When in development mode and connected, I clicked on the DevMode Status button (The person symbol) and it lists both the Dev Mode IP addres and the wireless connected IP address. Just use the Wireless Assigned IP Address in Chrome's Playbook Manager and voila!
    Yes, I've assigned a static address to my pb and use that address for Chrome as well as my wifi-sharing.
    05-21-13 09:58 PM
    I was just trying to find out what version I had and the stupid thing automatically started UPDATING. I hate computers!!!

Control Panel seems to show I have version 26.0.1410.64 installed sometime in 2011!!!! I never really used it till this appmanager thingie
    Ok I contacted the developer directly and he gave me the solution for that. There are missing drivers for BlackBerry link or BlackBerry desktop. What you need it to connect through wifi and not USB Cable and it will work. So on you BlackBerry Z10 go to setting/About/Network then ntoe down the the IPv4 under wifi.
    Put down that IP in paybook app manager and it will successfully connect.

Cheers
    05-21-13 11:21 PM
    Now I can confirm that it is a windows issue.
    I installed DDPB on another computer running also windows 7, and now it connects smoothly.
    05-22-13 08:14 AM
    I found the problem it seems one of the BlackBerry USB drivers was missing. To get this solved just go to the following link https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...93E4F3BB068C22

Choose BlackBerry USB and Modem drivers and download it. Restart your PC and link the Z10 to DDPB and specify the IP you get when turning development mode on.

If you are trying to connect and sideload through playbook app manager using Google Chrome then you can do that using wifi connection and not USB cable but the IP to use is no the one that appears in development mode. You need to go to settings/about/network and take the IP under Wifi IPv4

Hope this helps
    Affie36 likes this.
    05-22-13 04:37 PM
    royfakhry:

Just for clarity: You are connecting to a bb10 device, a phone and not the playbook? But the info is probably applicable to the pb.
    05-22-13 06:40 PM
    I've read this thread with keen interest, as I want to have the Kindle app on my Playbook. I have a Windows 8 system, and none of the alternatives given here work for me. Is anyone sideloading with Windows 8? (I am a new Playbook owner).
    05-24-13 10:32 AM
    I've read this thread with keen interest, as I want to have the Kindle app on my Playbook. I have a Windows 8 system, and none of the alternatives given here work for me. Is anyone sideloading with Windows 8? (I am a new Playbook owner).
    The problem with Win8 seems to be the drivers. You might try going into Device Manager and checking the usb devices. If there's one with Rim or BB, you might try ROLLING back (even if you never rolled forward!!!). Or try installing the New LINK software available from rim and while it does not say it supports pb, it does.
    05-24-13 12:02 PM
    Many thanks for the quick reply.

None of my usb devices is marked rim or BB - I have just installed the Link software, but I am not sure how to use that to upload the Kindle software.
    05-24-13 01:27 PM
    I have tried using development mode (with wifi off) and I still get "incorrect IP or password"
    05-24-13 01:46 PM
    I have tried using development mode (with wifi off) and I still get "incorrect IP or password"
    If you have installed the Link software, you might want to try using a wifi connection and see if that works. You can either try the ip address presented in Development Mode or the one you find after opening the Settings (Swipe down, tap the Gear in upper Right), Above/drop-down and select Network.

You could also try using Chrome with the Playbook App Manager:

PlayBook App Manager

I find it easier to use and visualize what is happening.
    bellandbottle likes this.
    05-24-13 03:31 PM
    Many thanks for that - really appreciated!

I did it the Chrome way in the end and, as you say, it is easier to envisage what is happening.

Edit: just one thing to remember - use the desktop Chrome rather than the W8 Chrome, so that you can find the downloaded app!
    Last edited by bellandbottle; 05-25-13 at 01:22 AM.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-24-13 04:38 PM
    Yes I am connecting with my Z10 but it should work for PlayBook as well

Posted via Z10 from T-Mobile
    05-26-13 06:51 PM
    When in development mode and connected, I clicked on the DevMode Status button (The person symbol) and it lists both the Dev Mode IP addres and the wireless connected IP address. Just use the Wireless Assigned IP Address in Chrome's Playbook Manager and voila!
    After a full morning trying to get DDPB working i tried this and it worked first time. Now to try and work out whythe kindle app i loaded doesn't work!
    08-03-13 06:12 AM
    After a full morning trying to get DDPB working i tried this and it worked first time. Now to try and work out whythe kindle app i loaded doesn't work!
    Did you find what I'd call the standard bar file or did you try a newer version?

I think the one I installed was 279kb (I see another version which was 308kb but I don't think that is the one I installed)
    08-03-13 09:04 AM
39 12