Latest OS update has given me a new kind of partial crash--system buttons at top right of screen no longer work, and have to do a reboot. Main issue since OS2 remains "hanging" on boot--pretty swirling blobs forever, or until I try again. New update hasn't cured it. I may try another security wipe and reinstall--did this after first OS2 but did not help. This time I will not restore apps but will reinstall them one by one.
    04-25-12 04:58 PM
    I swear there are 2 different playbooks with different hardware. Old OS was better, new OS is better. Used to crash no longer does, never crashed and now does.
    alnamvet68, hpjrt and llllBULLSEYE like this.
    04-25-12 05:03 PM
    I swear there are 2 different playbooks with different hardware. Old OS was better, new OS is better. Used to crash no longer does, never crashed and now does.
    You would almost think that. My PB was better before any version of OS2. The final edition of OS1 just worked. Now it just works...sometimes. I hope the next update stabilizes things somewhat.
    04-25-12 09:51 PM
    *Update*

Fixed my PlayBook!!!

I got REALLY frustrated with it today at work, shut it down and tossed it into my work bag. While I steamed about how big of a piece of crap it has been acting like since the update I decided it was getting 'debricked' tonight.

So I got home, bypassed even doing a back up and started the process. Went without incident, no DM hiccups, nothing. So far so good. My PB rebooted and I re-installed all my apps. Did a few re-boots and started playing with it.

I now see what all the excitement has been about. Its fast, responsive and there have been no hang ups or crashes. I'm currently streaming HD video on YouTube. 20 minutes in on a 45 minute video at 720p (max res for this vid) and it hasn't stopped to buffer once!!

Wish it would have done this post update without all the frustration.
    04-26-12 08:01 PM
    its been smooth sailing since the update.
    04-26-12 08:45 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD