Hello,

My screen died (black with some vertical lit stripes, backlight works).

In the months before it flickered at times, and worked again after a short time (and maybe the forced reboots I did).

Any idea if it's software or hardware-related and how to fix it?

I appreciate the help.
    01-18-14 08:01 AM
    Hello,

My screen died (black with some vertical lit stripes, backlight works).

In the months before it flickered at times, and worked again after a short time (and maybe the forced reboots I did).

Any idea if it's software or hardware-related and how to fix it?

I appreciate the help.
    You could try calling BlackBerry and see if they will repair it. They may offer an express repair, where you provide a credit card number, they ship you a new unit at a flat repair rate and you ship yours back in the supplied box.

The other option is to try to open the case and look for loose connectors. There are a couple Youtube videos showing how to strip apart a PlayBook.
    01-18-14 08:05 AM
    Unfortunately, it sounds like hardware. As suggested, you could dive in CAREFULLY and see if there's a loose connection. Press around the case firmly and see if there's any reactions.
    01-18-14 01:49 PM
    This sounds almost identical to what happened to me. My 64 GB PlayBook recently died and from your description it was the same failure.

It was an anniversary present from the wife. BlackBerry wanted $100 to look at it, possibly more thereafter to fix. It?s on the rubbish heap now. Best of luck.

Download Noted, a 5-star rated, native BB10 memo pad app.
    01-22-14 04:50 AM
    Hi... I think it's time for a new playbook. It will cost more to repair it then to just purchase another one online.
    01-22-14 07:12 AM