In have a 64gig playbook with a slightly different issue. I believe the battery is dead but I will give the details of the problem I have.

1. Plugging in the original wall charger or fast charger turns the red light on for a few seconds, then I get the battery icon on the screen with no indicator light.

2. after a few minutes the device boots, (with the different wallpapers) and it looks like it will start but when it gets to the screen to run/enter password, the screen goes black. It will stay in this state until i unplug the charger then it turns off.

3. I've tried all the different methods posted but have had no luck fully booting my device. Even though it has no power and I connect to the pc, I am able the do a upgrade with the process working without an error but it just cannot fully boot.

Thank you in advance,
    R.
    02-16-16 07:56 AM
    02-16-16 09:07 AM
    I agree to try stack charging it. I had a similar problem some time ago and I believe after the stack charge the device was able to go into its charging state and then after about an hour or so I was able to boot it.

I'm a bit confused to your statement though: "Even though it has no power and I connect to the pc, I am able the do a upgrade with the process working without an error but it just cannot fully boot".

I wasn't aware that you can do an update without the power being on.
    02-16-16 09:28 AM
    In have a 64gig playbook with a slightly different issue. I believe the battery is dead but I will give the details of the problem ....
    First, stop trying to turn it on...

Second, read and understand this...
    http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000027705

Then stack charge until you get a steady charging LED indication and leave it alone... just let it charge for a good couple of hours.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-16 06:58 PM
    Agree with above but thought I would add to try another 1.8 charger before stack charging, might have a dead charger
    02-17-16 01:31 AM
    Definitely stack charge it! Use a power strip that you can toggle on and off with quickly

Posted via CrackBerry App
    06-06-16 11:09 PM
    Recycle it for parts and get yourself a modern, capable tablet
    06-07-16 10:13 AM
    Recycle it for parts and get yourself a modern, capable tablet
    Have you ever had a PB and which modern tablet would you recommend?
    06-07-16 04:59 PM
    Have you ever had a PB and which modern tablet would you recommend?
    I had a PlayBook back in 2013 and even then it was showing signs of age, many websites either not working properly or slow to load. It was bad even just for reading PDFs.

You could get something as good as a Google Nexus 7" tablet for $150.
    06-07-16 06:33 PM
    Use the magnetic charger as was suggested in the other thread. Likely, your USB port no longer works for charging.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-16 09:21 AM
    I had before the same issue with my BlackBerry Z30. Try the yellow charge cable from BlackBerry and charge it over 24 hours. My Z30 worked after this. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-16 01:39 AM
    Z30 and Playbook are quite different. Playbooks can eventually have USB issues and will not charge. You will hear suggestions like stack charging, but what's probably going on is stacking pressure on the USB pins until it somewhat works again

The Playbook has a charging port that is attached to via an optional magnetic charger like the ones you see on macbooks. This charger is now pretty cheap and helps those who cannot charge via USB.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-16 09:05 PM
    ...You will hear suggestions like stack charging, but what's probably going on is stacking pressure on the USB pins until it somewhat works again....
    Posted via CB10
    That is not what stack charging is about at all.
    The term refers to the manner in which short bursts of charge are "stacked" incrementally in approximately 30 sec intervals. Why? because if the PB battery voltage falls below a certain level, the charge algorithm automatically kicks in when a current is detected on the USB port. For about 30 secs, the PB will accept some charge before it detects the voltage is still too low and so terminates the charge algorithm. In other words, it not a straightforward electrical connection. Why not? because its a lithium ion battery. Ever seen what happens to an Apple iPhone battery after 3 or 4 years of use? It begins inflating, physically, until the iPhone eventually bursts.
    06-28-16 02:20 PM
    Ever got stack charging working within 5 attempts? 10? 20? How many does it take? While at the same time, try the magnetic charger and if it can revive a fully discharged Playbook the first time without stacking then that scenario points to a faulty USB port.

In my opinion, every Playbook owner should just shell out for the magnetic charger. They are really inexpensive now and may decrease frustration for those units that end up having charging problems.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by melander; 07-02-16 at 01:37 AM.
    07-02-16 01:15 AM