Hi all,
    This is'nt a rant etc just a wee heads up to tell you all of my deal of the Century, I swapped my PB 64gb for an ipad Mini 32gb + cellular.
    All checks were done to see if it was hookie & all came back good, my plan is to keep it for a bit then sell it & re-purchase the splendid PB 64gb (hopefully with BB10).
    To be totally honest with you all I really don't see the Hooplah with ipad's, personally the thing that really pisses me off is itunes, I FKN hate that with a passion
    So for now I'll plod on & get bored probably before BB10 comes out & put this

Col
    02-14-13 09:06 AM
    Wait..you swapped a used PlayBook for a new IPad mini?? Nonsense.
    02-14-13 08:22 PM
    & you're going to sell a 64gigger to buy another one??? you'll get BB10 for free if you wait it out & hang on to the one you have,,, it may cost you more later to buy a 64GB PB w/ BB10 on it...
    02-14-13 09:01 PM
    Did you fall down and hit your head?
    lcjr likes this.
    02-14-13 09:25 PM
    I think this is a great decision. Given that PB is anyways not getting any attention from devs, I'll happily swap with mini till BB10 doesn't come. Any takers?
    Enyigma and choudharyrohit like this.
    02-14-13 10:29 PM
    I've heard this remark about itunes before. Why do people hate it so much? I'm not an apple zombie but I think it's a super easy way to get music. What am I missing?
    02-14-13 10:53 PM
    I've heard this remark about itunes before. Why do people hate it so much? I'm not an apple zombie but I think it's a super easy way to get music. What am I missing?
    I detest iTunes with an unreasonable passion. For me, it is the definition of bloatware LOL.

Yes, it is the center of arguably the best mobile ecosystem out there. Yes, it kinda sorta revolutionized music. Props.

I still dislike it (and all other systems that require/required physical tethering).
    rav813, kbz1960 and slparry like this.
    02-15-13 12:29 AM
    Hi,
    No I swapped a 64gb PB for a as new 32gb ipad minin + cellular, I'm keeping the pad for a bit in the hope that BB10 comes to the PB then I'll sell the pad & buy another superb PB :-)
    02-15-13 02:14 AM
    why?
    Did you fall down and hit your head?
    02-15-13 02:15 AM
    I just got my almost New 64 gig PlayBook from Ebay and it was barly used and she included some cool goodies 2 cases one the BB one
    02-15-13 10:14 AM
    Got myself 2 64GB playbooks from ebay about a year ago for $200 a piece all in! They were brand new too!
    02-15-13 11:47 AM
    Why?
    The ipad mini:
    No USB/HDMI/Micro SD connectivity, older chipset w/ slower processor, low screen resolution, over priced, no Bridge.
    Besides I have a problem with a company that tries to monopolize the industry and stomp on anybody that they fill like,in or out of the Technology Industry. I know that I didn't make any friend right now but thats how I fill.
    carlyincanada likes this.
    02-15-13 01:51 PM
    If you have your own music try MediaMonkey.
    I use it instead of iTunes for music, audiobooks and podcasts on my iPod Touch.
    There are other free apps you can use to backup and restore.

I think you made a good deal, financially. I'm not an iPad fan but you could sell it and buy a Playbook, have cash left over and a cell phone.
    Now, go jailbreak it so it can be used correctly.
    02-15-13 03:30 PM
    My frustration comes from them wanting it to be your ONLY source for music. I have a large MP3 collection. I can copy it directly to most devices, but not iOS devices. I have to upload all of the MP3s to iTunes to transfer them to an iOS device.
    kbz1960 and goodbery like this.
    02-15-13 06:47 PM
    People hate iTunes in the same way they hate Internet Explorer, Aol and BlackBerry, etc. No real reason, they just need something to hate.
    02-15-13 07:15 PM
    Deal of the century....wow was this post ever misleading.. all I see here is probably one of the silliest irrational decisions ever..it makes absolutely no sense why you would have done that. And you have provided no valid reason for doing so...men joy your 'as new' ipad ****ty and it's glorious iTunes lol

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    dphjeff likes this.
    02-15-13 07:21 PM
    "Users" hates iTunes... but "Developers" loves it...

It gives them all the advantages of doing business with Apple... that's why Apple easily attracts them...

BlackBerry should come out with the same "attractions" scheme...

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-15-13 10:42 PM
    My frustration comes from them wanting it to be your ONLY source for music. I have a large MP3 collection. I can copy it directly to most devices, but not iOS devices. I have to upload all of the MP3s to iTunes to transfer them to an iOS device.
    No you don't.
    I told you how to do it with MediaMonkey in the post above yours.
    02-16-13 06:45 AM
    No you don't.
    Don't shout at me Angus_CB but I think the OP has a great idea. I am thinking of swapping my 64Gb pb for a tin opener (non itunes version) of course then when bb10 finally hits the pb I am going to sell my tin opener and buy a bread maker (none itunes version). By that time this all happens we will all be travelling into space on a daily basis and teleporting to meetings. Well not myself because I'm too old so it will be up to you youngsters.
    02-16-13 07:26 AM
    No you don't.
    Don't shout at me Angus_CB but I think the OP has a great idea. I am thinking of swapping my 64Gb pb for a tin opener (non itunes version) of course then when bb10 finally hits the pb I am going to sell my tin opener and buy a bread maker (none itunes version). By that time this all happens we will all be travelling into space on a daily basis and teleporting to meetings. Well not myself because I'm too old so it will be up to you youngsters.
    02-16-13 07:29 AM
    Brains maybe?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-16-13 07:51 AM
    Brains maybe?
    Have you tried them on toast! Mmmmmmmm perfect
    02-16-13 07:55 AM
    Just putting my thoughts out there. Getting the ipad mini for a 64gb playbook is a fantastic monetary deal. But that is it. I recently sold an ipad2 for my friend only to find a flood of emails and people fighting over it and getting mad at me because I sold it auction style and everyone and their mother needed to buy it from me. Never again. I sold it for the same price as an new ipad mini. Which makes sense to me because it is technologically similar other than form factor and it was in brand new in box. But man that was stressful.

So for OP, you can probably sell that ipad mini in a heartbeat and at a price that is higher than what a 64gb playbook goes for these days. If it is in good condition. In original box preferrably. That's really the only way to make that profit. Keep it longer and you may find it harder to get your playbook back after or to sell at a good price when the next gen mini arrives. But, imo, I would never have bothered. The stress of dealing with sometimes rabid children all wanting your apple product for cheap as if it was some kind of miracle device all while trying to work is enough to keep me away from having to sell it. I would keep it or sell it to people I know. Or whatever just my opinion based on some of the most stressful sells I have ever done.
    02-16-13 09:08 AM
    I tunes, that's the main reason I don't want apple products. Everything has to go through it.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-16-13 09:52 AM
    I tunes, that's the main reason I don't want apple products. Everything has to go through it.
    I love freedom of choice too.
    untakenusername likes this.
    02-16-13 10:10 AM
54 123