Mrs Gatz

I know I am anything but annoyed with you! I am very grateful for you pointing this deal out the forum!! It had Sears name on it! Surely was worth a look. I looked and I leaped!
    I hope you will share other items like this with us in the future should you come across them.

I took a gamble. Sort of stacked in my favor with Amex protections and Sears name behind it. I realized worst case I may end up with some clerical stress sorting this out but worth it if it turned out to be legit.

So thanks again and Happy Holidays to you!
    You are incredible, tyty, you too wow!
    11-30-11 09:49 AM
    @ Mrs Gatz

I made Sears aware of this potential scam. It appears Sears is the real potential economic victim here on this.
    11-30-11 09:51 AM
    They also sell the iPhone 5, 4G which doesn't exist....I'd say sketchy at the very best.
    Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

There is no such item in existance by apple. also look at the price increase.

read his broken english description.

im only posting this so someone can alarm sears to take action. and Apple, they will get him.
    Yep, I mentioned that early on in this thread. No worries though Mrs Gatz, since I got wind of a lynching party of 20 or so each armed with a can of whoop *** heading my way for posting the thread about RIM now selling PB's on their web store, and the resulting order cancellations...
    11-30-11 09:51 AM
    @ Mrs Gatz

I made Sears aware of this potential scam. It appears Sears is the real potential economic victim here on this.
    I suspect Sears can handle it -- their credit card business is handled by Citicorp.
    11-30-11 09:53 AM
    And I feel the same, but still waiting to see what happens in two or three days.

Funny, I never thought I would TOP POST!

I am genuinely sorry for making an OP of this. Even if it turns out positive, because this is nothing but stress for some people.

In the midst of last weeks stupid pricing by this asinine company called RIM, i figured anything was possible.

I AM SORRY.

And if it turns out you dont get your items, it doesnt mattef your payment method, you would be refunded anyhow, which in some way is consolation.

Im usually not this dumb and idiotic, (gullible), to mislead anyone intentionally, but like i said, given the dire straits of lamo RIM, it could have been possible.

And it was sears for heavens sake, more stupidity from them as well.
    11-30-11 09:55 AM
    Yep, I mentioned that early on in this thread. No worries though Mrs Gatz, since I got wind of a lynching party of 20 or so each armed with a can of whoop *** heading my way for posting the thread about RIM now selling PB's on their web store, and the resulting order cancellations...
    I posted the bestbuy new page in a thread down the line a bit. they made a new page today, with the heading :

NEW ! 16GB etc etc refurb 149, then NEW etc etc 32 gb 169,

why in heck do that today, if tomorrow or fri its back to 499 or 449 refurb?

so it may be perm. you guys can snag one, keep checking, for 149.
    11-30-11 09:58 AM
    They have the iphone 5g...gotta be legit
    Not the iPhone 5G, but the "lPhone 5 lPhone 5 5G Newest lPhone 5 5G 32GB 5GS Wifi TV java Quad-Band Dual Card Unclocked 3.5 Touch 4g pk06."

If that didn't tip you off, the description should:

"Notice:The phone support any Sim card with GSM Network,come with original Logo(the black cover have Logo,do not worry),Free 8GB Memory card .it is not original,the phone work wifi TV java FM E-book Facebook Email...... "

The excruciatingly poor use of language and lack of spaces after punctuation is something one sees in many forum spam listings . . . . all the hallmarks of one of those East Asian spammer scammers.
    11-30-11 10:01 AM
    Gotta go to work, hope to be back tomorrow night, but...
    11-30-11 10:07 AM
    I just hope I could get my money back....considering I was stupid enough to use my debit card instead of my credit card...
    11-30-11 10:15 AM
    I would think that Sears would make it good.

All right, I'm out the door. Gotta drive the 18-wheeler from Clovis, NM to Colorado Springs, spend the night, and on to Golden tomorrow. Geez, I hate snow & ice...
    11-30-11 10:21 AM
    I would think that Sears would make it good.

All right, I'm out the door. Gotta drive the 18-wheeler from Clovis, NM to Colorado Springs, spend the night, and on to Golden tomorrow. Geez, I hate snow & ice...
    Tucson to Tucumcari, Tehachapi to Tonapah? Driven every kind of rig that's ever been made? Driven the back roads so you wouldn't get weighed?
    11-30-11 10:50 AM
    Saomething like that! I once delivered a load 330+ miles while the truck grossed 90,000 pounds...
    11-30-11 11:04 AM
    OK, maybe no PB or iPhone5g, but what about this great android powered microfilter deal:

Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

11-30-11 11:27 AM
    My tracking number appears to be the same too. I have called sears everyday since i placed the order just to let them know that things sounded fishy about this deal and she assured me that if it was a scam that i would get my money back.
    11-30-11 11:46 AM
    I think we are beyond the "fishy" stage... how about Moby ****?

If we were going to take a chance on something risky, doing it with Sears name behind it is probably best place to do so. Maybe the scammer knew this too! Who would have jumped in on this if the actual merchant was Bonus-Buy directly?

Back to the Playbook drawing board it seems.

Have a good trip Clovis. I am intrigued by over the road truckers making extensive use of Blackberrys and Playbooks. Certainly not the typical market that would come to my mind but then I am kinda stupid. I thought I could get a Playbook for a C note!!! lol

Have a good trip, Clovis.
    11-30-11 12:16 PM
    Herman Melville is rolling in his grave! I just typed the name of his book (Moby ****) and the name of a former President (**** Nixon) and I got Crackberry censored!
    11-30-11 12:18 PM
    My tracking number ends in 42680 and begins with 4209.

It smells bad to me!

I used my sears charge card and I am prepared to dispute the charges.
    My tracking number begans with 4201 6740

And tracking number ends with 072939
    11-30-11 12:54 PM
    just got this email from sears.

Dear Valued Customer:

We want you to know that, unfortunately, incorrect pricing information on some electronic products was mistakenly posted on the Marketplace portion of the website. If you purchased Playbook Blackberry Playbook 7-Inch Tablet (16GB), PlayStation 3 System, Gears of War 3 Limited Edition Xbox 360 Console, PS3 PlayStation 3 Dualshock 3 Wireless Controller � Red or Nokia N810 Portable Personal Communicator your order has been cancelled and your account will be credited.

We want you to know we value you as a customer and appreciate your business, and will be providing you with a $10.00 Sears Gift Card, which can be used on Sears.com or Kmart.com websites, or in any Sears or Kmart store. The gift card will arrive in the mail within 7-10 business days.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Sincerely,

Sears Customer Care
    11-30-11 06:25 PM
    Even though im not getting a playbook at least i feel relieved im getting reimbursted.
    11-30-11 06:27 PM
    I received the same cancellation email.

Anybody know if we have any recourse available to us to hold Sears to the advertised price? I received both a confirmation email and a subsequent email stating that my item had shipped. Also my credit card was actually charged for the purchase.

A quick onliine search seems to suggest the law on this is unsettled but take a look at this Shoppers enraged over incorrect Sears advertisement for $69 iPad Sears was selling iPads for $69 this past July. Anyone know anything about this?

The advertised price for the 16GB Playbook was $72.99 which, while low, isn't unbelievably low as might be said if the advertised price were $7.29 for example.

Any legal eagles out there share some friendly advice with us about this issue?

Thanks
    11-30-11 07:34 PM
    if it sounds to good to be true..... It probably is!
    11-30-11 07:40 PM
    It was a BAD upload to the DB as I thought. Someone got their tables messed up....glad to see no one is getting scammed.
    11-30-11 07:40 PM
    My wife got the same cancellation email for her two Playbook orders to Florida.

What's weird is I haven't received my cancellation email. I had two playbooks goin up to Maryland for my brother and brother in law.

My Playbook shipping info says its in Penn and for delivery to Maryland tomorrow while my wife order never left north Carolina.

Update. I called my other friend in Florida and she has same order number as me and got a cancellation email as my wife but it says her tracking number is the same as mine and also in Penn even though her order was canceled.
    11-30-11 07:50 PM
    I got it, too -- and I know it doesn't matter, but I'm wondering just how they got the shipped items back from the USPS! LOL!
    11-30-11 08:18 PM
    What Sears is NOT saying is that THEY have been scammed, but are insuring everyone who ordered from that cretin doesn't get burned. The last thing Sears needs is to have it known that 3rd party sellers that sell under the Sears umbrella are scam artists (which apparently in this case is), and then have it go viral on the double u, double u, double u.
    11-30-11 08:21 PM
184 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD