If they use "pad" at all, I'd be jaw-dropping surprised. While BlackBerry Tablet isn't super catchy and doesn't exactly roll of the tongue, I think I'd prefer it to some attempt at a trendy name. Face it, Apple and put "i" in front of anything and you will know it's an Apple product. BlackBerry just doesn't have that consistency for a name. Any attempt to call it comething like BPad or BTab is just going to look like a cheap ripoff. Maybe they chould go for cheesy with something like The Big Berry. Of course, they really don't want people thinking it's just a large BlackBerry, especially if it's running the new QNX OS. I feel the name needs to reflect the purpose of the device. The BB Companion? I dunno. The Enhancer? Makes a general BB sound like it's not good enough. The Mother Board. There it is. The BlackBerry Mother Board. :P
    Love it. The Blackberry Mother Board.....or the Blackberry Mother Ship

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-15-10 05:00 PM
    Love it. The Blackberry Mother Board.....or the Blackberry Mother Ship

MotherBerry

'Nuff said.
    09-15-10 09:57 PM
    I absolutely agree about the name. I'm actually feeling Cobalt. I was actually considering an iPad (I hate that name too lol) but considering all the talk of a "BlackPad" I'm willing to wait and see what happens. I would love a tablet, never thought I would.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I agree. I don't like the name either.

09-18-10 10:33 PM
    it says September release today is the 19th month more than half over, no leaked pis or video of a working back pad so what gives has rim dropped the ball?
    09-19-10 06:53 PM
    +1 for the MotherBoard
    09-19-10 09:23 PM
    I believe you are correct.....

There needs to be a way to link two PINs (BB phone & PB) or thru some security policy to have a RIM phone linked to a Playbook. This way all BBMs and email syncs.

09-08-11 06:27 PM
    That article was written in August 2010. I think it's a bit outdated.
    09-08-11 07:05 PM
    Hay, this posting of 08-09-2010, 01:09 PM has a life of it's own It 'woke' today.
    Much of the content has been well thrashed out in many later posts.
    Let the posting RIP
    Last edited by mandony; 09-08-11 at 07:46 PM.
    09-08-11 07:18 PM
    This WHOLE thread was started over a year ago, not just the posted article.
    09-08-11 07:27 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD