Hello book folk. I installed DDPB today and filled directions to a t for some reason the program is not detecting my playbook. It scans and detects ip address, I enter my password, click add and all I see is my "C" drive. No "z" drive that the playbook shows as when I go to Windows Explorer. Tried other usb ports but no change. I am also running BlackBerry Desktop Software as it advises to do. Kind of hard to install Dropbox when my playbook is not recognized.
    Anyone else have this problem? Goodereader.com is where I did this venture as a poster on crackberry said there were some good android games there.

I also see the program when I connect to Playbook Desktop Manager through laptop. I do not see it though in the new File Manager on the actual Playbook as I thought I could extract Dropbox or whatever it was called from there.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    Cheers,
    Caper001
    Last edited by caper001; 03-14-12 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Another note
    03-07-12 04:47 PM
    How to load Apps Via GoodEReader!

First of all check to see if your PB is being recognised by your Blackberry desktop software. If yes continue, If not that is most likely the problem! Maybe faulty USB cable!
    YOU MUST STAY CONNECTED TO YOUR BLACKBERRY DESK TOP SOFTWARE TO INSTALL APP'S VIA GOOD E READER

1. Check to see if you have latest Java installed if not install it

2. Download DDPB 1.9 if you haven't got it already. It is available from here DDPB.msi Delete any older versions of DDPB.

3. On your PB Press the "Settings Icon" go to "Security" choose "Development Mode" and make sure it is switched to "ON" then set a "Password" something simple like "12345".

4. Open DDPB 1.9 click the "Scan" button that should input the "Development IP Address" then enter your "Password" "12345" then click the "Connect" button.

4a. If your "Development IP Address" does not show once you have pressed "Scan" press the " Development mode Icon" which is located at the top of the your PB screen on the right hand side, write down the first IP address on a piece of paper and then type it into the boxes next to the "Scan" button then enter your "Password" and click the "Connect" button.

5. Now in DDPB click the "Add (A)" button and search for your Playbook it will be something like playbook "Z"! If it is there you are ready to install Apps!

Lets install some Apps!

6. While everything is still connected to your computer, on your Playbook open your browser and go the Blackberry Apps page of Good E Reader Dot Com (via wireless) and download the Apps you want, (do them 1 at a time at until you have succeeded).

7. Now click on the "Add(A)" button and find your PB "z" open it and go to the "Downloads" folder select the App you want to install, you will see it load to the main box of DDPB called "Application Name" when it is there select it, then click the "Install(I)" button.

Note:
    It is a good idea to tick the "Run on Playbook..." box before you press "Install" that will run your new App for you once its finished loading, so you can see it working on your PB.

Your App should be running fine works for me every time!
    Last edited by White9900; 03-07-12 at 07:20 PM.
    03-07-12 06:21 PM
    Did all that several times. DDPB just does not detect my Z drive when I press add. Detects ip address when I hit scan and recognizes password. Even the folks at goodereader cannot help me. It really sucks. Thanks for looking though.
    03-08-12 03:38 PM
    Hello book folk. I installed DDPB today and filled directions to a t for some reason the program is not detecting my playbook. It scans and detects ip address, I enter my password, click add and all I see is my "C" drive. No "z" drive that the playbook shows as when I go to Windows Explorer. Tried other usb ports but no change. I am also running BlackBerry Desktop Software as it advises to do. Kind of hard to install Dropbox when my playbook is not recognized.
    Anyone else have this problem? Goodereader.com is where I did this venture as a poster on crackberry said there were some good android games there.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    Cheers,
    Caper001
    Having similar problem as well. Followed Goodereader instructions to the "t" installing latest version of DDPB and connected my Playbook to Blackberry Desktop Software which was already on my computer. DDPB scan found IP address, etc. and BDS recognized my Playbook.

I too clicked "Add" on DDPB which opens all the listings on my Computer however, Playbook was not there. I clicked the arrow next to OSC) just to see if if was under that area of my computer. Nothing. I closed out what DDPB had opened and went to Start>My Computer and saw my Playbook under Network Locations Z drive. Ok.

Went back to DDPB, clicked "Add" and this time clicked on +Network when it opened my computer listings. After a few seconds I could see my Playbook. However, when I clicked on Playbook, a Windows Security Box opened asking for a User Name/Password in order to access my Playbook. Are you kidding me?!!!!!! Windows Network Sharing is stopping me from opening my own Playbook? It must because no matter what names or passwords I tried to put in that box, I can't access my Playbook. So I'm in the same boat.

Anyone else out there having this problem? HELLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP.
    03-09-12 08:15 AM
    When I've installed BAR files, they have resided on MY COMPUTER and not the pb. So I point DDPB to the location on MY COMPUTER, and then it gets added. Then I installed. I have NOT yet installed version ddpb 1.0.9. I've used 07 and 08 versions.
    breathlessTP likes this.
    03-09-12 03:34 PM
    When I've installed BAR files, they have resided on MY COMPUTER and not the pb. So I point DDPB to the location on MY COMPUTER, and then it gets added. Then I installed. I have NOT yet installed version ddpb 1.0.9. I've used 07 and 08 versions.
    Thanks, I'll try it. Just to clarify something, when you put the BAR files on MY COMPUTER, did you create a Folder (i.e., BAR FILES or DOWNLOADS) to easily find/access them?

Will try and find older versions of ddpb but my problem is when I click "Add" and the Windows Security box opens and asks for User Name/Password. Can't get past that point to access my Playbook. Maybe it's a Window 7 issue 'cause the steps in the video on Goodereader for troubleshooting the ddpb installer sure ain't working for me.

Appreciate the help.
    03-09-12 08:50 PM
    It worked!!!! Thanks much. I only wanted a couple apps but now considering more.

Appreciate the help.
    03-10-12 08:02 PM
    Glad it worked for you Breathless. I downloaded the program to my Playbook required to use android apps. The issue with me is that it has to be extracted on the Playbook and with Ddpb not recognizing the Playbook I cannot install the program. It really bites the big one.
    03-14-12 03:15 PM
    caper001:

What needs to be extracted on the pb? DDPB is a Windows' computer program. The bar files can be anywhere since you have to Browse in ddpb to find the files to ADD. Once they are ADDED, you then install them. And I even did that using ddpb 1.0.8 using wifi. I just find downloading files to my computer and a folder I download everything to, just easier to deal with. So I download and use the bar files directly from my computer. But I may be misunderstanding.
    03-14-12 04:07 PM
    Thanks F2. I. Am referring to the program called Dropbox that I downloaded directly to the Playbook. I am sure that it said that this program had to be downloaded directly to Playbook, then go to Ddpb and extract the file in order to use android apps. I am almost sure. It is on the Playbook like I said but I cannot install it as Ddpb is not detecting my device as a drive. Where I know it is somewhere on the device due to seeing it when I connect via BlackBerry Desktop Manager. I thought I would check through the new filemanager that came with os2 in order to install from there as It was a download where all my other downloads go. Just do not know where it downloaded to on the Playbook. It is difficult to explain without showing what I am trying to explain and hope that members please bear with me as I try to explain.

Cheers,
    Caper
    03-14-12 04:37 PM
    Can you download the Dropbox app/program/file again but this time, to your computer (I don't know about Macs so if a Mac, ask someone else). What is the file's FULL name and EXTENSION? Then try the ddpb instructions found above in this thread. (it is/was not a appworld download?)

Got a link to the file or site, we may be able to learn more that way.
    03-14-12 05:34 PM
    caper001:

Hope you get this working because I've now sideloaded several apps without a problem.

Just download both DDPB (version 1.0.9) AND Blackberry Desktop Software to your computer's desktop and NOT to or on your Playbook as F2 told me to do.

I created a New Folder in My Documents on my computer naming it BAR FILES so I'd have a place to store the apps. From there
    I went to Goodereader (absolutely wonderful site) and found the apps I wanted (under Android apps for Playbook) and downloaded them to the BAR FILES folder I created. That's it.

Make sure you've got Development Mode on in your Playbook (remember the code you assign) and then connect your computer and Playbook via USB and open Blackberry Desktop Software for it to connect and recognize it.

Are you using a PC or Mac?
    03-14-12 05:49 PM
    Thanks F2. I. Am referring to the program called Dropbox that I downloaded directly to the Playbook. I am sure that it said that this program had to be downloaded directly to Playbook, then go to Ddpb and extract the file in order to use android apps. I am almost sure. It is on the Playbook like I said but I cannot install it as Ddpb is not detecting my device as a drive. Where I know it is somewhere on the device due to seeing it when I connect via BlackBerry Desktop Manager. I thought I would check through the new filemanager that came with os2 in order to install from there as It was a download where all my other downloads go. Just do not know where it downloaded to on the Playbook. It is difficult to explain without showing what I am trying to explain and hope that members please bear with me as I try to explain.

Cheers,
    Caper
    Forgive my last post...didn't see this until after I sent it.

Do you have Air Browser installed? This file manager works for me (other members have their choices) but at least I can see where things are on my Playbook and have also used it to delete apps as well.

EDIT: Think there are instructions out there for Mac users and, did you download just Android Apps instead of Android Apps for Playbook?
    Last edited by breathlessPB; 03-14-12 at 06:00 PM. Reason: question
    03-14-12 05:56 PM
    Guys why i am getting java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/qnx/bbt/deploy/Deploy (Unsupported major.minor version 50.0) error when i click on connect only DDPB on my Windiow 7 Laptop?
    04-02-13 11:30 AM
    i have big problems ((
    my sistem is: win8 & bbz10

i just download:
    1. ddpb 1.0.9
    2. java 7.21

all this are instaled in my laptop. now ..........
    1. i start the ddpb,
    2. i conect with an usb cable, my bb z10 with develope mode started.
    3. pressing scan ... ddpb show me ip 169.254.222.238 ........ in my tel is set 169.254.0.1
    4. if i put manualy ip 169.254.0.1 he said error like in atash

the pass is corect in bb also in ddpb

plz help me ((
    Attached Thumbnails DDPB Issue-1.jpg   DDPB Issue-2.jpg  
    05-05-13 04:40 PM
    I don't have any bb10 devices and this is the pb forum. Maybe someone over the z10 or q10 forums can help better.
    05-05-13 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD