My tracking number ends with 9042680

And it's 30 digits long!

But I don't think there's going to be any major problems -- if a Playbook doesn't show up here, Sears claims they will take care of it.
    11-30-11 08:42 AM
    The last 4 of my tracking number are "2680". Hope this helps.

Again, anyone involved in this can BBM me 2376018F
    11-30-11 08:43 AM
    THAT doesn't look good -- did they use the same tracking number on ALL of them???

And, just for a little more info, my tracking number starts with 420921. In case the USPS changes the first digits rather than the last...
    11-30-11 08:48 AM
    Clovis BINGO!! We have a match!!!! Thats the last seven of mine too.

Sounds like you have already spoken to Sears on this. I am tempted to call them myself just based on what appear to be duplicate tracking numbers. My number was 30 digits long too. In fact, the heck with it, here is the whole thing since it appears likely to be bogus at this point : 420921079101010521297279042680
    11-30-11 08:52 AM
    No, I haven't talked to Sears, I was going by info earlier in this thread.
    11-30-11 08:53 AM
    I'm not sure I'd call Sears just yet, with a delivery date of 2 December it just might be better to wait and see what shows up.
    11-30-11 08:55 AM
    I am going to call them right now and make them aware of what we know so far.
    11-30-11 08:57 AM
    The CSR will politely listen and then take the next call.
    11-30-11 08:58 AM
    My tracking number ends in 42680 and begins with 4209.

It smells bad to me!

I used my sears charge card and I am prepared to dispute the charges.
    11-30-11 09:00 AM
    @ kpmel

I have the SAME TRACKING NUMBER!!

This does not look good for those of us that bought this....
    11-30-11 09:07 AM
    I promise I will never say "I told you so."
    ....and I won't this time; ladies and gents, I'm afraid you have all been scammed, but take heart, you will never be held responsible for the credit card charges. Now, someone here did a search and found the supposed name/owner of the domain name, and I suggest making a consumer fraud complaint with the state of Texas, where I believe this buy- whatever site is or was located. This appears on its face a very sophisticated and short term scam which is attributable to the so-called fire sale of PB's at various internet and brick & mortar stores, where I'm sure in not just this forum, complaints of not being able to get one at bargain basement prices spawned this devious scam. If there is ever a time I want to be proven wrong, it is this one.
    11-30-11 09:18 AM
    I HIGHLY recommend we wait until the package delivers -- at this point, all we have is speculation. There won't be ANY fraud until the wrong item shows up somewhere, or NOTHING shows up to any of us. Delivery date is only two days away.

I looked up the address, and it appears it's pretty close to a truck stop. I could probably walk there from the truck stop I'm thinking of. Wouldn't THAT get his attention?
    11-30-11 09:21 AM
    the domain name is NOT owned by whomever listed the playbook. As someone said it was some guy on slickdeals who registered it after I posted the deal there. But my thread was deleted so you can no longer see it, since it was a third party seller and slickdeals policy is no third part sellers.
    11-30-11 09:25 AM
    OK Spoke to Sears Rep. Very nice woman named Linda, by the way.

Briefly:

She was sincerely shocked and interested to learn that at least one other person had the same tracking number ( that number is going up quickly apparently). She stated incorrect tracking numbers do happen from time to time.

She emailed the vendor (hahah) advising of above and requesting updated shipping info be sent to me.

She underscored that Sears stood fully behind this transaction and that I would either receive my merchandise or a full refund. She stated that the vendor did not have access to my credit card information and that only Sears had that info.

Advised the procedure called for me to wait 48 hrs for vendor to contact me. If no response I am to call Sears again to begin the next step towards resolving issue.

I asked but she recommended I not contact my credit card company since doing so could delay the transaction assuming the deal is legitimate reminding me that Sears stood fully behind this transaction and a refund would be forthcoming should the item not arrive.

So thats where we stand right now.

48 hours and watching others check in here to read this.

Stay tuned.....
    11-30-11 09:25 AM
    PS.. It appears the real potential victim of this scam is Sears! At worst we will be inconvenienced consumers.
    11-30-11 09:28 AM
    the domain name is NOT owned by whomever listed the playbook. As someone said it was some guy on slickdeals who registered it after I posted the deal there. But my thread was deleted so you can no longer see it, since it was a third party seller and slickdeals policy is no third part sellers.
    I'm not sure I understand this -- the ad on sears.com showed that the PB was sold by bonus-buy.com -- are you saying that domain wasn't registered until after the listing?
    11-30-11 09:29 AM
    I am genuinely sorry for making an OP of this. Even if it turns out positive, because this is nothing but stress for some people.

In the midst of last weeks stupid pricing by this asinine company called RIM, i figured anything was possible.

I AM SORRY.

And if it turns out you dont get your items, it doesnt mattef your payment method, you would be refunded anyhow, which in some way is consolation.

Im usually not this dumb and idiotic, (gullible), to mislead anyone intentionally, but like i said, given the dire straits of lamo RIM, it could have been possible.

And it was sears for heavens sake, more stupidity from them as well.
    11-30-11 09:32 AM
    Doesn't look like they're trying to hide yet -- Bonus-Buy.com store front at sears.com
    11-30-11 09:37 AM
    I'm not sure I understand this -- the ad on sears.com showed that the PB was sold by bonus-buy.com -- are you saying that domain wasn't registered until after the listing?
    correct he registered it as a joke
    11-30-11 09:38 AM
    I am genuinely sorry for making an OP of this. Even if it turns out positive, because this is nothing but stress for some people.

In the midst of last weeks stupid pricing by this asinine company called RIM, i figured anything was possible.

I AM SORRY.

And if it turns out you dont get your items, it doesnt mattef your payment method, you would be refunded anyhow, which in some way is consolation.

Im usually not this dumb and idiotic, (gullible), to mislead anyone intentionally, but like i said, given the dire straits of lamo RIM, it could have been possible.

And it was sears for heavens sake, more stupidity from them as well.
    Its ok I did the same thing to the users of slickdeals
    11-30-11 09:41 AM
    They have the iphone 5g...gotta be legit
    11-30-11 09:41 AM
    That really confuses things!
    11-30-11 09:42 AM
    Well I called and left a message the other day. Bonus-Buy never called me back (from their Google Voice number...).
    11-30-11 09:43 AM
    Mrs Gatz

I know I am anything but annoyed with you! I am very grateful for you pointing this deal out the forum!! It had Sears name on it! Surely was worth a look. I looked and I leaped!
    I hope you will share other items like this with us in the future should you come across them.

I took a gamble. Sort of stacked in my favor with Amex protections and Sears name behind it. I realized worst case I may end up with some clerical stress sorting this out but worth it if it turned out to be legit.

So thanks again and Happy Holidays to you!
    11-30-11 09:44 AM
    Doesn't look like they're trying to hide yet -- Bonus-Buy.com store front at sears.com
    Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

There is no such item in existance by apple. also look at the price increase.

read his broken english description.

im only posting this so someone can alarm sears to take action. and Apple, they will get him.
    11-30-11 09:47 AM
184 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD