01-21-12 10:59 AM
30 12
tools
    I've never seen a Playbook without at least one dead or stuck pixel.
    01-20-12 11:00 PM

Anyway, I don't think resetting the S/N is that uncommon. It's definitely not fraud. I hope someone can tell us whether this is the case.
    I think S/N is a tracking mechanism from a quality standpoint so pretty important to keep it with the device. If the same defect comes from a certain group of S/N and reoccurs, you should be able to find the root cause, e.g. component, point of assembly, etc. Just checking it out by RIM techs (e.g. refurb) doesn't qualify for new S/N unless they have a refurb S/N database or changed out all the electronics. Not in my book anyway and I work alot in quality systems.

Well, I must be gullible then 'cuz I only dealt with one rep. Time frame: bought end of Nov, waited a couple of weeks to get my Otterbox case to start it up, called 2 days after that the power button wouldn't work. She did say I was "eligible" for a new return. Don't know what that means...

How would you interpret this RIM email excerpt:
    "I also checked the serial number of the replacement BlackBerry PlayBook that was sent to you and was able to confirm that it is a brand new BlackBerry PlayBook. I certainly apologize for the fingerprints and smudges on the LCD screen, this is likely from when the repair facility inspected the BlackBerry PlayBook before sending it out to you. "

Last edited by Gooseberry Falls; 01-21-12 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Added email excerpt.
    01-21-12 08:18 AM
    Well I'm looking at both of our playbooks and neither of them have dead pixels. Can one of you guys with an actual dead pixel give me a screenshot? I'd love to see one.
    Last edited by KOOLWATER; 01-21-12 at 09:06 AM.
    01-21-12 09:01 AM
    just google it, there are hundereds of pics of dead or stuck pixels. problem is, they hare hard to see in a pic. I tried to take one and you cant hardly see it. I usually see red stuck pixels so if you see a little red dot or 2 that doesnt go away on a white background, thats your pixel. the stuck pixel helper in app world can tell you if you have one. just tap the screen for each color change and trust me, even if you have never seen one, when you see a different color on a black background you will know what it is. if you dont know what one looks like, chances are you dont have any or 1 or 2 pixels isnt an issue for you
    01-21-12 10:46 AM
    Well I'm looking at both of our playbooks and neither of them have dead pixels. Can one of you guys with an actual dead pixel give me a screenshot? I'd love to see one.
    Here's a line:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...pixels-689552/

But they can be all over. I guess dead can't be fixed but stuck can try this app:
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/26245
    01-21-12 10:59 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD