Hi, Ive successfully sideloaded apps before with DDPB but recently Im having trouble with the apps icons not appearing on the Playbook. DDPB is connecting fine and the app seems to be installing and if I choose the run on installation option, the app pops up and works fine, but the icon isnt appearing on the Playbook. Im running OS 2.0.1.668. What am I missing?

Thanks
    08-13-12 02:14 PM
    This may a stupid answer but worked with another with the same question:

Have you searched all your main screen? swipped down and to the side?

Swip down to see the bottom apps!

If that doesnt work, restart, and if it doesnt work either, reboot!

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    08-13-12 02:22 PM
    Pedro, thanks for pointing out my stupidity, it was swiping down that I missed, they'd popped in underneath a full home screen. Thanks very much, I'd tried reboots, the lot and thought I was going mad.
    PedroBorgas likes this.
    08-13-12 02:36 PM
    Eheh np Happened before and will happen again ^^
    08-13-12 03:28 PM
    The best fix that will work is to use the app store and purchase your apps. Although sideloading was put there for developers to use, they aren't stealing. If you use the app store, you'll actually get support...

Shesh....
    08-13-12 08:33 PM
    Most of us would buy the apps if they were available in the app world...

08-14-12 02:11 AM
    The best fix that will work is to use the app store and purchase your apps. Although sideloading was put there for developers to use, they aren't stealing. If you use the app store, you'll actually get support...

Shesh....

Maybe you havent noticed it yet but the appworld doesnt have all the apps that are free and run on the playbook?
    i have at least 10 free android apps installed that i use almost daily that are not available and also 10 native PB apps that are free and opensource and not available.

But everyone who is sideloading is pirating, right. Maybe some just want to get the most out of the device they payed for.
    08-14-12 05:19 AM

Shesh....
    Thanks for your 2 cents...
    Educate yourself before you spew any more scat. First of all, this thread was going along just fine until you sent it off course.

Secondly, If there is a free APK out there, that is NOT in App World and someone wants to convert and sign it to use as a BAR on Playbook. All the power to them!
    If it wasn't for sideloading, my mother wouldn't have Kindle on her Playbook, meaing she never would have bought a playbook, meaning that's 1 MORE person not buying RIM.
    No one said they were installing pirated apps! Plus that's what the new encryption is for anyway! Either way, there was no need to jump down this throat on this, hence you are getting it back!
    Last edited by mhinc; 08-14-12 at 05:41 AM.
    08-14-12 05:39 AM
    This may a stupid answer but worked with another with the same question:

Have you searched all your main screen? swipped down and to the side?

Swip down to see the bottom apps!

If that doesnt work, restart, and if it doesnt work either, reboot!

This worked like a charm!!

This is what I love about new toys. You learn something new everyday.....lol
    11-16-12 07:20 PM
    Fyi,

For future users.

DDPB usually only works about 1 in 3 times. Check the box that says Run after install, or use BBHTools.

Also, once in a bluemoon, your PBs dev mode gets stuck. So you need to toggle dev off and back on *some* times.

Connecting by USB is better than over wifi but I always push via wifi.

Last, ddpb doesn't have error logging. Bbhtools does. Switch if needed to see what is missing (64bit java?)

Also, you can use LocalBar2 to push apps from one PB to another PB without a PC if you have a friend who sideloads

Ed

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    11-16-12 11:06 PM
    DDPB usually only works about 1 in 3 times. Check the box that says Run after install, or use BBHTools.
    That's not my experience. If the bar file is good, DDPB works virtually all the time.
    11-17-12 12:05 AM
    Sometimes DDPB hasn't worked for me too.. Just retrying worked fine..
    Even LocalBar2 has done it a couple of times to me..

Never used BBHtools..
    11-17-12 03:58 AM
    Hi, Ive successfully sideloaded apps before with DDPB but recently Im having trouble with the apps icons not appearing on the Playbook. DDPB is connecting fine and the app seems to be installing and if I choose the run on installation option, the app pops up and works fine, but the icon isnt appearing on the Playbook. Im running OS 2.0.1.668. What am I missing?

Thanks
    perhaps you typed in wrong password. it did happen to me before.

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    11-17-12 07:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD