So i'm browsing crackberry when I noticed a small black dot. I downloaded that screentest app and yupp, it is a dead pixel.

It's funny because I didn't have it before and I did use the app test before this and it wasn't there. Love how it just appeared.

I'm going to wait it out and see if it goes away, but it is verrrry annoying
    04-20-11 07:42 PM
    use this link to test dead pixels

LCD Dead Pixel Test Backgrounds
    04-20-11 07:45 PM
    yupp. it's a black dead pixel
    04-20-11 07:52 PM
    you arent the first...i have seen atleast 5 other people on here with them. The demo at staples i played with today had 1 also. take it back and get another
    04-20-11 07:54 PM
    hmmmm I have a light blue stuck pixel, does a stuck pixel ever get unstuck on its own lol
    04-23-11 07:20 PM
    Download an app from the App World. It's called Screen Helper. There is a full version and a Lite verison, with the Lite one being free. It helps you identify dead/stuck pixels and claims to unstick stuck pixels by displaying what looks like static on a TV. It say's in the app to un-stick a stuck pixel it requires you to run the app for a few hours which you will have to buy the full version for. The Lite will only allow you to run in for 2 mins max.

Gl !
    04-23-11 07:29 PM
    no they generally do not.
    04-23-11 07:31 PM
    *dumb question alert*

if you have one could it get worse?
    04-23-11 08:55 PM
    *dumb question alert*

if you have one could it get worse?
    I don't think it's a dumb question because I also want to know the answer. I have 1 dead pixel that I swear comes and goes. Sometimes it's there sometimes it's not. I tried the dead pixel test and it was there the first day, then after my first update I couldn't see it, but now it's back again.

I called staples and they will replace it for me, but I am hesitant because I like the playbook I have and it's running everything well, I don't want to trade it for another unit that might have more issues like some of the issues others are dealing with here, but also I don't want to keep it and then risk that 1 pixel speading into a large dead spot on the screen.

Any advice?
    04-23-11 09:12 PM
    i had one of these too, i just had it for a day so i took it back to best buy and my new playbook is perfect
    04-24-11 10:25 AM
    Exchanging mine tomorrow. Got two stuck pixels as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-11 11:43 AM
    rub some acetone on it.
    04-24-11 11:49 AM
    Just refund it

04-24-11 11:53 AM
    rub some acetone on it.
    Do you have any experience with this?
    Pb is an expensive stuff as u know
    04-24-11 11:54 AM
    rub some acetone on it.
    Please no body do this. It most likely will do nothing but it could also ruin the touch aspect of the display?
    04-24-11 12:02 PM
    I don't think it's a dumb question because I also want to know the answer. I have 1 dead pixel that I swear comes and goes. Sometimes it's there sometimes it's not. I tried the dead pixel test and it was there the first day, then after my first update I couldn't see it, but now it's back again.

I called staples and they will replace it for me, but I am hesitant because I like the playbook I have and it's running everything well, I don't want to trade it for another unit that might have more issues like some of the issues others are dealing with here, but also I don't want to keep it and then risk that 1 pixel speading into a large dead spot on the screen.

Any advice?
    Looks like we're not going to get an answer...

04-24-11 12:40 PM
    do not use acetone, it will ruin the screen. that **** is like nail polish remover
    04-24-11 12:57 PM
    I had a dead pixel on my 64GB PB, returned it to Staples got my money back, then went online and ordered another one. Keeping my fingers crossed the next one is free of dead pixels, suppose to arrive tomorrow.
    04-24-11 01:00 PM
    I'll post this because I guess my original thread got deleted.

The PlayBook's have dead pixel issues, that's for sure.

I've done THREE exchanges at Wal-Mart, all with dead pixels.

I got fed-up, so I returned it.

Great device, just ****ty LCDs
    05-14-11 03:49 PM
    It happens and maybe they got a bad batch. My 50" tv had a stuck/bad pixel, took it back and exchanged it for one that doesn't.
    05-14-11 04:45 PM
    I brought one back to staples today because of a dead pixel and got somewhat of a hassle for it even though I am within the 14 day policy. Now I got to turn around and bring this one back tomorrow because the power button barley works and the charger wobbles around in the port, not snug at all, I'm shocked it even charges. I won't replace a third, I will just get my money back.
    05-14-11 06:45 PM
    i have one stuck pixel, funny it only appear on browser with white background website..

i try every screen test app and online site. guess what no dead pixel appear. i'll hold my PB for now..
    05-15-11 08:16 PM
    I'll post this because I guess my original thread got deleted.

The PlayBook's have dead pixel issues, that's for sure.

I've done THREE exchanges at Wal-Mart, all with dead pixels.

I got fed-up, so I returned it.

Great device, just ****ty LCDs
    that really sucks, i wouldn't expect it anywhere else but walmart. Wish you the best of luck if you're purchasing somewhere else..
    05-15-11 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD