Now all you need is a permanent original apple rainbow logo tattoo on your forehead and you'll be good to go.
    Lol!!! im sure he got the tatoo already.. and in top of post something like that on here he got the nervs to tell me im out of topic in here when i told him apple does not know what to do without steve brain, he fliped with.. �what make me thing they wont upgrade because steve is not the CEO� is not about is the ceo, the point is the are brainless without him... if im wrong, why they did not upgrade to 5 already? lol!. people are just became to see not only bb has delayed or not upgrade on time, every company go throug delays or thing just dont go well. they difference is only bb get the negative press for do so!!
    12-29-11 11:39 PM
    Do you really think they changed from 5 to 4S in the two months between Jobs died and the release date? Let's be honest. Us BlackBerry fans can't take it when other companys succeed. Everyone that has a product of Apple's instantly becomes "a brainless fanboy". Maybe.. MAYBE.. They just make good products? And MAYBE us RIM followers are the sheep. We can't admit that their company isn't doing the greatest, so we take it out on whoever tries something new. Apple is not "brainless" without Jobs. They're probably still more innovative than RIM. Don't get me wrong, I'm a RIM fan before anything. But I have respect for the other companies too, and I don't just blindly follow RIM and ruthlessly bash all others. Lastly, don't blame RIM's downfall on the press.. We all know that's not true.
    Lead_Express and conix67 like this.
    12-29-11 11:50 PM
    They say variety is the spice of life. Do you like your iPad? good for you! There's really no need for product bashing. I like my PB and my iPad doesn't get used much anymore but it was still great while it lasted. I just happen to like the smaller form factor when I'm out and about as well as the bridge feature. Here's hoping RIM pulls off this big 2.0 update so we of crackberry nation can have some bragging rights for the first time in a while.
    12-30-11 12:08 AM
    I have an iOS iPad 2, Android 2.3 Kobo Vox and a (2 day old) Playbook. I must admit that I like the hardware quality, OS desktop layout and form factor of the PB. I do, however, have need of hobby, magazine and streaming apps that are not available on the PB or Android. All in all, though, my iPad has been shut down over the holiday period and both my Kobo Vox and new PB have been working overtime.
    12-30-11 01:43 AM
    Do you really think they changed from 5 to 4S in the two months between Jobs died and the release date? Let's be honest. Us BlackBerry fans can't take it when other companys succeed. Everyone that has a product of Apple's instantly becomes "a brainless fanboy". Maybe.. MAYBE.. They just make good products? And MAYBE us RIM followers are the sheep. We can't admit that their company isn't doing the greatest, so we take it out on whoever tries something new. Apple is not "brainless" without Jobs. They're probably still more innovative than RIM. Don't get me wrong, I'm a RIM fan before anything. But I have respect for the other companies too, and I don't just blindly follow RIM and ruthlessly bash all others. Lastly, don't blame RIM's downfall on the press.. We all know that's not true.
    I'm sorry but rather than disagree with everything you just said, as a Blackberry enthusiast, could you rewrite so that you are speaking for yourself?

Thanks , that would save me a lot of trouble. I really have a problem when people appoint themselves spokesperson for a group that includes me, especially if I don't agree.
    nhs_john_doe likes this.
    12-30-11 03:52 AM
    The BBP is much better for the suits & tie business crowd that operate Internationally and don't give a hoot for 200,000 game aps.
    Allow me respectfully disagree. I am one of those "suits" who travels internationally, and as much as I like the Playbook it has, IMHO, three fatal flaws for international business users. Note that all three could be eliminated easily should RIM decide to focus on business customers:

1) Lack of a Skype app, which eliminates International calling.
    2) Lack of a functional USB port, which eliminates most external peripherals and any functional way to get files in and out on the fly.
    3) Lack of a functional GPS system

I could care less about movies, Flash, camera, Youtube, games, and all that. For me, the PB isn't about these things. It is about a functional replacement for the massive laptop I still have to carry.

The PB is about halfway there, but I am concerned that if its flaws are not addressed in 2.0, the window will close for the PB and most businesses (my own included) will simply shrug and move on.
    12-30-11 04:11 AM
    ^^^^^^

regarding 1) i don't think this is in RIM's control but rather a skype issue. If video is not important, you can call into a skype conference on any phone or use one of the audio only apps or solutions discussed elsewhere in the forum. I've heard that imo.im or im+ work well.

Most reasonable business persons would understand if you are on travel and wont have the pleasure of seeing your face. Most of the skype conferences I have been in we end up abandoning video anyway for bandwidth or technical reasons.. the video is always laggy or stutters anyway... a still picture gives us a good enough representation of who is talking and what they look like, we don't have to have the StarTrek command deck or holodeck. I think the whole video thing is overrated for corporate use. Family use I understand.

Have you been accustomed to carrying a laptop just so you could have video out? Perhaps it is important to your business, just offering suggestions.

2) if you're using USB for file transfer you're ignoring the internet as a file transfer method. Box.net dropbox etc. assuming you can bridge or wifi - not sure what you mean by "on the fly" but most companies or entities would not appreciate you plugging in a possibly contaminated USB device into their systems anyway. Not very courteous. Which peripherals do you travel with?

3)I don't know what you consider functional GPS, mine functions fine. Since you're comparing with a laptop, that you still have to carry, which laptop have you been using with GPS? Your phone might be a better choice.

If these were the only things forcing me to lug a laptop around, I would leave the laptop at home....
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 12-30-11 at 07:47 AM.
    12-30-11 05:13 AM
    Yet again we have an iPad thread in a Playbook forum !! If you worship at the Apple altar go do it on an Apple forum. I'm not an Apple hater but I'm getting fedup with all the Apple lovers on this forum,stick to your own forums and I won't go onto iPad forums saying how good I think the Playbook is.
    jivegirl14 likes this.
    12-30-11 07:14 AM
    Good thread until post #10, then the same old faces try to ruin it.

OP, Enjoy the iPad but keep an eye on the PlayBook. RIM have learned the importance of an eco-system and I'm sure that 2012 will see a lot of major developments on that front.
    conix67 likes this.
    12-30-11 08:58 AM
    Thank you @xandermac. I'm not trying to bash the PlayBook. I'm not trying to hail the iPad. I have both; I'm a BlackBerry guy first and foremost. And I'm just saying what I think the difference between the two is. I do agree that RIM might rebound in 2012, and I really hope they do. But right now, the iPad will probably get a bit more use than the PlayBook, but the PB will still be used. Does that make me an "Apple Worshipping Brainless iFanBoy"? No. It just makes me honest; I can tell how it is from BOTH sides, instead of always hailing BlackBerry and throwing every other company in the garbage without knowing anything.
    conix67 likes this.
    12-30-11 10:13 AM
    I went in reverse. I have the ipad2, supplied by my job. My wife bought me the pb for Christmas, because my phone is a bold 9930, and she recalled me saying something about it. Now, this is a new toy, and I've only used it for work for a week, but I love the bridge. I'm sure ipad has some sort of app like it to talk to my phone, but I'm not savvy enough to find it, so I often had to repeat elements of my job on each. With the bridge, whatever is on one is on the other. Also, I love the size. My ipad is an expensive laptop, where as my pb is much easier to transport and use on sight (another great feature of the bridge, since my phone has unlimited data.)
    I have to admit that these tools are primarily used for work. I don't have games or social apps on either, or my phone for that matter, so I don't know what I'm missing in this area. I have my word and excel docs and email. I do have an e-reader on each and so far I prefer my ph.
    Granted as a new tool, I'm more excited about it as apposed to something I've been using for awhile, so we'll see how I feel about it in a month or two, but so far everthing about it has caused me to put my ipad on the shelf. A couple of co-workers have made a comment about me still using a blackberry product, but most like its size, ease of use and bridge.
    Lead_Express likes this.
    12-30-11 11:08 AM
    im not saying they wont be a iphone5,i think you miss read.. read it carefully. what i did say was you are talking about iphone5 in october(like bringing up a release date when them on apple dont even know what or when is coming), thats was exactly what i said!.. regarding the CEO topic i do recognize bb had mess up, but know dem well apple doesnt know what to do without steve, if you dont remember steve was responsable for apple succes and with the biggest iphone succes(iphone4) before pass. why they did not bring iphone5 and instead brought a dumb 4S updated with a stupid machine(siri)??. the answer is because their god is gone, most of that 4S succes was because he pass away close to that dumb 4S upgrade, people baught that phone because they felt bad for him. im not going out of topic, im just explaining you exactly what i said.. and refreshing your mind with the ceo topic!. apple wont go down because he is not the ceo.. is just because they dont know what to really upgrade or bring real good products without him. Did i answer your question good enought??? remember, copy,paste and save this quote when this come to reality!!
    I don't think there were ever any plans to release a iPhone 5 before a iPhone 4S. Apple never announced an iPhone 5. Also, i think a 4 to 4S isn't much different than a Torch 9800 to a 9810. Or a Curve 8300 to a 8310. Small upgrade for the company while, if the hype and excitement is there, can still make them money, while saving their next big upgrade for when people get tired of the small upgrade, same design gimmick.

And again, Apple has never officially announced anything regarding the iPhone 5. Everyone is speculating about when it might show up, but that's it. I'll give them credit, they are better than RIM at not announcing something until they are ready or near ready to release it.

And, your saying that, now that Apple has lost Steve Jobs, the company is pretty much clueless on how to run their business? Really?

War Is All We Know
    Last edited by Moonbaseone; 12-30-11 at 11:40 AM.
    12-30-11 11:38 AM
    Thank you @xandermac. I'm not trying to bash the PlayBook. I'm not trying to hail the iPad. I have both; I'm a BlackBerry guy first and foremost. And I'm just saying what I think the difference between the two is. I do agree that RIM might rebound in 2012, and I really hope they do. But right now, the iPad will probably get a bit more use than the PlayBook, but the PB will still be used. Does that make me an "Apple Worshipping Brainless iFanBoy"? No. It just makes me honest; I can tell how it is from BOTH sides, instead of always hailing BlackBerry and throwing every other company in the garbage without knowing anything.
    Respectfully, the problem people have with threads like this is not the content or the fact that one device is being hailed over another or compared, the problem is that this is not the forum for it.

Mostly we are here to share enthusiasm for the TOPIC device, its a playbook enthusiast forum not a my pad is better than your pad forum. Most of us are quite aware of the other devices, we already made our choice, and we know where to go to find info to make comparisons if we even cared.
    That's what a lot of people don't understand when they are met with unwelcome arms with threads like this- we are tired of the off topic discussions and being called fanboys etc. We are in the correct forum for playbook enthusiasm. It is the only place we have since most of the rest of the world (even within crackberry) is devoted to how much android rules the world and apple is genius.

It is not that we are blind, or hate ipads, just don't care and tired of hearing about them and being bashed because they exist and have apps and even feeling compelled to respond to it.

We simply would like refuge from it. Too much to ask? Now I am trying to speak for myself, but I know that others share this view.
    offered in the interest of peace love and understanding.
    We just want ONE forum. The rest are yours for your comparisons love hate, whatever.
    12-30-11 02:27 PM
    With all the rumors about iPad3 swirling, I would have waited.
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    12-30-11 03:16 PM
    I don't think there were ever any plans to release a iPhone 5 before a iPhone 4S. Apple never announced an iPhone 5. Also, i think a 4 to 4S isn't much different than a Torch 9800 to a 9810. Or a Curve 8300 to a 8310. Small upgrade for the company while, if the hype and excitement is there, can still make them money, while saving their next big upgrade for when people get tired of the small upgrade, same design gimmick.

And again, Apple has never officially announced anything regarding the iPhone 5. Everyone is speculating about when it might show up, but that's it. I'll give them credit, they are better than RIM at not announcing something until they are ready or near ready to release it.

And, your saying that, now that Apple has lost Steve Jobs, the company is pretty much clueless on how to run their business? Really?

War Is All We Know
    Apple is very smart about the way they release new devices. They don't leak information or make timeline promises that they would have to keep. They don't have to, people are waiting anxiously for any new product.
    The 4S is the 5th generation iPhone and it follows the same pattern Apple used for previous iPhone releases.
    3G, 3GS, 4, 4S. There will be a 6th generation iPhone it may be called the iPhone 5 it may not. There will also be a 3rd generation iPad. No one will know until Apple wants them to.
    12-30-11 03:52 PM
    I can't believe the number of suckers that got hooked by this post.
    Team Troll scores again.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    12-30-11 04:52 PM
    Apple is very smart about the way they release new devices. They don't leak information or make timeline promises that they would have to keep. They don't have to, people are waiting anxiously for any new product.
    The 4S is the 5th generation iPhone and it follows the same pattern Apple used for previous iPhone releases.
    3G, 3GS, 4, 4S. There will be a 6th generation iPhone it may be called the iPhone 5 it may not. There will also be a 3rd generation iPad. No one will know until Apple wants them to.
    Nice one!

I'm a Droid. But many learned last year that Apple(and now the other major players as well) releases it's new phones to coincide with expiring 2 year mobile contracts. The majority of consumers only change phones when their contracts expire.

All timed to entice users who are out of contracts and looking to ditch the 2yr phone they've been using for 2yrs. That's why the carriers, at least the ones here in the U.S., offer incentives and phone discounts to lock you into another 2yr contract.

2007 - iPhone
    2008 - iPhone 3G
    2009 - iPhone 3GS
    2010 - iPhone 4
    2011 - iPhone 4s

Technically, the next phone will be the 6th iteration. So it may NOT be called the iPhone 5

New phone, upgrade. New Phone, upgrade.

HTC and Samsung have caught on and are now exercising the same tactic.
    12-30-11 05:28 PM
    There are many video formats the playbook doesn't support... yet.
    12-30-11 05:28 PM
    ^^^^ Agree. Owning both the PB and HC tablet. It's surprising what RIM has left out in video formats and audio codecs. I have the latest PB 2.0 beta release.

As for lack of apps, RIM shot themselves by not having native SDK ready at PlayBook's release. By now, there would be more apps. Nevertheless, PB OS is very promising. With Alex Saunders at the helm, there will be more apps in the new year.

EA and Rovio don't produce apps for dying platforms. I just wish there would be more business apps (like Skype). Not sure if Microsoft will allow it now as owners.
    12-31-11 04:16 PM
    Respectfully, the problem people have with threads like this is not the content or the fact that one device is being hailed over another or compared, the problem is that this is not the forum for it.

Mostly we are here to share enthusiasm for the TOPIC device, its a playbook enthusiast forum not a my pad is better than your pad forum. Most of us are quite aware of the other devices, we already made our choice, and we know where to go to find info to make comparisons if we even cared.
    That's what a lot of people don't understand when they are met with unwelcome arms with threads like this- we are tired of the off topic discussions and being called fanboys etc. We are in the correct forum for playbook enthusiasm. It is the only place we have since most of the rest of the world (even within crackberry) is devoted to how much android rules the world and apple is genius.

It is not that we are blind, or hate ipads, just don't care and tired of hearing about them and being bashed because they exist and have apps and even feeling compelled to respond to it.

We simply would like refuge from it. Too much to ask? Now I am trying to speak for myself, but I know that others share this view.
    offered in the interest of peace love and understanding.
    We just want ONE forum. The rest are yours for your comparisons love hate, whatever.
    ^ This

I swear sometimes I feel like this forum should be called "Playbook vs. iPad" instead of "Blackberry Playbook." I really think the mods should step up and move these Apple-centric posts to the Apple forum. Then... just then... MAYBE these threads wouldn't turn into giant arguments over which device is better. Hmm??

OP, you do know there is an Apple forum here on Crackberry, right? Why didn't you post this thread there? Is it because you want other Playbook users to consider the iPad? If, so you aren't going to be welcome with open arms... this IS a Blackberry Playbook enthusiast forum.

We aren't idiots. Most of use have used an iPad before and know the pros and cons. I am happy you are enjoying your purchase, but please don't come to this forum to justify your iPad to the Playbook community. It's just not gonna work...

Also, don't tell me I need apps. I DON'T NEED ANY DAMN APPS.
    nhs_john_doe likes this.
    12-31-11 05:35 PM
    You forgot to mention the transistor radio speaker that they have on the ipad2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-11 05:40 PM
    Actually, this has LOTS to do with the PlayBook. I was an early adopter of the device. I own the device. I own a BlackBerry phone. So really, I'm more connected to RIM than Apple. I'm posting a comparison of the two devices. I'm sorry nobody likes to see ANYTHING negative about the PlayBook, but I'm just being real. Sorry.
    12-31-11 05:43 PM
    LOL I just bought the playbook cus it was cheap, and I'm really enjoying it. If I could get an iPad 2 for $200 i would probably get that over the playbook. Apps don't crash nearly as much in iOS and I really dont see what the playbook has over the ipad. Oh well I got what I payed $200 for LOL I hope bb doesnt stop supporting the pb, that would stink but with the $99 firesales I think thats where their heading. playbook build quality + app store apps = win
    12-31-11 06:02 PM
    I hope bb doesnt stop supporting the pb, that would stink but with the $99 firesales I think thats where their heading.
    Since the PB is running the OS that the new BBs will be using and at the same resolution and they've already said that apps made for Pb will work on the BB10 phones, so there's no reason to abandon the PB. It will be their OS moving forward.
    12-31-11 07:45 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD