yes i did ordered one...
    kpmel likes this.
    12-02-11 02:36 PM
    Pinkie

Did you also get the cancellation and refund notices we spoke about above?
    12-02-11 02:49 PM
    kpmel

yes everything is the same as you guys!
    12-02-11 03:07 PM
    I also received the e-mail saying there was a price mistake and a $10 gift card would be sent to me. Sears refunded me but minus the $25.50 shipping apparently for each of the two I ordered. So I'm out about $50. My PayPal says "partially refunded" for their reimbursement.

I'm currently on the phone with Sears about this. If it goes to no avail I'll be calling PayPal and issuing a claim for this. I thought the giftcard was generous, but not refunding us 100% is not right.
    12-02-11 04:16 PM
    The lesson here is never, ever pay for anything with/through PayPal. I have seen this story before way too many times, where items that were declared shipped, never really were, and when the customer finally gets tired of waiting, they cancel, and get a partial refund for an item that really never was shipped. Big scam this is; these guys are just making money on those fake shipping charges. Oh, and that USPS tracking number....a real joke; the scam artists here have simply given Sears a "authentic" looking series of numbers which are not valid. Trying to get the brain surgeons at the USPS to help is an exercise in futility.
    12-02-11 04:22 PM
    The lesson here is never, ever pay for anything with/through PayPal. I have seen this story before way too many times, where items that were declared shipped, never really were, and when the customer finally gets tired of waiting, they cancel, and get a partial refund for an item that really never was shipped. Big scam this is; these guys are just making money on those fake shipping charges. Oh, and that USPS tracking number....a real joke; the scam artists here have simply given Sears a "authentic" looking series of numbers which are not valid. Trying to get the brain surgeons at the USPS to help is an exercise in futility.
    Actually, I disagree. PayPal has saved me several times and I've had nothing but good come out of using their service. I feel safer knowing I have a middle-man with the transaction as well.

So after calling Sears, I was told they will refund me the shipping charges + tax. Hopefully they follow through.
    12-02-11 04:29 PM
    Actually, I disagree. PayPal has saved me several times and I've had nothing but good come out of using their service. I feel safer knowing I have a middle-man with the transaction as well.

So after calling Sears, I was told they will refund me the shipping charges + tax. Hopefully they follow through.
    From my perpective, PayPal is the middle man, and unlike talking to your bank regarding a CC issue, which I have numerous times when it came to fraud, I get solutions and satisfaction the same day; not so with paypal, who decides what and if you have a problem, and there is always the potential that they will rule not rule in your favor. This issue here of members getting partial refunds would not fly with my bank ever....with paypal, you will have to wait a significant period of time, and the results may not be to your liking. Doing a simple internet search revealed hundreds of blogs talking exactly of the problems many have with paypal. Hopefully, things will go your way.

The bottom line, my bank(s) puts the burden of proof on the retailer, and in the mean time, the suspect charges are removed from my account.

With paypal, it is most often the individual who has to go through hoops to prove to paypal that they (the consumer) has been wronged, and in the mean time, your account is still charged.
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 12-02-11 at 05:16 PM.
    12-02-11 05:13 PM
    With paypal, it is most often the individual who has to go through hoops to prove to paypal that they (the consumer) has been wronged, and in the mean time, your account is still charged.
    I gotcha and what you say makes sense. I guess I've just been lucky to have good experience with them in the past. As far as me hoping my refund will happen, that's all from me talking to Sears. I haven't had to deal with my CC company or PayPal in the matter yet.

If Sears follows through, then there won't be any need and I'll be happy with my giftcard.
    12-02-11 06:19 PM
    Guys,
    Sears is in the news again! ! Not related to the PB scam but it is about (Sears reverses 'sneaky' up-sell policy). check it out.

Life Inc. - Sears reverses 'sneaky' up-sell policy
    12-02-11 06:25 PM
    Yep, buy.com does the same thing....they put in your cart a "free virus protection" thingy, and if you download it, you will be subscribed to re-curring charges every 6 months for that BS unknown name brand virus program. I called and bitched about it, and they said to just not download it. I also deleted the add on before I touched the buy now button, but I had to call them to just let it be known I would have none of that crap. The positive side is that buy.com does have living, breathing customer service reps with a pulse readily available 24/7 via phone. One has to watch every internet retailer's BS add on's like a hawk.
    12-02-11 06:33 PM
    Interesting. Perhaps the tide is turning on seeing Sears as a "safe" vendor? Maybe we should downgrade them along side the U.S. credit rating! Having said that, maybe the whole world is getting downgraded to a less creditworthy and credit-able place. Welcome back to the jungle!
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    12-03-11 01:16 PM
    Interesting. Perhaps the tide is turning on seeing Sears as a "safe" vendor?
    Well, among THIS group it is!
    12-03-11 02:02 PM
    Interesting. Perhaps the tide is turning on seeing Sears as a "safe" vendor? Maybe we should downgrade them along side the U.S. credit rating! Having said that, maybe the whole world is getting downgraded to a less creditworthy and credit-able place. Welcome back to the jungle!
    I'm afraid many here are not familiar with the Mayan Prophecies and the Apocalypse.
    12-03-11 02:11 PM
    So I checked my Amex account.

Even though wife got cancellation email on Wednesday night, sears did not Refund the shipping charges.

My other order which "was faked delivered to penn" and I disputed also was refunded without shipping charges.

Pain in the ****. This is elaborate scam counting on buyers to dispute to both sears and their credit card company. And than redoing the same to recapture the shipping charges that were not refunded.

Man. I make a lot of money. And the time spent on the phone (over 45 minutes) I can make much much more than trying to "save" myself $100 on a tablet.
    12-03-11 04:13 PM
    Please read post #4 and #31.
    12-03-11 04:16 PM
    Friday afternoon, I used the online form to contact Customer Service at Sears, re: my missing $25.50 shipping charge. This morning (Sunday), I received an email stating that I'd have to contact BONUS-BUY.COM and get that shipping charge refunded form THEM.

I guess I'm going to call Sears CS -- is 1-800-366-3028 the right number for that?

And to those who Sears told they would get their $25+ back -- what did you tell them to make that happen?
    12-04-11 09:27 AM
    Friday afternoon, I used the online form to contact Customer Service at Sears, re: my missing $25.50 shipping charge. This morning (Sunday), I received an email stating that I'd have to contact BONUS-BUY.COM and get that shipping charge refunded form THEM.

I guess I'm going to call Sears CS -- is 1-800-366-3028 the right number for that?

And to those who Sears told they would get their $25+ back -- what did you tell them to make that happen?
    I am tired of dealing with Sears (who are also the victims of this scheme by the rogue marketplace seller).

I told them they could contact bonus buy themselves at the fake google voice they have listed. They kept on trying to give me the google voice number (804 number). I said try to call them yourselves. They said I need to give the seller a week to respond. Of course I think this is bogus.

It's like they don't understand common english (well sometimes you get an indian call center).

So I am having AMEX take care of this. I have already opened up an incident report.

It's just a pain in the ****.

The rogue seller is counting on people just giving up any still pocketing the fake shipping charges.

But they aren't getting one cent of my money.

So call your credit card company to take care of this matter.
    12-04-11 09:45 AM
    So call your credit card company to take care of this matter.
    I used a SEARS card.
    12-04-11 10:00 AM
    I would strongly urge anyone contacting Sears regarding this matter going forward to be sure to make Sears aware that they are in contact with many other people on these forums who are victims of this scam as well. Use all the leverage possible, they would do the same to you.
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    12-04-11 08:56 PM
    I would strongly urge anyone contacting Sears regarding this matter going forward to be sure to make Sears aware that they are in contact with many other people on these forums who are victims of this scam as well. Use all the leverage possible, they would do the same to you.
    I was finally able to contact Sears.com yesterday, and they told me that I had to contact Best-!uy.com for a refund of my shipping charges. Today, I contacted CS for my Sears card and got an IMMEDIATE refund. They were really surprised when I described the whole situation. The CSR suggested I go to the Best-buy.com store front on Sears.com and write a review.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-11 05:22 PM
    Well it took me a few days but I finally moved my lazy "ash" and responded to Sears. I took a little different tack than I think others here have. In my response via email I assumed Sears to be in breach of a legal and binding contract of sale for this item. To my mind there exists sufficient evidence of that, most notably the charge posted to my credit card by Sears for the full agreed upon price. Taking my money in a certain amount is pretty strong evidence they accept the terms of the deal.

Anyway, I demanded they deliver to me the item at issue (16GB PB) at the agreed upon price. We will see where this goes. As of now, my Amex card still reflects a charge for what I guess is shipping. Here's a strange thing I just noticed. The amount Sears refunded to me does not reflect the amount I paid ($107.23 including shipping and NYC area taxes) minus the $25.50 for shipping. Sears refunded me $79.47 which, for the life of me, I can't figure is reflective of what??! It just further solidifies the impression that Sears is absolutely clueless on this matter. Certainly doesn't fill you with confidence to think a "solid" company like Sears is this far in the dark.

If nothing else, I would never do e-commerce with Sears again and I will advise anyone who will listen to me to do likewise.
    12-07-11 11:26 AM
    Just for the **** of it, I googled "sears and 3rd party internet fraud" There are a number of blogs that involve the same fraud perpetrasted here by other sketchy 3rd party vendors who sell on the Sears Marketplace. One common theme is how customers who get screwed eventually get their money back minus shipping charges of items that were never shipped, and items with tracking numbers that were fake. It appears that this rip off some of you here have suffered is endemic in the Sears Marketplace.
    kpmel likes this.
    12-07-11 11:35 AM
    Thank you so much Alnam! Clueless they are! But maybe conveniently clueless. Good to know that if and when I do speak to Sears, I won't be buying any "we didn't know" BS!

Nice work. Thanks again. I salute you.
    12-07-11 01:08 PM
    Hi folks-

Found this thread by Googling the name of the bogus vendor. Similar story here--thought it worth registering here to throw in my 2 cents. I bought the "Xbox Gears of War" deal. $99.00 each, so thought what the heck--if scam--Sears will honor or refund--put it on my Mastercard so figured I had them if Sears acted like jerks (yep--they did). Ha! So went through the same exact process as all of you--USPS in San Diego, yada yada. Then notice of cancellation. Waited a day or two with no credit to card--so I emailed and told them to honor their sale or refund my $$--I also included Imran Jooma Senior Vice President, e�Commerce--here's he email if you don't have it [email protected] on all emails and please DO correspond with him since this is what he wrote when I placed my order:

"We're all here to make life easier and shopping as convenient as possible."--Bahahahahahahah I was trying to drive him crazy---y'all please feel free to jump in--know he'd love to hear from you.

Anyhoo--shipping was $100--for total order of $309.98--and--you guessed it--they refunded $209.98--kept that shipping cha ching. One agent said I needed to deal with the vendor on that and provided a link---to the bogus site! I fired off a few more emails--always cc'ing my buddy Imran---no response. Today I turned it over to Mastercard to dispute. Lady there said she'd credit my card immediately and they'd deal with Sears---BTW--all of my billing info., refund info., etc. has come from Sears--which shows it is the responsibility of Sears. Gosh--I need to send Imran something for Christmas--maybe an email--such a caring fellow.

Good luck to all of you!
    12-08-11 05:15 PM
    Really sorry to hear about everone's troubles, but this is not your father's Sears, this is Kmart's Sears, 'nuff said.
    12-08-11 10:26 PM
184 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD