With CB's recent series on programming limited to BB10 devices only, is this a signal that even CB aren't holding out much hope for the PB ??

Add to this that there never seems to be any questioning about the PB when members of the CB staff interview BBRY employees lead me to think the above.

What are your own thoughts an opinions ??
    sad_old_man and mpetrol like this.
    05-05-13 07:42 AM
    With CB's recent series on programming limited to BB10 devices only, is this a signal that even CB aren't holding out much hope for the PB ??

Add to this that there never seems to be any questioning about the PB when members of the CB staff interview BBRY employees lead me to think the above.

Is this a guessing game or can anyone join in? Pass?
    05-05-13 07:48 AM
    I'm not sure of the overall consensus, but, I'd hoping if BlackBerry release another tablet type device they really 'match\better' the competition. I know some hardcore BlackBerry users that have simply stopped using their PlayBook since the release of the Z10...
    Mpenny likes this.
    05-05-13 08:09 AM
    When BB10 comes out for the PB there will be a lot of articles on CB about it (pretty sure of that). Right now the big thing are the new phones and BB10. When Z10 was released everything was about it, now everything is about the Q10. Sites, rightfully so, tend to talk about the newest stuff.

As for asking about PB's BB10, it would be nice if they did, but just like us, they know that it will be out. Other than asking for a set date (which they wouldn't get), or what tweaks there will be (which they also probably wouldn't get) there isn't much more they need to know. It has been confirmed multiple times (as recently as last month) that the PB will get the BB10 OS and the BB10 OS isn't a surprise OS anymore.
    05-05-13 08:25 AM
    The Z10 actually makes the PlayBook obsolete. At least until there is a proper blackberry bridge function that allows the phone to be paired to the PlayBook. Until then, I would imagine that Z10 owners just use the PlayBook as a newer paperweight.

Posted via CB10
    Zildjian71 likes this.
    05-05-13 08:29 AM

These are along the same thoughts as mine. I've noticed the reduced coverage for some time. I'll be interested in any response.
    I like my Z10 a lot. But there are still things I prefer to do on my PB. The larger screen makes for easier to read pages and typing for instance. Posting this on my PB in fact.

Even though there has been indication 10.1 is supposed to be coming to the PB I'm not going to hold my breath. As I see it, the longer it takes to come out the easier it is make the decision not to upgrade "old hardware". The "by the end of the year" claim makes one of my PB's almost 3 years old. Hope I'm wrong but at this point I'm just enjoying the PB for what it can do now.
    05-05-13 08:42 AM
    I know some hardcore BlackBerry users that have simply stopped using their PlayBook since the release of the Z10...
    If they stop using their PlayBook, which whether we like it or not is still BlackBerry's product, they are not really "hardcore" BlackBerry users...

(Whispering: the real "hardcore" are those waiting patiently... or impatiently...)

Posted via Z10
    05-05-13 09:18 AM
    I'm not sure of the overall consensus, but, I'd hoping if BlackBerry release another tablet type device they really 'match\better' the competition. I know some hardcore BlackBerry users that have simply stopped using their PlayBook since the release of the Z10...
    Yes and I know some truly hardcore users who have not stop using it.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    05-05-13 09:36 AM

simply put, there just isn't any "news" about the playbook anymore, other than the occasional game release,,, NOW, as far as interviews go, they're not much more than softball ridden, droolfests,,, they have access right now, & aren't going to jeopardize that,,, "here" no evil...
    05-05-13 10:03 AM
    I'd like somebody at CB to ask if the rim/bbry/bt/keyboard is dead, dead, DEAD.

And make rim/bbry squirm a bit with more questions about what will ultimately become of BRIDGE? Will they restore missing functions? All, some, none? Do they realize that they crippled one of the most unique features of any tablet? Again, playing some of this stuff close to the vest does not help customers plan for purchases. "Oh, let's just leave it vague - the suckers will still come on board!"
    05-05-13 10:11 AM
    I'd like somebody at CB to ask if the rim/bbry/bt/keyboard is dead, dead, DEAD.

And make rim/bbry squirm a bit with more questions about what will ultimately become of BRIDGE? Will they restore missing functions? All, some, none? Do they realize that they crippled one of the most unique features of any tablet? Again, playing some of this stuff close to the vest does not help customers plan for purchases. "Oh, let's just leave it vague - the suckers will still come on board!"
    are you looking for the mini keyboard F2??? if so, go here--->>> Wireless Keyboard Qwerty: Amazon.ca: Electronics ,,, $70, free shipping,,, you'll have it in a week,,, just got one from this guy a week ago,,, solid seller,, brand new merch,,, pics & more info here--->>> http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...xtinct-774976/
    05-05-13 10:51 AM
    are you looking for the mini keyboard F2??? if so, go here--->>> Wireless Keyboard Qwerty: Amazon.ca: Electronics ,,, $70, free shipping,,, you'll have it in a week,,, just got one from this guy a week ago,,, solid seller,, brand new merch,,, pics & more info here--->>> http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...xtinct-774976/
    No, I'm not. I just want to know the official status of the keyboard. But thanks for the info.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    05-05-13 10:59 AM
    My take and short answer is yes. As has BB. Obsolete? Not for me. Don't mind all the BB10 hype and expect that. Like most stuff people will quit talking about it once it is getting older and appears to be a lack of interest and support. I've read all the back and forth on the bridge issues, which I use daily, and also whether the PB gets 10 or not, we'll, let's just say I'm not holding my breath.
    05-05-13 11:20 AM
    I don't believe they will update the PlayBook to BlackBerry10. Remember when BlackBerry dev would tweet things like "yes PlayBook will get BlackBerry10 " and "There will be a developer beta before the launch " and "not long after the BlackBerry10 handsets are launched " and "its ahead of schedule "

They won't answer anything about BlackBerry10 and PlayBook now. It's way too quite. I don't think they will mention anything about it at BlackBerry live either. The star of that show will be the 8 - gig $400 non removable battery curve device that they somehow managed to make uglier than any previous curve from os 4 - os 7

I want BlackBerry to succeed but my faith in the company is starting to fizzle. This is not a troll post but rather my personal opinion. I too would appreciate if CrackBerry would do some digging for the forum members but that might not go over well and could hurt the relationship between BlackBerry and CrackBerry so I can understand why they leave some things alone.

Here's to hoping I see something exciting at BlackBerry live. I love how os7 and the PlayBook worked together and I viewed bridge as a strength for Blackberry. I envisioned BlackBerry10 phones running bridge on steroids along with new tablets from BlackBerry. It seems that the company wants to go a different direction now though.

I was looking back at some threads today as someone in this forum told me I was exaggerating about how long BlackBerry10 for PlayBook has been showing up on Html5test.com (I said 6-9 months) turns out he was right because it's actually closer to a year now lol.

There are no excuses now, the Z10 and Q10 have launched and we know that they have many apps such as BBM and Navigator running internally on the PlayBook so it's time to drop something for the Playbook. Whether it's BlackBerry10, a stripped down version or just a better file manager, browser, app compatibility etc they need to get it out. 2.2 2.5 or 3.0 something. Frank Bolboun told BGR over a year ago that the Playbook would get BBM.

Michael Clewley use to tweet about the PlayBook all the time but he will not answer any questions about it either. I think the writing is on the wall...The PlayBook's likely won't see a BlackBerry10 update anytime soon and probably never imo. It's just all so quite...way to quite.

So my suggestion is, enjoy it for what it does and take care of it as some day it might be a cool collectors piece as the only tablet ever produced by BlackBerry

Thanks for letting me rant, I feel......exactly the same as I did before the rant....Just fine
    05-05-13 06:51 PM
    My personal opinion is that BB10 is not as scaleable as BBRY would like us to believe and in light of the ceo's recent comments I think they are'nt really botthered about releasing it either - which is fair enough if thats the direction the company has decided to go.

However, they need to tell everyone what they are doing with the playbook. Unnoficial tweets and 'soon' are just unprofessional. It would be interesting to know how much revenue they have rec'd from the PB app store whilst they've been promising BB10 for the PB and if this is a reason for not officially killing it off.

I'd like to see the CB team asking some hard questions of BBRY regarding the PB, if only to show that they are independent of BBRY and not the unnoficial PR department.

None of this will stop me using my PB daily, but it has stopped me upgrading to a new BBRY phone.
    05-06-13 03:16 AM
    I agree with BB-More, I think the Playbook will continue as is without any future updates. The device was a huge failure for the company financially (plus it's an "old" device now in the tech world). it's something they've moved on from. I've always seen the potential BB10 update as fan service to those who stuck with the device and to potentially get more people to try the phones.
    05-06-13 03:51 AM
    I still have some small hope, otherwise I would have already bought iPad mini. But I am still waiting, because I think BB10 and especially browser would rock on PB. Am I too naive?
    05-06-13 07:19 AM
    I am still hoping too..when i got my z10 my pb sat for a week..now I'm back to carrying it everywhere and even use it as my Bible in church. Cant beat the larger screen and portability..some things are just better on a bigger screen. But my pb is starting to get glitchy so i hope RIM is working on that update for it.
    05-06-13 07:30 AM
    I agree the crippled one of the most unique features Bridge guess thats blackberry way of even more *** kissing to service providers very sad
    05-06-13 07:57 AM
    My personal opinion is that BB10 is not as scaleable as BBRY would like us to believe and in light of the ceo's recent comments I think they are'nt really botthered about releasing it either - which is fair enough if thats the direction the company has decided to go.

However, they need to tell everyone what they are doing with the playbook. Unofficial tweets and 'soon' are just unprofessional. It would be interesting to know how much revenue they have rec'd from the PB app store whilst they've been promising BB10 for the PB and if this is a reason for not officially killing it off.

I'd like to see the CB team asking some hard questions of BBRY regarding the PB, if only to show that they are independent of BBRY and not the unnoficial PR department.

None of this will stop me using my PB daily, but it has stopped me upgrading to a new BBRY phone.
    I fully agree with that. It's almost like the family car trip as the parents reply to the kids: "When will we get there?" "Soon." It is not very professional even if they have been busy with getting the phones out.
    05-06-13 09:11 AM
    I agree too. Any improvements or upgrades to the hardware will be a long time coming, if at all. I still use my Playbook every day, but am disappointed as well with the loss of Bridge with the Z10. As Thor was quoted as saying, "there is NO potential future for the tablet market" also leads me to think that my PB will be BlackBerry's only tablet device, that btw I still really enjoy using.
    05-06-13 11:54 PM
    RIM is still as indecisive as ever. I guess they didn't bother reading that open letter from the start of 2012, when Heins became CEO. Whatever happened to listening to consumers and developers and communicating promptly?

If they want to terminate the Playbook, they should come out and say it. If they want to keep trying with BB10 for PB, they should also make it public. Right now, the lack of communication makes existing PB users wary about trusting Blackberry on existing or future products. That's not acceptable when these devices are supposed to be essential tools for work.
    05-07-13 10:25 AM
    if they put bb10 on my playbook I'll be selling it,
    05-07-13 10:47 AM
    Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 12:05 PM
    The Z10 actually makes the PlayBook obsolete. At least until there is a proper blackberry bridge function that allows the phone to be paired to the PlayBook. Until then, I would imagine that Z10 owners just use the PlayBook as a newer paperweight.

Posted via CB10
    I consider myself to be one of the hardcore bb users and I can sincerely say my z10 does not measure up to my pb. The pb seems to be a more premium device compared to my z10. Browsing the net is far more pleasurable. And paradoxically it has increased the battery life of my mobile since I use it only to make calls.
    uncle_numpty and FF22 like this.
    05-09-13 10:23 AM
27 12