But why would you even say anything at all. Why would you insult one of your customer bases. Just not an intelligent statement.
    because there's possibly arrogance in the air and he accidentally inhaled some.
    01-16-12 10:27 PM
    btw... if he have said the same thing about andriod, apple, some of you guys would be hailing him as new RIM CEO... hes also entitled to his own (albeit 'wrong') opinions. im sure every CEO of a wireless entity in the world has a vendor/os preference whether they explicitly say it or not.
    homer1475 likes this.
    01-16-12 10:58 PM
    He is still a person and entitled to not be a fan of the PlayBook. He doesnt have to agree with me to be an ok developer!
    01-16-12 11:08 PM
    Why are people crying about this comment? A couple of facts :

- The Playbook launch and implementation was bungled thanks to RIM's management.
    - The Playbook only has a statistically relevant user base because they discounted the CRAP out of it.
    - The Playbook 1 can never be sold at retail again.
    - If OS2 fails, the Playbook will be relegated to the Jokebook of History

His viewpoint is 100% justifiable. I agree with him in some ways and I use my Playbook every day.
    01-16-12 11:18 PM
    His personal opinion of the pb doesn't change the fact that the game is awesome on the pb. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. Whether he's right about the future - only time will tell...
    auditman likes this.
    01-16-12 11:19 PM
    Personally I just find it to be an odd public statement to make about a business partner.
    HabsSuck likes this.
    01-16-12 11:21 PM
    well I'm definitely not buying it now. wondering how many others wont either. then he can say how sales on PB were subpar. wow. what a way to insult your customer base. .
    And if sales are subpar, it won't encourage other developes to port their apps and games to the pb....
    01-16-12 11:33 PM
    He is still a person and entitled to not be a fan of the PlayBook. He doesnt have to agree with me to be an ok developer!
    Why are people crying about this comment? A couple of facts :

- The Playbook launch and implementation was bungled thanks to RIM's management.
    - The Playbook only has a statistically relevant user base because they discounted the CRAP out of it.
    - The Playbook 1 can never be sold at retail again.
    - If OS2 fails, the Playbook will be relegated to the Jokebook of History

His viewpoint is 100% justifiable. I agree with him in some ways and I use my Playbook every day.
    His personal opinion of the pb doesn't change the fact that the game is awesome on the pb. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. Whether he's right about the future - only time will tell...
    I am gonna ask you folks to leave your common sense at the door! He insulted you! It is time to start a family feud and swear an oath of revenge!

In fact, why stop there? This clearly rivals SOPA... turn your PBs off to show him...

LOL. If you decided to pick software/hardware based upon whether or not the developer truly believes in the long term success of the PB, you probably wouldn't have many third party apps.
    01-16-12 11:42 PM
    But why would you even say anything at all. Why would you insult one of your customer bases. Just not an intelligent statement.
    your talking about it right now because of his comment, further pushing the name of the app. simple marketing.

either that or he (like alot of the media) dont realise the PB is the window to BB10, so the code wont change much at all. and lets not kid ourselves, he knows that for sure.
    01-16-12 11:46 PM
    Thanks for this! I won't purchase this game now!
    01-17-12 12:17 AM
    ungrateful b*stard. i will leave a nasty comment for his app in ap world. i regret supporting his company
    01-17-12 12:34 AM
    I bought, I'm enjoying it and moving on. He supported my platform by making his game available on it, that is good enough for me now, no complaint here. He said the platform wasn't hard to adapt his game to, too. More positive than negative in my eyes.
    kbz1960 and BlackStormRising like this.
    01-17-12 01:15 AM
    First things first: Cut the Rope is a damn great game and aviable for purchase for us Playbook users.

This guy seems to like stating his opinion openly - is that good for the company? Well, at least it's refreshing.
    From the same interview:
    Direct distribution or third-party publisher: which is better? We use (Electronic Arts-owned) Chillingo for the original iOS game. Everything else we do ourselves. Whether or not the decision to use Chillingo was smart, I�d rather not say, but we certainly will publish everything ourselves in future.
    01-17-12 01:52 AM
    And if sales are subpar, it won't encourage other developes to port their apps and games to the pb....
    Except for the fact that games like Angry Birds, NOVA2HD, Madden 12, and many others are selling like hotcakes since the PlayBook went on sale. Those alone will drive numbers and attract developers, regardless of what happens with this one app.
    01-17-12 01:54 AM
    It's only can only be taken as an insult if you think there's merit to the statement
    01-17-12 02:10 AM
    Now regret purchasing the game in the first place!
    Sorry but you would have to have the mentality of a 13-year old to regret purchasing a game, or "flying off the handle" (as someone put it earlier) for what was just an honest (if rather blunt) comment from the CEO.
    01-17-12 02:27 AM
    He should go to diplomacy school.

Opinion of a CEO is the representation of the opinion of his company. What if Obama said "David Cameron is not so bright" should that be considered as his opinion or opinion of USA? I think UK will ban all imports from US
    01-17-12 02:29 AM
    Well, reading this article, I found a half full glass, especially while reading this :

"Talking about the new versions of Cut the Rope, Lyalin was not overly enthusiastic about the PlayBook per se, but but he does make an interesting point: the PlayBook operating system, QNX, is actually more like iOS or Kindle Fire than it is to Android in terms of development, since there is only one device and no need to think about different skins, screen sizes, OS versions and the other variables that come into play when considering an Android app."

It means thateven if he is not "overly enthusiastic" (mind the bold) the ease of deployment of the app was greater than over Android.
    In a few words : anyhow, it worse a try, it's so easy to do, even if it is not our main targeted platform. That's exactly what PB needs : people trying it, just because once they've tried it, they'll love it.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-17-12 02:38 AM
    Guys, did Cut the Rope become less entertaining all of a sudden?

Why would you buy or not buy a product just because somebody affiliated with the company making that product stated his opinion about another product?

Should you not buy things because they increase utility (satisfaction, productivity, time saving, entertainment, etc.)?

Some people do think in mysterious ways

P.S. I went to the city budget hearing the other day, and the General Manager of the Water District was using an iPad. I was so insulted. I am boycotting them. I will not use water from now on.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 01-17-12 at 03:05 AM.
    TGR1 and BlackStormRising like this.
    01-17-12 02:56 AM
    his using an ipad and minding his own business not bad mouthing another city.

there are proper time for someone's opinion. and dont think saying things like that to media is the right time.

Guys, did Cut the Rope become less entertaining all of a sudden?

Why would you buy or not buy a product just because somebody affiliated with the company making that product stated his opinion about another product?

Should you not buy things because they increase utility (satisfaction, productivity, time saving, entertainment, etc.)?

Some people do think in mysterious ways

P.S. I went to the city budget hearing the other day, and the General Manager of the Water District was using an iPad. I was so insulted. I am boycotting them. I will not use water from now on.
    mad.dog99 likes this.
    01-17-12 03:08 AM
    his using an ipad and minding his own business not bad mouthing another city.

there are proper time for someone's opinion. and dont think saying things like that to media is the right time.

"I don�t have many hopes for the PlayBook, but there are some who are choosing it and we will deliver the game to them."

How is this bad mouthing?

He was just saying what almost everybody has been saying for many months now. That doesn't mean we have to boycott everybody who are not particularly optimistic about the Playbook's future. Sorry but I don't see any bad mouthing at all. May be there ARE reasons he is not optimistic?

Anyway, my point is why buy or not buy the app just because some guy said something?
    01-17-12 03:18 AM
    Have you guys confirmed only positive PlayBook comments from the other app developers you buy from or are we just going to knee- on this one? Let it go...
    kennyliu likes this.
    01-17-12 03:21 AM
    I don't see anything wrong with what he said, it doesn't offend me. There's no point being oversensitive. He might be right about the future of Playbook or he might be wrong. At least releasing games for it improves its chances of success.
    CDM76 likes this.
    01-17-12 04:16 AM
    Development for the PB is good no matter what the dev says. Its been a rocky start PB so its hard to argue. Things are starting to turn now, so peoples opinons will as well.
    As for the game. I bought it for my and the GF's PB. She thinks its OK. personaly I put it down not to pick it back up yet, after 3 screens. Whats the big deal/attraction to that game?
    Mortal Combat anyone
    Last edited by Dapper37; 01-17-12 at 08:11 AM.
    01-17-12 05:42 AM
    Here on this forum some thinks anyone saying anything remotely negative against PB is an insult. For gods sake he invested in PB even though he thinks there's no future, or at least it's not certain, and going about saying he is insulting PB customers is pure exaggeration common on this forum.

He makes a very positive comment that the porting to PB was not difficult, which is what I'd like to hear. It means with increasing user base, PB does have a hope to attract more developers to port their apps to, instead of relying on Android player with limited compatibility.
    01-17-12 07:04 AM
83 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD