Hi folks,

I have been trying to use DDPB with a Site called Goodereader to download Android apps on my PB. I followed all directions exactly. DDPB communicated as it should have. I found the bar file in downloads on my PB. DDBP said it was downloading the app to my Playbook. When finished it said "done". When I checked my PB, however, the app was not there. What happened to it? All seemed to go well, but no app. I have the latest OS. I tried again with a different approach choice. All went well, and seemed to go smoothly, and once again....no app.
    07-11-12 08:22 AM
    Have you rebooted?
    07-11-12 08:40 AM
    I have a friend who was having the exact same problem, no error messages everything seemed to be going fine but the app's weren't showing up, in the end it was a java problem, I don't know the details but I'll try to find out and post back.
    07-11-12 08:40 AM
    You did put your pb into Development Mode. It is under Options, Security. When you do so, there's a "torso" icon along with the battery icon, bt, etc icons at the upper right.

What version of ddpb?

What apps did you try?
    07-11-12 09:14 AM
    Yes, I was in development mode and tried rebooting as well. I am definitely interested in that potential java problem. Let me know when you find out. Thanks for your replies folks.
    07-11-12 12:37 PM
    Yes, I was in development mode and tried rebooting as well. I am definitely interested in that potential java problem. Let me know when you find out. Thanks for your replies folks.
    Did you not read the instructions on Goodereader website on installing apps to PB? It clearly state what to do,
    *** If your computer does not have Java, which most do you might need to install it on your PC to get this program to work.

Download JRE for Windows 32 Here
    jre-6u25-windows-i586.exe
    Download JRE for Windows 64 Here
    Free Cloud Storage - MediaFire
    *** If you have a MAC, follow the tutorial here http://crackberry.com/sideload-android-apps-your-mac

Blackberry Playbook Android Apps | Good e-Reader Android App Store - Playbook App Store

you need to ensure you have the latest Java installed.
    Last edited by rcm1301; 07-11-12 at 01:23 PM.
    07-11-12 12:53 PM
    Go to control panel/programs. You should be able to update Java from there.
    07-11-12 12:59 PM
    My friend ran into the the exact problem as you've described, he had sideloaded before but this problem developed after windows updates, as others have suggested here a java update fix this for him.

If an update does not resolve it for you try right clicking on DDPB icon, click properties, click compatibilities tab, check the run this program as administrator box, click apply button.

I needed to set my path when I started using DDPB Installer, this is how I did it.
    Start --> Control Panel --> System, then click on the "Advanced System Settings" link on the left.
    Then the "Environment Variables" button. In the lower section.
    Scroll through and find the item labeled "Path" and double click it.
    In the field labeled "Variable value" go to the end of the line and add a semicolon " ; " and then the path to your installation of Java.
    In my case I added --> ;C:\Program Files\Java\jre8
    You'll need to use explorer and locate your java installation.
    Restart the computer.

Hope this helps.
    07-11-12 06:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD