a Linux machine.

I really hope BB10 fixes this by offering two kinds of sync - one using whatever proprietary protocol for syncing contacts, etc. and plain USB MTP/MSC for transferring files. Enough of this proprietary nonsense when plenty of standards already exist. Android tablets all use USB MTP so why not follow that?
    dphjeff likes this.
    02-20-13 06:52 AM
    It was a great deal until you buy another playbook which is basically gettin no love anymore...
    You should have kept the ipad mini...
    02-20-13 09:52 AM
    It was a great deal until you buy another playbook which is basically gettin no love anymore...
    You should have kept the ipad mini...
    I cannot (or maybe I should say will not) bring myself to accept the business ethics of Apple. I have in the past attended several meetings at board level with this company and they have all focused around the same ethos.

"We are Apple, we are the best in the world and if you wish to deal with us, you will comply with our requirements and wishes or deal with an inferior company".

Having said that I am within days of upgrading my mobile and for the first time in eight years I have no idea what to do and the more research I do, the more confused I get.

My main mobile is the Torch 9860, my second mobile is a Storm II, I have six Playbooks, my wife has a Samsung SIII III and a playbook, my eldest son had a Samsung S II and a Galaxy Tab 10.1, my youngest son has a 9320 (his choice) and a Galaxy Tab 10.1.

After eagerly awaiting the advent of BB10 I bought a Z10 the day after they arrived in the O2 shop. After 4hrs with it and discovering all the faults I found with it based on my own personal use requirements, I gave it to my youngest son as all he needs is music and BBM and loves it.

I have tried all of the mobiles in my home and excluding the BB devices I have not been impressed with them. After many hours of discussion with my eldest son I agreed to upgrade his mobile to an iPhone 5 which arrived yesterday. As stated I do not like Apple but having both the 5 and Z10 side by side, (forgive me for my sins) I have to go for the 5. I now have no idea what to do when I upgrade.

So there you go, it's not all about money, unless you need to buy a decent bottle of brandy and then it is.

Any intelligent replies would be appreciated especially regarding brandy.
    meikle likes this.
    02-20-13 11:28 AM
    Sins are forgiven. You have to do what ever it takes to do your business. I had hoped that the Z10 would have been better than it is ( not saying its a bad product). It just seems like BlackBerry rushed to throw a device together, Christ they had two years to do it. BlackBerry had and still has a chance to gain market share but they have to win over other device users and not rely on BlackBerry fans to grow there user base . I am very happy with my 9930 (now), 8350 (previous) and will try the Q10 when it comes out. I personal will not support Apple but thats me.
    sad_old_man and meikle like this.
    02-20-13 01:14 PM
    Sins are forgiven. You have to do what ever it takes to do your business. I had hoped that the Z10 would have been better than it is ( not saying its a bad product). It just seems like BlackBerry rushed to throw a device together, Christ they had two years to do it. BlackBerry had and still has a chance to gain market share but they have to win over other device users and not rely on BlackBerry fans to grow there user base . I am very happy with my 9930 (now), 8350 (previous) and will try the Q10 when it comes out. I personal will not support Apple but thats me.
    With you all the way there but to be perfectly honest, reading the BB OS10 and Z10 forums about this new company saving products inherent problems makes me very very reluctant to embark on a two year contract in the hopes that BB get their act together. If my pb had been on a two year contract it would have been due an upgrade by now and I'm still waiting for BB to get their act together.

Is it any wonder I drink!
    02-20-13 03:50 PM
    ****, have a drink for me or I just my have one or two for you. We all need some kind of a crutch. CHEERS.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-20-13 10:57 PM
    ****, have a drink for me or I just my have one or two for you. We all need some kind of a crutch. CHEERS.
    Can't refuse an offer like that and mine is more of a wheelchair than a crutch!
    dphjeff likes this.
    02-21-13 06:18 AM
    One that's not a cornish one.

Not so. There's a whole world of pastry based lovlyness out there that can't be dismissed like that

Would you call a ferrari a "not a vauxhall"?
    02-21-13 05:14 PM
    Not so. There's a whole world of pastry based lovlyness out there that can't be dismissed like that

Although made with pastry, that a pasty is not a generic name for a pastry, don't you?

Think of them as something like side-on pies.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-22-13 03:50 AM
    Sorry, but it doesn't need to go through iTunes. Media can go through Media Monkey or others as needed (or dropbox), apps you download directly from the device, you can use cloud backup for everything, no PC/Mac needed at all. I recently swapped my iPad 1 to iPad 3 (refurb for $389), just signed in with my Apple ID and an hour later ALL content and apps were back, all email accounts, etc. EXACTLY at the same spot where they have been on my iPad 1. For people who don't compile their own linux kernels this is amazing ease of use.

I still like using my iPhone from time to time, while also using WP7.8, Jelly Bean and BB10. I am an OS agnostic, I use Linux, MacOS and Windows for more than 20 years (yes, I used windows before version 3).

I dislike haters and fanboys. Be open minded, don't hate stuff. ;-) Life's better that way
    02-22-13 06:11 AM
    Deal of the century would be getting a free PlayBook 64GB along with your Z10 from Phones4U, just like I did.
    02-22-13 09:06 AM
    I've heard this remark about itunes before. Why do people hate it so much? I'm not an apple zombie but I think it's a super easy way to get music. What am I missing?
    I hate it too - I suppose it's great if you just use Apple devices, and you want to let it take care of everything - but not everybody does.

I also dislike this concept of sync-ing or having to do all that. I'm much happier with devices where I can just copy on what I want - same with playlists.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-22-13 10:40 AM
    Although made with pastry, that a pasty is not a generic name for a pastry, don't you?

Made to fit in your pocket. Yum
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-22-13 01:38 PM

Mmmmmmmm, let me consider that a moment. Erm no! I would call it a Ferrari!

P's you can still win mine in the competition, well maybe, well possibly but only if the pb OS 10 is released. Look on the bright side! If you win the car, you could be the oldest pensioner to drive around in a convertible Ferrari.
    02-22-13 05:13 PM

What in the world is this forum coming to? A pasty is a pasty for goodness sake man. You can't compare a bag of peanuts with a bag of coal can you!
    02-22-13 05:22 PM
    What in the world is this forum coming to? A pasty is a pasty for goodness sake man. You can't compare a bag of peanuts with a bag of coal can you!
    Are all brandies the same? Why should it be different to pasties?

Next Saturday RIG (research into Greggs) are releasing a new pie. At the same time they should be releasing the same filling to existing 7 inch pasties. It's going to be like the second coming.

We're all very excited.
    sad_old_man and Angus_CB like this.
    02-23-13 02:40 AM
54 123