HI All

New here and at wits end.

I have the latest DDPB installed on my PC and every since the recent Playbook upgrade (2.1.0.1526) DDPB wont connect to Playbook as all i get is

"Error: Cannot connect: Connection to
    https://***.***.***.*** refused. You may have to reboot the target."

I have tried a security wipe of my PB and still the same, i have reinstalled DDPB on my PC and still the same.
    03-21-13 05:15 PM
    what's DDPB??? try restarting your pc then hook up pb & let it reinstall drivers,,, any time i have an issue like this, that's how i cure it,,, & what's up w/ your address being a dead link link???
    03-21-13 06:40 PM
    Are you in development mode. You can try using the Chrome app manager instead. Install Chrome on your laptop and then go here and follow the instructions- PlayBook App Manager
    03-21-13 06:51 PM
    I have the same problem...... pb will not connect through ddpb and chrome extension leads, to "web page is not available". I have installed and uninstalled ddpb, java, rebooted both pb and computer, still the same results

thanks
    in advance
    03-22-13 12:57 AM
    No problem here connecting to ddpb.
    - are you in development mode BEFORE you connect to ddpb?
    - connect and disconnect the usb cable while in ddbp
    - is desktop manager closed?
    - are you not connected to the computer in another way when trying to connect?

If you did all above, give us a walkthrough of the steps you take.
    03-22-13 01:05 AM
    yes in developer mode and connects to desktop manager without any issues, so not a cable issue
    pacoman03 - i am using a PC and not a laptop
    SEAWARRIOR - i blanked out the IP for security reasons
    03-22-13 06:53 AM
    No problem here connecting to ddpb.
    - are you in development mode BEFORE you connect to ddpb?
    - connect and disconnect the usb cable while in ddbp
    - is desktop manager closed?
    - are you not connected to the computer in another way when trying to connect?

If you did all above, give us a walkthrough of the steps you take.
    steps taken

1) place PB in developer mode ( i also note down the development address)
    2) connect USB lead from PB to PC
    3) PB states its connecting to PC
    4) desktop manager opens up and asked for password which i provide
    5) this connects
    6) i open up ddpb
    7) scans for PB IP address and then i check to make sure its the same as i noted down in step 1
    8) i enter password and then click connect
    9) it says connecting and then the popup with the error message appears
    03-22-13 07:02 AM
    There is your problem!
    You cannot have desktop manager and ddpb connected at the same time.

Steps to take are.
    - activate development mode
    - connect usb to computer / playbook
    - DONT let it connect to desktop manager nor to fill the pop up screen with your password.
    - go to ddpb, fill in the password and click scan

Let me know if it works
    03-22-13 07:42 AM
    There is your problem!
    You cannot have desktop manager and ddpb connected at the same time.

Steps to take are.
    - activate development mode
    - connect usb to computer / playbook
    - DONT let it connect to desktop manager nor to fill the pop up screen with your password.
    - go to ddpb, fill in the password and click scan

Let me know if it works
    still not connect
    03-22-13 08:13 AM
    the Chrome app manager works on both Windows desktops and laptops. Otherwise, you can try using DDPB over wifi. Just manually input your PB's ip address into DDPB and sideload that way.
    03-22-13 03:27 PM
    If none of these methods work, try installing vnbb10 it is essentially the same as ddpb. It's my method of side loading currently.
    03-22-13 03:45 PM
    make sure wifi sharing is enabled, if your using windows 8 use the second IP addy that comes up under dev mode tab. also make sure all BB dev management programs are off on computer.

Sent from my BlackBerry Curve 3G - Sprint
    03-22-13 03:49 PM
    If none of these methods work, try installing vnbb10 it is essentially the same as ddpb. It's my method of side loading currently.
    vnBB10 – Utility for Side-load app from bar files into BlackBerry 10

I use a Playbook which is not BB10 as yet
    03-28-13 04:11 AM
    make sure wifi sharing is enabled, if your using windows 8 use the second IP addy that comes up under dev mode tab. also make sure all BB dev management programs are off on computer.

Sent from my BlackBerry Curve 3G - Sprint
    yes all this is done as it will connect with desktop maanger etc.
    03-28-13 04:12 AM
    Uninstall blackberry desktop manager, then connect your playbook, reinstall the desktop manager software when it prompts you to when you plug your playbook back into the pc. then try ddpb again. I had this same issue, the desktop manager update blocks ddpb from functioning correctly. Just make sure you don't re-update the desktop software again.
    03-28-13 02:08 PM
    Any luck with this! I can't seem to get it connected. And when I try the workaround using PlayBook App Manager on Google Chrome it doesn't work either and says page can't load.

I need to sideload some apps ASAP!
    05-20-13 06:54 PM
    Are you in development mode. You can try using the Chrome app manager instead. Install Chrome on your laptop and then go here and follow the instructions- PlayBook App Manager
    Trying PlayBook App Manager, but I always get the message can't load page because playbook app manager took too long to respond

Help!!!
    05-20-13 06:59 PM
    I gave up on ddpb because Chrome with the AppManager was so much easier, or, at least, showing what was happening and gave a clear list of installed apps.

Did you follow the directions for installing appmanager. Okay, here's where the memory gets flaky - I seem to recall someone saying that there might be issues with a newer version of Chrome but I don't recall any details or if I've imagined that.
    05-20-13 08:56 PM
    Was WiFi on?
    05-20-13 09:01 PM
    I have the same issue. It was working nice before. I don't know what's gone wrong.
    I suspect a Windows update.
    05-21-13 08:30 AM
    yes in developer mode and connects to desktop manager without any issues, so not a cable issue
    SEAWARRIOR - i blanked out the IP for security reasons
    yeah, i get that,,, i just wonder why it's posted as a link,,, no biggie...
    05-21-13 12:35 PM
    I have the same issue. It was working nice before. I don't know what's gone wrong.
    I suspect a Windows update.
    Could it be a windows update? HOw can we get the guys that developed DDPB get onto this and find a fix? I really need to get it working again
    05-21-13 05:05 PM
    I gave up on ddpb because Chrome with the AppManager was so much easier, or, at least, showing what was happening and gave a clear list of installed apps.

Did you follow the directions for installing appmanager. Okay, here's where the memory gets flaky - I seem to recall someone saying that there might be issues with a newer version of Chrome but I don't recall any details or if I've imagined that.
    Mmmmmm it could be the Chrome version, is there a way to down grade to an older version and try?
    05-21-13 05:07 PM
    Mmmmmm it could be the Chrome version, is there a way to down grade to an older version and try?
    I was just trying to find out what version I had and the stupid thing automatically started UPDATING. I hate computers!!!

Control Panel seems to show I have version 26.0.1410.64 installed sometime in 2011!!!! I never really used it till this appmanager thingie
    05-21-13 06:38 PM
    When in development mode and connected, I clicked on the DevMode Status button (The person symbol) and it lists both the Dev Mode IP addres and the wireless connected IP address. Just use the Wireless Assigned IP Address in Chrome's Playbook Manager and voila!
    FF22 and Cornwell_David like this.
    05-21-13 08:16 PM
39 12