Hi all,

Been a blackberry fan for a few years now, recently bought myself a playbook to complete my gadget lineup.

Loving it so far, despite allllll the negative reviews and comments about it, it certainly does what I demand of it.

Currently bridged to my Q10 and working perfectly,sending texts, bbms emails and accessing my photos,music etc stored on my phone.

Merry Christmas!

Crackberry Noob-wp_20131223_005.jpg
    12-24-13 08:37 AM
    It's the bridge that makes the thing!

If it wasn't for the free hotspot on my T-Mobile phone that I use for my iPad I would REALLY miss my dusty old PB!
    12-24-13 08:42 AM
    Welcome to the Forums. Glad you're enjoying your deices. I still use my PB bridged to my Z10 daily.
    GusBandicoot likes this.
    12-24-13 08:44 AM
    Hi and congrats on your first post and new PlayBook! Really digging the matching colors

Posted via CB10
    GusBandicoot likes this.
    12-24-13 08:45 AM
    Athankya....

One thing with bridge, when you access photos from your phone there's no 'preview' just the file name which is a little disappointing, just means I need to find what it's called on my phone to make sure I chose the right one
    12-24-13 08:56 AM
    Welcome to the forums!

Wish I could do that, but my Z10 (for whatever reason) was not given the same leather case as the Q10 and the PlayBook. Grrr

Posted via CB10
    GusBandicoot and Lendo like this.
    12-24-13 10:27 AM
    Oh I had to buy the case separate, but opted for the 'pocket' style like we got free with the 9900
    12-24-13 02:48 PM
    Oh I had to buy the case separate, but opted for the 'pocket' style like we got free with the 9900
    So had I, pal. So had I...
    12-24-13 10:31 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry and awesome combo!
    Great minds think alike I guess.

Posted via CB10
    GusBandicoot likes this.
    12-25-13 07:54 AM
    Rather than starting a new thread... I have some questions!!

Firstly, I can't seem to 'save as' or 'save' anything? I've read that if I swipe down on say, a photo, It should give me options? Well... it doesn't. And I've tried on all 4 sides turning it round and round...

Also, I can't seem to 'share' anything directly from the playbook like you can on bb10, so if I select a photo in my album there's no way to 'share' this on any social media or email?

Any help would be Laaaaarvely!!!

Oh.. got me a dock! 10 new from amazon!!

Crackberry Noob-img_00000854.jpg
    12-28-13 01:49 PM
    Rather than starting a new thread... I have some questions!!

Firstly, I can't seem to 'save as' or 'save' anything? I've read that if I swipe down on say, a photo, It should give me options? Well... it doesn't. And I've tried on all 4 sides turning it round and round...

Also, I can't seem to 'share' anything directly from the playbook like you can on bb10, so if I select a photo in my album there's no way to 'share' this on any social media or email?

Any help would be Laaaaarvely!!!

Oh.. got me a dock! 10 new from amazon!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000854.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	167.3 KB 
ID:	234097
    Go to the help icon. Read the part on email messages. You can attach a photo using the paper clip but you select the photo after writing the email.

To save an email image you press and hold until your options come up. Should work other places also.

Some apps such as Read it Later (pocket) may have share options.

For managing Files the native app Files and Folders is good but suggest you also load Ghost Commander and Advanced App Manager both available free in BB World.
    12-28-13 03:22 PM
    Oh yeah I knew you can attach files to an email just not through universal 'share' function

Anyone have ideas why I can't save? Holding doesn't work either....:-(
    12-28-13 04:13 PM
    Oh yeah I knew you can attach files to an email just not through universal 'share' function

Anyone have ideas why I can't save? Holding doesn't work either....:-(
    If you are operating the Playbook bridged to your phone that may be the reason. Since I don't have a phone my comments apply to a wifi connected PB.

I do note that Files and Folders has a Bridge option. Perhaps some one will explain if this would help with your file management problem. There is a free three day trial after which it costs $2.99 in US.

Don't quite understand what a universal share function is. Is it o the phone?
    12-28-13 04:46 PM
    Install Ghost Commander, free in app world, as noted above. In Ghost, navigate to the photo you want to "share". Press and hold on the photo here, and choose "Send to " from the pop up menu. You'll get a list of available apps to send the photo to, including the native Messages (email) app, plus any android ports that you've installed on your PB that it can be sent to. This would include Facebook, if you've sideloaded the android Facebook app, various cloud apps, and others..
    GusBandicoot likes this.
    12-28-13 09:23 PM
    I'll give ghost a go, plus attempt to sideload the android fb version as our one is rubbish compared to most recent versions...

Still no ideas on why I can't save things?
    12-29-13 02:30 AM