I did it..I bought an iPad 2. Yes, I still own my PlayBook, but right now its just taking up space on my shelf. The PB looks like a midget now compared to the 9.7 inch screen of the iPad, and now I finally know what it's like to be able to interact with my favourite brands, companies, and teams through their apps. Every commercial on TV advertises "find us on the Apple App Store and Android Marketplace". Yet none advertise having a BlackBerry or PlayBook app. You can say apps don't matter all you want, but they do. In this market, that's the driving factor. I can say I will continue to use my PlayBook because it supports ALL video formats, as the iPad only lets me view purchased content. The camera on the PlayBook is also far superior than that of the iPad..the iPad's camera is embarassing. Other than that, I'm loving my iPad. Great piece of technology. I still own a BlackBerry phone, so I'm not completely on the dark side...yet. If RIM doesn't step it up and improve their hardware and integrate themselves into the app landscape...I'll be joining those lining up next October for the iPhone 5. The iPad hasn't given me any reason not to.
    12-29-11 06:20 PM
    Booooooooo lol jk
    12-29-11 06:23 PM
    I know RIM is kind of ultimately responsible because of marketing and developer relations - but remember - it's not RIM that writes the apps. Hopefully the app scenario will now improve seeing that the PB user base seems to have grown a lot since the summer.
    12-29-11 06:27 PM
    I'm glad ur satisfied with your purchase.

Maybe in a couple of months the PB will be good enough to stop collecting dust. But well.. having both devices... you have the best of both worlds I guess. The advanteges of the PB and the apps from the iPad.
    JBenn911 and Berrimad like this.
    12-29-11 06:27 PM
    Congratulations on your ipad2 purchase, you now have the best of both worlds. Enjoy and be merry....its that time of year (sounds familiar). I have nothing against apple products, I just like Blackberry better and the PlayBook and Bold 9650 fit my needs and wants for MY lifestyle as it is today. (sorry for the repeat post but the other was deleted)
    12-29-11 06:39 PM
    LUKE...it's OB1............don't go to the dark side.

LOL enjoy your ipad. I could make real good use of that dust collecting PB for you
    12-29-11 06:52 PM
    Glad you're happy with it.
    I have both and I'm not entirely happy with the Bigger one.
    12-29-11 07:21 PM
    I did it..I bought an iPad 2. Yes, I still own my PlayBook, but right now its just taking up space on my shelf. The PB looks like a midget now compared to the 9.7 inch screen of the iPad, and now I finally know what it's like to be able to interact with my favourite brands, companies, and teams through their apps. Every commercial on TV advertises "find us on the Apple App Store and Android Marketplace". Yet none advertise having a BlackBerry or PlayBook app. You can say apps don't matter all you want, but they do. In this market, that's the driving factor. I can say I will continue to use my PlayBook because it supports ALL video formats, as the iPad only lets me view purchased content. The camera on the PlayBook is also far superior than that of the iPad..the iPad's camera is embarassing. Other than that, I'm loving my iPad. Great piece of technology. I still own a BlackBerry phone, so I'm not completely on the dark side...yet. If RIM doesn't step it up and improve their hardware and integrate themselves into the app landscape...I'll be joining those lining up next October for the iPhone 5. The iPad hasn't given me any reason not to.
    It's not the hardware, it's the SW that runs the PB RIM needs to improve. The hardware guys at RIM actually did an outstanding job. They put together a marvel. The weak points are the SW guys. In another thread today people even pointed out that it actually contains a chip that not only does BT and GPS and WIFI but also supports FM Radio!
    So there's HW in the PB and SW does not utilize it. What a true marvel this is and at some corners to poorly executed. This tablet has enormous potential if done right in the future. I hope they do it justice in the future...
    jafobabe and spike12 like this.
    12-29-11 07:31 PM
    "The dark side of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural"

Actually I own a iPad 1, Playbook and Torch 9800. They all serve their purpose. Dont let your Playbook collect dust. Once the honeymoon is over with your iPad 2 you will appreciate the smaller form factor of the Playbook when your mobile on the go. Also games like Dead Space, NOVA etc... are funner on the smaller device that is easier to hold. Playing flash video within web pages is also an advantage.
    12-29-11 07:33 PM
    I'm sorry, but this thread sounds like it should be on an iPad forum. I don't understand its revalence here.
    12-29-11 07:42 PM
    No offense. But I think everyone that has a PlayBook knows about the iPad, the apps, etc. Maybe there's someone that is not aware. But I kinda doubt it.
    12-29-11 07:50 PM
    why is this in the playbook forums? Have a feeling this thread won't last long.
    12-29-11 07:54 PM
    You can say apps don't matter all you want, but they do.
    Why do people feel compelled to insist on telling me what matters to me?
    Should I insist that Flash should matter to you?

Apps don't matter to me, they don't.

Happy you have an app playerif it matters you. Enjoy.
    Jeff Deegan likes this.
    12-29-11 08:02 PM
    I finally know what it's like to be able to interact with my favourite brands, companies, and teams through their apps.
    This can't be accomplished via the browser
    llllBULLSEYE likes this.
    12-29-11 08:04 PM
    This can't be accomplished via the browser
    All due respect, for some people, sometimes the app experience is better than the browser experience when mobile. Even the full HTML site.

This is even more true the smaller the screen size is.

War Is All We Know
    12-29-11 08:11 PM
    I've been watching the market since March - as the tsunami of iPad worshippers flooded the media and BlackBerry took a stock hit over PlayBook. I'm a contrarian investor - and have been buying BB stock because the hype of the masses is just what I need to make a kill. I bought the BlackBerry PlayBook at a discount recently. The design, diversity and ergonomics is very impressive. The BB PlayBook will get more traction next year when the large enterprises adopt the BBP with the new OS for security reasons. The BBP is much better for the suits & tie business crowd that operate Internationally and don't give a hoot for 200,000 game aps. BlackBerry's international sales keep growing despite the negative press locally. Me thinks the 1% money changers are trying to steal the company by trashing BBP. My vote is for the BlackBerry PlayBook over the long-term. iPads are for kids. I only fault BB in the choice of name - call it a WorkBook and companies and governments would flood them with ten-fold orders. I love my BBP and will take it on my next trip to Asia - for work and play. If I had to use only one word to describe it: magical.
    jafobabe, hpjrt, ralfyguy and 2 others like this.
    12-29-11 08:31 PM
    you are really waiting for the iplone5 in october??.. they dont even know when is coming, or iflat. i think you are just a iflan fanboy trying to do some undercover here, you are just like the press, craving for a new apple product but after steve job death apple will little by little going down, you can copy,paste and save this quote!!! . this morning i was reading some tech news and like at 9 AM press were saying apple was going to unveil to new ipad 7 and 10 inches... and then by 5pm they take it back and say they were miss inform. can you believed that?? press are biggest ifans!! they are craving new apple devices more than people out there, they are willing to invent news in order to create hype on people like you!!. but apple make them look like idiots and denied the information, �there is nothing new on the macworld 2012�. lol!! remember what i told you.. copy,paste and save this quote... apple without steve has no brain, and soon will die for lack of inovation or whatever you wanna call it!! i never believed you even got a playbook... but you better buy one!!
    ralfyguy and jivegirl14 like this.
    12-29-11 09:39 PM
    I bought my wife an iPad 2 for Christmas; it's a really neat machine and it will be perfect for her and will compliment her iPhone 4. There are some things about the iPad I really like, obviously the native PIM, the usable keyboard and the fact that everything feels very finished.

That being said, after playing around with it I still prefer the UI on the Playbook, the way multitasking is right there in front of you all the time. If the February update comes through the way it's supposed to the PB should feel just as 'finished' as the iPad.

We also have a Kindle Fire kicking around that I purchased on a lark on a recent trip to the US. The price was right. Turns out it's not very useful in canada as anyting more than a web browser and kindle reader, since none of the amazon content is available here (can't even purchase apps). Having all three tablets in the same room the Kindle feels like a piece of junk. The UI is confusing, the commands and menus are over-complicated and everthing feels busy and slow.

Since it's not much use to me as-is I'll probably end up rooting the kindle and instaling a regular android build just to fool around with.
    12-29-11 09:55 PM
    I actually whipped my iPad out for the first time in a while since I had my Playbook. I used it for SlingPlayer

A lot of us here have both devices. It's good having both. For the first time today I started missing some of the apps the iPad had that the PB doesn't. However I DON'T miss the iPad's size when I'm ANYWHERE away from home
    12-29-11 10:12 PM
    @canito338, do you really think they won't release an iPhone 5? They stick to their schedules (clearly)...unlike RIM. And yes, I do own both a Torch 9800 and a PlayBook, which I bought at ORIGINAL PRICE in May. I'm not saying the PlayBook is garbage; both devices have pros and cons. But right now, RIM is not taking advantage of the hardware they have. By the way, I'm 14...I don't know of many 14 year olds pretending to be BlackBerry fans converted to iFanBoys. And lastly, about Apple going downhill because Jobs is no longer CEO...do you really think us BlackBerry fans are in ANY position to talk about company's leadership when our co-CEOs are on the brink of being fired? Let's not bring up that discussion...
    12-29-11 10:48 PM
    You know, I was walking through Best Buy, and I couldn't help noticing...again... that the iPad is a purdy device. Little awkward size-wise for my basic use, but still a very nice tablet for occassional use. I wouldn't mind having one of every kind of device, so I could say "I can do this with this one, and that with that one..." This is not a religion to me. I hope you enjoy your iPad and continue to use and get the most of your fabulous PlayBook, too. L'Chaim!
    12-29-11 11:11 PM
    I'll be joining those lining up next October for the iPhone 5. The iPad hasn't given me any reason not to.
    Now all you need is a permanent original apple rainbow logo tattoo on your forehead and you'll be good to go.
    12-29-11 11:18 PM
    @canito338, do you really think they won't release an iPhone 5? They stick to their schedules (clearly)...unlike RIM. And yes, I do own both a Torch 9800 and a PlayBook, which I bought at ORIGINAL PRICE in May. I'm not saying the PlayBook is garbage; both devices have pros and cons. But right now, RIM is not taking advantage of the hardware they have. By the way, I'm 14...I don't know of many 14 year olds pretending to be BlackBerry fans converted to iFanBoys. And lastly, about Apple going downhill because Jobs is no longer CEO...do you really think us BlackBerry fans are in ANY position to talk about company's leadership when our co-CEOs are on the brink of being fired? Let's not bring up that discussion...
    im not saying they wont be a iphone5,i think you miss read.. read it carefully. what i did say was you are talking about iphone5 in october(like bringing up a release date when them on apple dont even know what or when is coming), thats was exactly what i said!.. regarding the CEO topic i do recognize bb had mess up, but know dem well apple doesnt know what to do without steve, if you dont remember steve was responsable for apple succes and with the biggest iphone succes(iphone4) before pass. why they did not bring iphone5 and instead brought a dumb 4S updated with a stupid machine(siri)??. the answer is because their god is gone, most of that 4S succes was because he pass away close to that dumb 4S upgrade, people baught that phone because they felt bad for him. im not going out of topic, im just explaining you exactly what i said.. and refreshing your mind with the ceo topic!. apple wont go down because he is not the ceo.. is just because they dont know what to really upgrade or bring real good products without him. Did i answer your question good enought??? remember, copy,paste and save this quote when this come to reality!!
    12-29-11 11:24 PM
    Enjoy! I'm a little confused at the need for you to share this (I didn't go post in an iPad forum that I bought a Playbook) but I wish you well with your new purchase (and I mean that from the bottom of my heart).
    jivegirl14 and rotorwrench like this.
    12-29-11 11:28 PM
    why they did not bring iphone5 and instead brought a dumb 4S updated with a stupid machine(siri)??. the answer is because their god is gone, most of that 4S succes was because he pass away close to that dumb 4S upgrade, people baught that phone because they felt bad for him.
    People did not buy the 4S because their god died. People bought it because they are caught up in the game "keeping up with the Jones". You know, my toy is better than yours, my toy is newer than yours. Materialistic brainwashing. Stupid nonsense.
    12-29-11 11:34 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD