Hi Guys,

I have searched and cannot find my exact problem, although many like it.....

Charged my Playbook the other day, turned it on and just the red light. I got long blink, 4 short blinks, pause, over and over. Googled it and looked here, thought maybe battery was dead (although i was always under the impression that it was best to fully discharge a battery before recharging and have used my playbook until it auto shuts off for 18 months) I think the dead batery is double blink from google anyway

Tried 'stack charging', nothing.

Tried three button reset. Light stops, but restarts when i either connect to the original yellow plug charger, a PC or press on button.

Connect to PC, nothing. Not recognised, no error messages, anything. PC does not even react when usb plugged in. Tried several cables and it works when i plug in my Bold.

Out of desperation, i have removed the battery and charged until it had 3.85v, replaced and tried as per a youtube tutorial. nothing. Hope that was not a mistake, hasnt made it worse though

I cannot conect to a PC to update the OS, if it is the OS that is dead.

Help, please! Getting desperate now......

Jamie
    08-06-13 03:13 PM
    Sorry to say, it may be that the batteries have met the end of their charging/life cycle, and will not hold a charge.

On these batteries, it's not a good idea to run them down completly, does not help them at all. It actually shortens their life.

If you opened up the case, and removed the batteries (there are 2, 1 on each side of MB., you might be able to find 2 new units on the web, and resurrect your Playbook.

Yellow plug charger? Are yiou using Blackberry chargers designed for the Playbook? BB phones do not have the current, pc does not have the current.,

C
    08-06-13 03:27 PM
    Hopefully, you did not plug in the usb upsidedown which can bend the connector board.

What computer OS? You should get something if you plug it in and the usb is not bent.

check the knowledge base

KB27705-BlackBerry PlayBook battery power charge, discharge characteristics, and guidance on extending battery life

Carl: I think the yellow plug is UK????
    08-06-13 03:43 PM
    Check BB Knowledge Base 27705.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

Battery replacement is done by replacing the assembly containg two batteries with an attached control circuit. See iFixit. Also here is a reference

http://www.newpower99.com/mobile/default.aspx#P7797

Recharging LiPo batteries when they get down to 20% will prolong life as will not trying to keep them at 100% charge. After you run the battery down so the PB won't boot it may take some time for it to charge enough to start fast charging.
    Last edited by jpash549; 08-07-13 at 01:42 AM.
    08-06-13 03:56 PM
    So would it be a battery if I could remove and charge up to 3.85v? Don't want to replace it if its something else. Not enjoying typing this on my bold!

In the uk, the usb end of the charhger is yellow to avoid mixing it with the phone version.
    08-07-13 01:26 AM
    Check BB Knowledge Base 27705.

KB27705-BlackBerry PlayBook battery power charge, discharge characteristics, and guidance on extending battery life

Battery replacement is done by replacing the assembly containg two batteries with an attached control circuit. See iFixit. Also here is a reference

http://www.newpower99.com/RIM_Blackb...ment_Kit_p/rim blackberry playbook.htm

Recharging LiPo batteries when they get down to 20% will prolong life as will not trying to keep them at 100% charge. After you run the battery down so the PB won't boot it may take some time for it to charge enough to start fast charging.
    There is no yellow blinking, just the sequence of reds only. I saw that knowledge base, but it doesn't seem quite like my problem
    08-07-13 01:29 AM
    Red blinks may signify need to repair or update operating system.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

There is a Blackberry Troubleshooting toolkit.

http://www.troubleshootingtoolkit.co...?lang=1&id=146

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    08-07-13 01:56 AM