since sunday 25 th sept 2011 we have changed dst ( new zealand ) and only the network time updated . i searched rim knowledge base and they say it is a known issue and haven't offered any time as to when it will be fixed. this has rendered the alarm, calendar,and tasks useless. now how APPLE like. is that fix coming in os2.0 maybe?
    09-26-11 11:08 AM
    since sunday 25 th sept 2011 we have changed dst ( new zealand ) and only the network time updated . i searched rim knowledge base and they say it is a known issue and haven't offered any time as to when it will be fixed. this has rendered the alarm, calendar,and tasks useless. now how APPLE like. is that fix coming in os2.0 maybe?
    Can't you just set the time manually for now? Granted not a permanent fix, but at least your alarms, calendar and tasks won't be "useless".
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    09-26-11 11:30 AM
    jpeplow
    tried that and then the network clock on the main screen is wrong .every time i enter an appointment on my torch it shows up as 1 hour wrong on playbook. in the clock options there should be an option to change clock manually to dst it is not there .i suspect that i will have to wait until oct 24 which was the dst loaded when the os was made. bummer just when i was starting really get into my playbook
    by the way this is only a problem with the playbook not phones .
    09-26-11 01:25 PM
    what do i have to do to get a responce .the playbook daylight saving is broke and no one gives a !?(
    09-27-11 01:45 AM
    if its out of sync with your phone try setting the time manually on your phone aswell, disable automatic updates on there and move the time 1hr forward or back as required. Just remember to date your existing appointments and alarms after you do.

Bit of a naff workaround but might help in the short term until its patched
    09-27-11 01:51 AM
    donnee you are talking s?/!". the problem is not with sinc

i can make an appointment on my torch and when i view the same event on my pb it is 1hr wrong it doesnt make any difference if i manually change the system time .
    09-27-11 02:23 AM
    Not much use trying to insult people trying to help you.
    None of us knows what OS2 has to offer, and certainly nobody is going to post a link to a patch fixing the issue. If it really is broken, then it really is broken.
    Look on the bright side, in 6 months it is going to be fine again.
    Last edited by Juraj; 09-27-11 at 08:13 AM.
    09-27-11 07:30 AM
    Does not help you but this daylight/standard time stuff should never be hard coded into the device. Locales can tweak this stuff anytime they want and it makes it hard to keep it correct. My very old HP Palmtop had a file that could be created/edited where you could add or edit the file to change the parameters for time changes.

All you can do is report the issue by calling rim and hoping they fix it. Or try changing the time settings on both devices in some manner that fudges it but works. Good luck
    wiredr likes this.
    09-27-11 08:56 AM
    Does not help you but this daylight/standard time stuff should never be hard coded into the device. Locales can tweak this stuff anytime they want and it makes it hard to keep it correct. My very old HP Palmtop had a file that could be created/edited where you could add or edit the file to change the parameters for time changes.

All you can do is report the issue by calling rim and hoping they fix it. Or try changing the time settings on both devices in some manner that fudges it but works. Good luck
    the hard coding is the problem . any country that changes dst will generate the same problem thus rendering thousands of playbook,s useless .the only hope is that when the old dst rolls around 3rd sunday in october that it will update correctly .
    calling rim seems to be out as they want $49 us to generate an incedent report
    09-27-11 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD