Where can I create folders for the PB Pictures? Can it be done in Files and Folders or some other app?
    06-17-13 01:46 PM
    Yes, Files&Folders can create subfolders under the photos folder. I believe there are other options such as Ghost Commander (did not check but think it does it). Yo can also hook up to your computer usb/wifi and create subfolders, too.
    06-17-13 02:55 PM
    Ghost Commander is probably the perfect app for organizing your camera pics into folders. It is a dual pane file browser, so you can navigate to your Camera folder in one pane, then navigate to the location where you want to create folders (photos folder?) in the other pane.So, if you want to create sub-folders in your photos folder, navigate to there and then choose "MkDir" from the bottom toolbar. Repeat as necessary. Then, you can start moving pics out of the camera folder and into the sub-folders you created. Just navigate to a sub-folder in the right pane, the switch to the left pane (in the camera folder) and start multi-selecting pics you want to move. Then hit "move" from the bottom toolbar. Again, repeat as necessary with the other folders that you've created.

The advantage that Ghost has over other file browsers is its dual pane property, which means you don't have to constantly navigate back and forth between the "cut" and "paste" folders. You navigate once to the camera folder in one pane and never have to navigate away from it. Note also that you can customize the app's looks and functionality, including its toolbar, quite a bit in settings.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-17-13 03:16 PM
    I have to agree that Dual Pane (as opposed to owning two pb's which is dual PAIN) can be very handy when moving or copying stuff around.
    06-17-13 04:57 PM
    Thanks all. I definitely intend to down load it.
    06-21-13 12:50 AM
    Downloaded Ghost Commander. Now I wish there are better instructions on using the app. Does GC have a downloadable manual like Files and Folders?

Really I am more interested in creating subfolders than just copying/moving files to a folder
    06-21-13 11:34 PM
    There is a bit of a learning curve with Ghost. but it's not too complicated. To make a sub-folder, first just navigate to the folder where you want to put the sub-folder, then tap "7 Mk Dir" on the bottom toolbar (note that the bottom toolbar can be scrolled left and right, depending where you are navigation wise). A dialogue will pop up asking you to give the folder a name- name it, then tap OK. Your subfolder will be created. You can then move files into this folder using the toolbar's "Move" command. Just select the file(s) to be moved and then hit Move. The move command moves files selected from one pane into the folder showing in the other pane.Note that tapping on a file can do two things- tapping to the left on the file will open the file, or give you an option to do so. Tapping to the right (where the file's date is) will select the file for action from the toolbar- Move, Copy, Delete, Rename, etc. You can tap to the right to multiselect files if you want- the files selected will be highlighted, and you then use the commands on the toolbar to act on the selected, highlighted files.

Also, as I noted previously, you can go into settings (swipe down from the top- choose Application, then settings) to make the app a bit more user friendly. So, you can change the size of text, photo thumbnail size, and also to customize the toolbar.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-22-13 01:24 AM
    Thanks pacoman03. I'll try it.
    06-22-13 03:49 PM