I'm in the UK and just wondering what my current setup is worth to somone?

64gb Playbook under warranty until August 2013

Official BB leather folding case\stand

Snugg rubber case

Charging dock

Rapid travel charger still sealed.

Your advise please

Reason for sale ? I need a tablet that I can review my slr photos on when out shooting. I love the PB but can't see it getting this functionality soon. Will be looking at Samsung Galaxy note 8 or Ipad mini.
    03-18-13 12:13 PM
    Anyone there?
    03-18-13 12:45 PM
    I'm in the UK and just wondering what my current setup is worth to somone?

64gb Playbook under warranty until August 2013

Official BB leather folding case\stand

Snugg rubber case

Charging dock

Rapid travel charger still sealed.

Your advise please

Reason for sale ? I need a tablet that I can review my slr photos on when out shooting. I love the PB but can't see it getting this functionality soon. Will be looking at Samsung Galaxy note 8 or Ipad mini.
    Just a thought and may not be suitable for you but you only have to insert an eyefi sd card in your slr and away you go. They cost far less that a new tablet!

I have a Nikon DSLR and an 8Gb eyefi SD card in it. (I actually have two of them). When I am out and about taking photos (bad ones because I don't know what I'm doing) I transfer them straight to my pb and violla, your there.
    03-18-13 12:47 PM
    With no sideloads?
    03-18-13 12:55 PM
    Depending on condition of PB, I'd say US$200 or so for everything. A new 64 would be about $200. The accessories don't add up to much as they are pretty cheap these days anyways. You could get all the accessories new for $60-70. If the PB is hard to get in your area and the buyer seems anxious, you can play on that, too.
    03-18-13 01:18 PM
    sad_old_man

Please provide full instructions on how this is possible as it could potentially save me a fortune?

Have you got a video on youtube or anything showing the procedure? Does it handle raw files?
    03-18-13 01:25 PM
    sad_old_man

Please provide full instructions on how this is possible as it could potentially save me a fortune?

Have you got a video on youtube or anything showing the procedure? Does it handle raw files?
    I don't know all that much about EyeFi card, but I DO know it is basically a memory card with built in WiFi!
    You can configure it to send the images to a preset loction whenever it comes into range of a WiFi access point that is able to connect to.
    It may be possible to get it to connect DIRECT to the Playbook via WiFi, but I wasn't aware of this ability - hopefully someone else will be able to fill in the gaps!
    Alternatively, if youGoogle for EyeFi, you should be able to find all the information you need.

Finally, I don't know what your time frame is, but BB10 has been promised on the playbook by the end of the year, this may bring the ability to read your camera memory card (with a suitable adaptor/cable)
    03-18-13 01:35 PM
    Just a thought and may not be suitable for you but you only have to insert an eyefi sd card in your slr and away you go. They cost far less that a new tablet!

I have a Nikon DSLR and an 8Gb eyefi SD card in it. (I actually have two of them). When I am out and about taking photos (bad ones because I don't know what I'm doing) I transfer them straight to my pb and violla, your there.
    Same here. Got Canon DSLR with 4GB Eyefi card in it. Converted the Eyefi Android app to .bar file, and sideloaded to Playbook. Works like a dream. Can download photos straight onto Playbook.
    Eye-fi website
    http://www.eye.fi/uk

Malcolm.
    03-18-13 01:43 PM
    Even raw files? Mine is a Nikon is there a new viewer?
    03-18-13 01:51 PM
    That was meant to say NEF viewer?

Would the same bar file still work when BB10 arrives or could we potentially loose this functionality?
    03-18-13 01:53 PM
    Malcolm or sad old man could one of you do a YouTube video showing it in action and pm the link please?
    03-18-13 01:55 PM
    Oh no the Eye-fi doesn't handle raw!

SanDisk Eye-Fi Wireless SDHC Memory Card
    03-18-13 02:12 PM
    Oh no the Eye-fi doesn't handle raw!

SanDisk Eye-Fi Wireless SDHC Memory Card
    Pro X2 card does
    Eye-Fi Products: Compare WiFi Cards: the Pro X2, Mobile X2, and the Connect X2 | Eye-Fi

Existing Youtube vid
    Last edited by malgpz900; 03-18-13 at 02:51 PM.
    03-18-13 02:36 PM