MS is openly paying developers to bring popular apps to WP7. How do we know that RIM is not doing the same? I suspect they are doing just that. That means that people creating the apps are not doing so because they are passionate about the platform, or because they foresee great profits. Why should that be a problem for anyone?

If you only want to buy apps made by people who were passionate about the platform, your list is likely limited to the titles that came out shortly after launch. RIM is not trying to court devs who are passionate about the platform; they are trying to entice devs who just want to make a quick buck. The devs don't care if the money comes from end users or from RIM. Be happy that any dev will port a popular game for any reason. If you wanted a passion following of talented devs, you should have bought into a different platform.
    01-17-12 10:09 AM
    whatever he says wont affect my choice. pb till the end .
    im sure he'll think different after the 2.0 release.
    hes only saying that for sales. doesnt mean he doesnt like it.
    it belongs to him so i think he can say what he wants.
    still wont affect my choice
    Last edited by gladiatorofyale; 01-17-12 at 10:18 AM.
    01-17-12 10:15 AM
    Development for the PB is good no matter what the dev says. Its been a rocky start PB so its hard to argue. Things are starting to turn now, so peoples opinons will as well.
    As for the game. I bought it for my and the GF's PB. She thinks its OK. personaly I put it down not to pick it back up yet, after 3 screens. Whats the big deal/attraction to that game?
    Mortal Combat anyone
    No kidding! Has anyone tried Snooker HD by Big Head Games. Another great game not getting much recognition.
    01-17-12 11:42 AM
    Whats so great about the game? I haven't even heard of it before today. I'm not saying its insignificant, just that doesn't appear to be as popular as say; Angry Birds. Everyone and their mama knew about AB when it dropped. WTH is Cut the Rope!
    01-17-12 11:51 AM
    I like my Playbook - my identity is not my Playbook. Say something negative about me personally, I'll probably get offended. Say something negative about my Playbook, I'll figure you're just jealous.
    kennyliu and Pilchard like this.
    01-17-12 12:37 PM
    P.S. I went to the city budget hearing the other day, and the General Manager of the Water District was using an iPad. I was so insulted. I am boycotting them. I will not use water from now on.
    remind us not to shake your hand and not to touch your PB.
    kennyliu likes this.
    01-17-12 12:43 PM
    Whats so great about the game? I haven't even heard of it before today. I'm not saying its insignificant, just that doesn't appear to be as popular as say; Angry Birds. Everyone and their mama knew about AB when it dropped. WTH is Cut the Rope!
    CTR is the new Angry Birds.

Kinda surprised myself. Been playing BIRDS since early 2010 and bored to death with the concept of it.

Cut The Rope is is cool, but Where's My Water is much better.
    Thachoc1 likes this.
    01-17-12 01:09 PM
    Angry Birds was popular (outside of the Blackberry circle) well over a year ago. Then Cut the Rope became popular maybe 6-8 months ago. Both are basically old news anyways..
    Thachoc1 and teknishun like this.
    01-17-12 02:16 PM
    well his games dumb anyway
    01-17-12 03:42 PM
    BlackBerry's future doesn't exactly look so great, the Samsung + RIM thing has made me decide to sell my Playbook..

And I'm by no means saying it's not a good device, but to me now it's starting to look like it won't have much of a future.. I don't want to be stuck with zero updates.. I bought the Playbook only a week before they were supposed to release OS 2.0 which is why I had really high hopes for it..
    01-17-12 04:57 PM
    BlackBerry's future doesn't exactly look so great, the Samsung + RIM thing has made me decide to sell my Playbook..

And I'm by no means saying it's not a good device, but to me now it's starting to look like it won't have much of a future.. I don't want to be stuck with zero updates.. I bought the Playbook only a week before they were supposed to release OS 2.0 which is why I had really high hopes for it..
    Sorry to see you go, but so premature! I'm not worried, I'm loving my pb today, as much as I was last night before bed.
    01-17-12 06:05 PM
    I was just reading this article and dont understand why the CEO of Zeptolab, the maker of Cut the Rope, would say what he said about a device his company is making money off of.
    This is what he said:
    But don�t make this about how nice RIM (NSDQ: RIMM) products are: I don�t have many hopes for the PlayBook, but there are some who are choosing it and we will deliver the game to them.
    I apologize...Here is the link.
    Sweet Success For Cut The Rope: An Interview With ZeptoLab’s CEO | paidContent:UK
    Truth Hurts.....but it is what it is.
    CTR is probably in the top 5 all time popular tablet games, and I would think the CEO has a better gauge than the average bb pb fanboi to know if the playbook will be a success or not....and so far it can't even compete with the crappy kindle fire even at the sam pricepoint.
    Richdog- likes this.
    01-17-12 06:35 PM

Thats quite the decision to make based on an unconfirmed rumour. Maybe you were looking for a reason to sell it ? Just a thought.
    01-17-12 07:03 PM
    You sold it based on a false rumor? The PB's future never really looked "great" because they never hit any of their deadlines. But the false Samsung/RIM rumor didn't really change anything and had nothing to do with that...
    01-17-12 08:16 PM
    am i the only one who sees this article as a potential long term plus for the playbook? sure, his personal opinion is he does not see this device succeed, but the company is still making theyre software available. it could be seen as a message to other developers. "why not?". get enough "why not?" from enough developers, what do you have? one loaded app world. and one less major complain among mainstream potential consumers (not enough apps). we may not agree with the trend of 'needing' apps, but if thats what it takes to have people take a shot and seeing its a solid device, 'why not?'.

"Dont hate the playbook, hate the game."

in this case, dont hate the game either. lol it may be the example by a dev that may start the positive domino effect.
    Richdog- likes this.
    01-17-12 09:01 PM
    Cut the rope is an awesome game on an awesome device, what's not to like? I'm buying it.
    01-17-12 09:42 PM

LMAO!! you seriously sold your PB with this reasoning and logic?!?!? You sir made my night.
    01-18-12 01:57 AM
    If we stop supporting Apps due to comments made by CEO's... It is similar to a student not attending class because the professor told the department head that he/she doesn't perform as well as the other students. Who loses? The instructor is still making ends meet and will continue to serve those students that attend. But, the isolated student misses out on their education... Do we really want to be the students?
    01-18-12 09:05 AM
    I believe the title of this thread should be changed. What shots did the CEO take at PB? If I recall correctly, he said he doesn't believe PB has future. This is a common impression shared by the industry, and he did not say anything negative about PB itself. Actually the comment he made was quite positive, and new information for non-developers.

Cut-the-rope is actually fun game, and kids love it. One of the better games you can find on tablets.
    01-18-12 09:26 AM
    if you haven't bought the game you can still give him a piece of your mind in the comments section as a guest if you follow the link in the OP. Just enter a bogus name and a bogus email address like "[email protected]" or whatever. Just sayin...
    01-18-12 09:48 AM
    Playbook and RIM has still a lot to prove and the competition is not sleeping. I can see why some are skeptical. I am glad that we have this app on Playbook and this is what matters.
    01-18-12 10:04 AM
    am i the only one who sees this article as a potential long term plus for the playbook?
    CERTAINLY you are not.

I've noticed that on CB, *ANY* news can be viewed as a potential long term plus for blackberry and playbook.
    pri79269 and kennyliu like this.
    01-18-12 01:58 PM
    CERTAINLY you are not.

I've noticed that on CB, *ANY* news can be viewed as a potential long term plus for blackberry and playbook.
    LOL!

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    01-18-12 02:39 PM
    I was just reading this article and dont understand why the CEO of Zeptolab, the maker of Cut the Rope, would say what he said about a device his company is making money off of.

This is what he said:

But don�t make this about how nice RIM (NSDQ: RIMM) products are: I don�t have many hopes for the PlayBook, but there are some who are choosing it and we will deliver the game to them.

I apologize...Here is the link.
    Sweet Success For Cut The Rope: An Interview With ZeptoLab’s CEO | paidContent
    CEOs say dumb $hit all the time nothing to see here, unless they are creating the native email for OS2! Which they aren't!
    01-18-12 02:48 PM
    CERTAINLY you are not.

I almost fell out of my office chair laughing. Thanks! After a day full of meetings, I needed that!
    01-18-12 04:00 PM
83 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD