Incredibly web crash's after the 2.0.1 update any one else???, Specially Youtube on web.
    04-25-12 10:42 AM
    Incredibly web crash's after the 2.0.1 update any one else???, Specially Youtube on web.
    Nope, works like a charm
    04-25-12 10:51 AM
    REBOOT<REBOOT<REBOOT, have tried rebooting the PB.
    04-25-12 10:52 AM
    not one problem here either
    make sure you restart your playbook after the update
    04-25-12 10:54 AM
    I just noted in another thread that I haven't had a single browser crash since the update ... but I'm not sure I've visited Youtube since then. I will do that when I get home as the office wifi isn't painfully slow.

Sorry that you're having the problems OP!
    shanethebuilder likes this.
    04-25-12 11:12 AM
    No problem loading youtube website, can even streaming 1080p properly on my bridged network.
    Willard814 likes this.
    04-25-12 11:12 AM
    I had a couple of crashes after watching quite a few videos. I also had Apps crashing. I think it was just running out of memory. I also had somwhere around 9 tabs open.

so far much less than before. only after heavy browser use watching movies.
    04-25-12 11:21 AM
    I had a couple of crashes after watching quite a few videos. I also had Apps crashing. I think it was just running out of memory. I also had somwhere around 9 tabs open.

so far much less than before. only after heavy browser use watching movies.
    That's been my experience also. After a couple of restarts, things have been much better except for the issue of memory exhaustion, of course.
    04-25-12 11:25 AM
    yes it crashes also after rebooting several times , also wanna mention that it close the web browser if like i open other application or game or mail when i go back to the screen i found it closed the web browser, just wanna know why this happen to me i thought that the update mentioned it solved the crash problem.
    04-25-12 11:36 AM
    I think it fixed the probelem that was causing websites to crash the browser. the running out of memory is another issue.

under normal load I have not had a crash. under heavy load watching videos, and haveing MULTIPLE tabs open I have seen a crash, but not just the browser, it woudl stay open and other apps would close, or if I went to another app the borwser would close. I think fixing the browser issue exposed another one
    04-25-12 11:40 AM
    I have never had a browser crash in any OS version on my PB.
    04-25-12 11:42 AM
    NO PROBLEMS here either, I haven't had not one crash since the update (2.0.1.358). Did you do a HARD RESET ( 3 top buttons all at once for 15 sec)
    Willard814 likes this.
    04-25-12 11:44 AM
    Done soft & hard still crash's
    04-25-12 11:48 AM
    Need to remember you actually only have from 4 -500 meg of usuable memeory... So yes it multitaks but you need to realize it is finate..... And the more you use the at some point it will become unstable....
    kbz1960 and JELLOMAN99 like this.
    04-25-12 11:54 AM
    yes it crashes also after rebooting several times , also wanna mention that it close the web browser if like i open other application or game or mail when i go back to the screen i found it closed the web browser, just wanna know why this happen to me i thought that the update mentioned it solved the crash problem.
    You're not alone. Since the update my browser too has become almost unusable. It crashes and hangs constantly even after a fresh reboot or hard reset and the browser is the only thing running.

It's gotten so bad that my iPad 2 is getting a lot more use, which is not what I was hoping for after the update.

And for me YouTube vids both embedded in sites or on the YouTube site directly are pretty much unwatchable. I really hope the next 'update'fixes all of this.
    04-25-12 12:09 PM
    The browser will automatically close sometimes. Bridge mine is not as fast as tethering
    04-25-12 12:11 PM
    Need to remember you actually only have from 4 -500 meg of usuable memeory... So yes it multitaks but you need to realize it is finate..... And the more you use the at some point it will become unstable....
    Right, there is a finite amount of RAM, and no swap file.

This is why the architects at Palm, Microsoft, Apple, and Android ALL decided not to provide desktop style multitasking and instead allow "background" apps to skinny down as needed, so this whole issue becomes less apparent to the users who typically won't understand why this is happening.

RIM needs to figure this out. I assume it wasn't an issue in their car navigation systems, because those run a fixed known number of processes. Phones are a whole different ballgame. I think/hope they'll have a less naive way to manage this by the time BB10 ships.
    Last edited by app_Developer; 04-25-12 at 01:22 PM.
    04-25-12 12:45 PM
    I'm assuming you're living in Egypt, and given the current political climate, it's a known fact the government has been throttling internet access, restricting same, and temporary complete shutdowns preventing access in and out of Egypt. Have you given that thought as a posiibility?
    Willard814 likes this.
    04-25-12 01:16 PM
    I'm assuming you're living in Egypt, and given the current political climate, it's a known fact the government has been throttling internet access, restricting same, and temporary complete shutdowns preventing access in and out of Egypt. Have you given that thought as a posiibility?
    I live right down the street from RIM and have been experiencing very similar issues.
    04-25-12 02:03 PM
    A slow or non-existent internet connection would not cause applications and browsers to crash. You would just receive an error that you aren't connected to the internet, not take down the entire browser app.
    04-25-12 02:11 PM
    Okay ... I tried youtube when I got home and searched for videos. I watched 3 unrelated videos and the browser was fine. Don't know what to tell you OP.
    Willard814 likes this.
    04-25-12 03:41 PM
    I've also started experiencing browser crashes since the 2.01 update....no such issue for me prior to that.
    04-25-12 04:17 PM
    I see less crashes since the update, but still a few per day, YouTube videos play fine though. But once I run out of memory its reboot time as nothing opens. Bizarre that so many people have different experiences on the same device running the same os version.
    04-25-12 04:41 PM
    Egypt Cairo, Nothing restricted here, its not an internet issue, it's a hardware technology problem.
    04-25-12 04:42 PM
    I would do a security wipe and reinstall the new OS. I haven't had any problems at all!
    04-25-12 04:56 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD