im looking for a credit card reader app for the playbook so i can make sales on the go for my small business. something like square and intuit for the ipad. if someone can point me in the right direction that would be great. i also have a bold9930. if not possible for the playbook maybe for the 9930?
    02-19-12 06:57 PM
    Just recently I've seen several companies that offer that capability for your Bold. It's a card reader that jacks into your phone. Can't remember the name, but a quick google search will help you find one. As far as I know, it's not something we will be able to do on the Playbook until they give us an os update that includes usb capabilities.
    02-19-12 08:27 PM
    ive done alot of google searches but cant find anything up to date. alot of stuff from 2010. well hopefully the new 2.0 launches with alot of new apps and it would be nice if thats one of them. thanks for your input.
    02-20-12 04:45 PM
    ive done alot of google searches but cant find anything up to date. alot of stuff from 2010. well hopefully the new 2.0 launches with alot of new apps and it would be nice if thats one of them. thanks for your input.
    It's only been a few weeks since I saw it written up and they were not only writing about a knew one, they also mentioned a couple more. Showed pictures of the setup and everything. Might have been in Crackberry, BB Empire, N4BB, Berry Review, BBOS, Blackberry Cool, Rimarkable or even Pocketberry. I sunscribe to these feeds through BB News on my Playbook, so I get constant news daily. If I find it I'll post back.
    02-20-12 05:21 PM
    ok thanks alot. ill keep checking as well
    02-20-12 05:29 PM
    02-21-12 02:19 PM
    Anyone have any experience using this with the Playbook. I started a small film production company in NYC www.tracklightproductions.com and would love the option to accept credit cards on the spot with my Playbook.

How are the rates with Payment Max and how is the customer support, if anyone even knows???

Thanks!
    03-21-12 11:56 PM
    Thanks for the link james, but after review I can't trust that company. (basic site, playbook article from before launch, bad English like it was translated, even the phone pics with the device don't show the actual app) . I really wish they are legit tho as I NEED something similar. Few days ago I even tweeted to bbbiz and a.Saunders to get on paypal about developing PayPal Here(similar service) for berry. No reply yet though.
    03-22-12 12:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD