I just traded for a broken playbook. Initially I was planning to swap the insides of the 64gb I traded for with my 16gb, but after getting it, I see it works just fine.

It has a spider web crack, but the lcd and the touchscreen work fine. Does anyone know what part I need to replace to fix this?

Cheers,
    Rob
    08-16-12 05:16 PM
    The part you need to replace is the digitizer. See if you can find one with frame attached to avoid the adhesive bonding the digitizer and frame.
    project_x likes this.
    08-16-12 05:20 PM
    The part you need to replace is the digitizer. See if you can find one with frame attached to avoid the adhesive bonding the digitizer and frame.
    The cost of this^ part may be approximate to what you can spend to get a shell of another PlayBook.(digitizers without frames, on ebay start at about 28$ and up)

I found a seller with many complete shells that are only missing the motherboard. You can swap the board out of the cracked PB and put it in the shell.

Search ebay for, "Lot of 16 BlackBerry PlayBook Tablets with NO Motherboards".
    Email the seller and ask about purchasing an individual shell. You may have to "shell" out about 40$.(a lot less labor to swap out motherboards, than to replace a digitizer)
    Last edited by Five50What; 08-19-12 at 12:52 PM.
    08-19-12 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD