Rented the Dark Knight Begins on Amazon Prime last night. Plugged my PB directly into the TV via DVI. Worked beautifully. Sound and picture were awesome.

I did noticed that when I bridged from my 9900 to PB (so I could pause using the remote control) things started to hiccup. So I had to go to the bridge options and switch off all the synching features (email, browsing etc) and everything was beautiful after that.

Loved it!
    07-19-12 03:26 PM
    Any special thing you did to get this to work other than going to Amazon.com? The reason I ask is because last time I tried it, I got an error message. I called up Amazon and they said they didn't have plans to support the PlayBook at that time. I'm curious if something changed..
    07-19-12 03:55 PM
    Any special thing you did to get this to work other than going to Amazon.com? The reason I ask is because last time I tried it, I got an error message. I called up Amazon and they said they didn't have plans to support the PlayBook at that time. I'm curious if something changed..
    By my understanding, it sometimes works for some people, other times it doesn't for other people etc. I don't live in the US, so sadly I can't get Amazon Instant Video, so I don't know first hand
    07-19-12 04:16 PM
    I THINK there was a brief period when Amazon broke it for the pb but, again, THINK it was temporary and fixed or changed so that it started working again. But my memory may be as reliable as this Amazon thing working!
    07-19-12 05:48 PM
    In another thread, they say it depends on what you are playing. Some do, some don't.
    07-19-12 05:56 PM
    Since the 2.0 update it works all the time.
    I have AmazonPrime account and have played almost every
    movie on my playbook never had a single movie or show fail.
    Also HBOGO and MAXGO work without problems.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-19-12 06:11 PM
    It has been working fine lately. A few months ago they must have been tweaking their servers. And I think that's Batman Begins.
    araskin likes this.
    07-19-12 06:14 PM
    I am running a PB 2.1.560 and have not had any issues with streaming from any Site. Just plugged it in and off I went....
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-19-12 07:55 PM
    ^^^^^

Same here...Amazon Prime has worked for me for several months. Just bought a Roku for Netflix and downloaded the remote app for the PB...works like a champ.
    07-19-12 11:38 PM
    Does the video from Amazon stream at full resolution or is upscaled from the Playbook native resolution?
    07-20-12 02:48 AM
    Went to the midnight show of the Dark Knight Rises. Really good.
    07-20-12 03:48 AM
    Horrible, what happened at the midnight showing, just horrible. A 6. Year old girl was one of the 12 killed.
    07-20-12 09:40 AM
    Does the video from Amazon stream at full resolution or is upscaled from the Playbook native resolution?
    Not sure what you mean by full resolution. My TV is 1080p and I ASSUMED that that was the resolution I was watching. It certainly looked HD (or very close to it) to me.

Sorry I couldn't be more accurate in my response, I am honestly not sure.
    07-20-12 09:45 AM
    Went to the midnight show of the Dark Knight Rises. Really good.
    I am going this Wednesday. Thats why I am re-watching the other two movies.
    Glad you liked it. Looking forward to seeing it.
    07-20-12 09:46 AM
    Since the 2.0 update it works all the time.
    I have AmazonPrime account and have played almost every
    movie on my playbook never had a single movie or show fail.
    Also HBOGO and MAXGO work without problems.
    Agreed. Watched NewRoom from HBOGO.com last night. Didnt work as well as Amazon Prime but I think thats because of some wifi issues on our end which messed up the streaming. Once those were fixed, it worked great.
    07-20-12 09:48 AM
    Not sure what you mean by full resolution. My TV is 1080p and I ASSUMED that that was the resolution I was watching. It certainly looked HD (or very close to it) to me.

Sorry I couldn't be more accurate in my response, I am honestly not sure.
    If you are allowed to download the movie and play it in the Videos app and you hit the fullscreen button, THEN and only then is it running at the resolution of the video. It seems flash based video from the browser or otherwise is only upscaled from the Playbook native resolution. This makes the image a bit blurry.
    07-20-12 10:36 AM
    The video definitely played in the browser so I guess it was upscaled. However, the image was crisp to my eyes.
    07-20-12 11:05 AM
    Horrible, what happened at the midnight showing, just horrible. A 6. Year old girl was one of the 12 killed.
    Who takes a 6 year old to see this kinda movie. At midnight a kid that age should be in bed.
    07-20-12 02:45 PM
    Who takes a 6 year old to see this kinda movie. At midnight a kid that age should be in bed.
    I was thinking the same thing but it still doesn't make it less tragic. Horrible stuff.
    07-20-12 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD