Has anyone else here bought a PlayBook from Currys in the UK and had to return it because of a faulty screen?

The reason I ask is because I have had 3 now which have all had to be returned...

1st one had lines across the screen
    2nd one had one dead pixel right in the centre of the screen
    3rd one (as 1st) has lines across the screen

Is this just bad luck on my part?

By the way, they've all been 16GB PlayBooks.
    01-30-12 07:05 AM
    I got the 16Gb PB from PC World (same company as currys) so assume from same stock - got it just before xmas and its fine for me
    01-30-12 07:53 AM
    About 2 weeks ago from currys & it seems fine, apart from that I just cant seem to get the screen clean of my greasy fingermarks
    01-30-12 07:58 AM
    Thanks for the replies, looks like just bad luck then.

Hopefully number 4 will be better, looks like I'll just have to keep returning it until I get one that has a decent screen.
    01-30-12 08:04 AM
    Mine okay too. Bought a 16gb before Christmas but swapped it for a 32gb soon after - both okay for me.
    01-30-12 08:36 AM
    I have one from Currys and it has tiny micro dust under screen that's only noticeable on dark screens if you squint or shine a bright light onto screen, also minor light bleed on right edge and tiny bit of lint dust bottom left screen. Thinking about trying another unit, however these issues are only noticeable if you look for them. Didn't see any of them until I ran screen test utility and stared at each screen for a while.
    01-30-12 08:43 AM
    Mine was ok. I bought at about one month ago and I never had a reason to replace it.
    01-30-12 10:16 AM
    I bought mine from PC World (part of the same DSG group as Currys) and all seems fine so far with my PB.
    01-30-12 11:00 AM
    You could always try getting a refund and buying at Carphone Warehouse instead since it's the same price. That's where I got mine from anyway.
    01-30-12 11:56 AM
    Mine has been fine. See someone mentioned light bleed, is that on the left hand side half way down?
    01-30-12 12:03 PM
    You could always try getting a refund and buying at Carphone Warehouse instead since it's the same price. That's where I got mine from anyway.
    I actually had thought about doing that.

I have now purchased 2 PlayBooks and the other one will be going back for a refund when one of them is up to standard.

I am waiting on Currys to deliver me a new one into store, and the other one I'm waiting on BlackBerry to see if they will replace it.

Hopefully one will be fine soon! Failing that, I will be ordering from Carphone Warehouse.
    01-30-12 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD