<a href="http://bbmobile.me/CBKEY2BLtopic?utm_source=cb&amp;utm_medium=topicblock&amp;utm_campaign=navigation" target="_blank">Shop BlackBerry KEY2</a>
    Dad asked me to setup his friends playbook 2 days ago. Installed the new OS, installed some games then decided to restart. After that, thing would not boot for ****. The red led pattern goes as follows: 1 red, pause, red, red, red, red.

Tried stack charging, tried doing everything. Took it apart, and even charged the battery to 3.7V, and put everything back together, and still get the same sequence. What gives? Isn't the charging code suppose to initiate after 3.53v? This thing seriously blows..
    Last edited by JohnyR; 02-24-13 at 11:45 PM.
    02-24-13 11:31 PM
    Sounds more like os issue than charge. When most new died on charging, it was red, following email by four yellow. Maybe the os update didn't load properly?
    02-25-13 05:38 AM
    I expect you have, but I thought I'd check as you don't mention it. Have you tried connecting to the PB via the Desktop Manager software on your computer?
    02-25-13 06:54 AM
    Following on Chris' suggestion:

Try the Debrick method....

Perform a backup of your pb if you can using Desktop Manager or, at least, manually coping any unique data, photos, voice recordings, documents, etc.

1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
    2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update. It will take awhile
    02-25-13 09:13 AM
    Sounds more like os issue than charge. When most new died on charging, it was red, following email by four yellow. Maybe the os update didn't load properly?
    I'm thinking something with mem. OS loaded fine, it seemed. I used it for maybe an hour after the update, then restarted it. Seemed fine during that hour..

I expect you have, but I thought I'd check as you don't mention it. Have you tried connecting to the PB via the Desktop Manager software on your computer?
    Yeah I have, with every type of combo possible. Wouldn't even recognized that something was plugged in

Perform a backup of your pb if you can using Desktop Manager or, at least, manually coping any unique data, photos, voice recordings, documents, etc.

3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    I've tried this. Hooking up the PB to my computer does nothing; it doesnt even recognize that a usb has been plugged in. I know the usb port works for sure on both ends for sure
    02-25-13 12:02 PM

FYI I've never had to turn my PB on the debrick it.
    02-25-13 12:07 PM