Hey, I just got my playbook yesterday and once I got everything set-up and operational I noticed that there was a white spot in the screen, I thought it was from the protector I had on but I think its a dead pixel. Is there any way to confirm that its dead?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    mssca likes this.
    04-23-11 11:09 AM
    Yep, that's a dead pixel. You need to return it.

My first PB had a dead pixel, my second has dead pixels, I'm about to go back to Best Buy for the 3rd time and just get my money back. I'll wait for RIM to work out all of the bugs.
    04-23-11 11:10 AM
    Sure its not dust under the screen? A spec of it. Can you see it if the screen is in with a black background if so then it is a dead pixel. If you see it with screen off it is a spec of dust
    04-23-11 11:12 AM
    I had a dead pixel on my 32G. Hardly saw it but noticable during the Bootup and dark movies. Exchanged for another one today at Staples. No dead pixels and now the power button is raised so im happy.
    04-23-11 11:15 AM
    Just like my 9000 back in the day, dead pixels seem to be popping up on some PlayBooks. I would definitely get another one. Do not settle with a device until you are satisfied with it.
    04-23-11 11:21 AM
    its seems an all to common thing. they need better quality control. The screen is great, best on the market but way to many dead pixels ruin it
    04-23-11 11:30 AM
    Wow ya'll, thanks for all the responses! I'm at best buy as we speak and am getting a new PB, Sheretha is putting the new invisible shield on right now I love my playbook, its wAy better than my galaxy tab was. Now I just hope this one doesn't have the same issue.

04-23-11 11:57 AM
    update: got my new playbook...and no dead pixels! :-)
    04-23-11 02:38 PM
    i just got back from my best buy too and it seems like 3rd time is a charm....keeping my fingers crossed..

Bill
    04-23-11 03:17 PM
    I was about the buy PB and then hold off because I had to pay for my school courses.... now I think I better NOT buy ANY tablet at all... it seems like iPad2 has light leakage issues and now PB has dead pixel issues. I am surprised that not a single company can come up with good quality control.

Also thank you for posting this information here.
    04-23-11 03:24 PM
    FYI: get the Display Test app. Nice and easy app to check for dead pixels.
    boman06210 likes this.
    04-23-11 04:13 PM
    Has anyone had any issues returning the unit to Bestbuy due to pixel issues?? I didnt buy the extra warranty and really would prefer as little hassle as possible
    04-25-11 10:44 AM
    Has anyone had any issues returning the unit to Bestbuy due to pixel issues?? I didnt buy the extra warranty and really would prefer as little hassle as possible
    nope, no issues, they even put a new invisible shield right there, no questions asked.

tempest9780 likes this.
    04-25-11 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD