Accessing the crackberry site from the iPad2 this morning felt like looking at a junior school textbook, what a piece of junk hardware. I wonder how people can put up with the fake browser. I'm going back to my notebook or PB where it's real.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ericlc2 and therapyreject174 like this.
    07-27-11 09:47 AM
    Yup piece of junk hardware lol. I prefer the Playbook with the small form factor but the Playbook still isn't considered on the same playing field as the iPad 2 yet. Still a ways to go.

07-27-11 10:02 AM
    Dude you're trolling or looking for flame bait with that one.
    It looks no different than the desktop. Loads up pretty quick also.

Do I need to do it from Android also?
    Last edited by Daps; 07-27-11 at 10:36 AM.
    07-27-11 10:11 AM
    Personally, I'd probably prefer Crackberry.com on iPad so I can avoid the excessive amount of Flash advertising. That's the one thing I dislike about Crackberry.com, so many ads... but that's off-topic now.

And no, I don't want to disable Flash just for every time I go on Crackberry.com
    kevinnugent likes this.
    07-27-11 10:14 AM
    Let's not get too aggressive against the ipad2, lol. It attracts the wrong kind of attention. I love my Playbook's browser as its smooth, shows the entire web-page I'm familiar with and its awesome high-res screen. I can't say much for speed as I haven't compared them myself but I don't think there is a big difference to start a war about haha.

We know the ipad2 does not support Flash and stuff. The playbook does. I like this about the Playbook.

The ipad has a good, smooth and quick browser from what I can see with pinch and zoom and everything. Although limited in its ability, lets hope RIM works on making their browser the best it can be.
    Kerms and kbz1960 like this.
    I know it sometimes displays funny on my phone, but it by no means unuseable. the iPad will always win the what tablet war, its famous for its iconicness not weather its the best. thats personal opinion.
    I'm more interested in this claim that there's beef in the Big Mac. I always thought it was mealworms and seasoning, like those cheap tacos at Taco Bell.
    07-27-11 10:22 AM
    lets try mozilla or opera browser from both ipad and playbook, see how they goes.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk
    07-27-11 10:23 AM
    Funny.. I have no issues with CB on the iPad 2, PB or XOOM. All seem to load fine.

Keep this thread on track and don't let it start into a bash fast, it's basically begging for it anyway.
    simsim, chiefbroski and Kerms like this.
    07-27-11 10:31 AM
    I'm more interested in this claim that there's beef in the Big Mac. I always thought it was mealworms and seasoning, like those cheap tacos at Taco Bell.
    Hey man now you're gone to far Taco Bell has real meat. They even say so on TV

I rather make my own tacos than go to Taco Bell and buy a taco with nothing but lettuce and two strips of cheese
    07-27-11 10:36 AM
    Accessing the crackberry site from the iPad2 this morning felt like looking at a junior school textbook, what a piece of junk hardware. I wonder how people can put up with the fake browser. I'm going back to my notebook or PB where it's real.

Nah, let's not over-egg the pudding. From my short experience with it recently, the ithingy has a great browser, helped by it's big screen. Browsing on that thing is sensational.

...except when you come to a flash site. On Crackberry, I would agree with some of the posters above, that it is a bonus not having flash! But on a lot of the sites I visit it comes as a surprise and annoyance that you can't access the stuff directly on the browser but have to launch a separate App!

Damn annoying!

PB definitely wins in pure practicality, useability and mobility.
    kbz1960 and chiefbroski like this.
    07-27-11 10:43 AM

Maybe you could give a few details as to what about the iPad experience on Crackberry it is you don't like? I'm on my iPad right now and the site looks just fine, as it does on my laptop and my PB when I had it.
    07-27-11 10:47 AM

I enjoy browsing on my iPad 2 as much as I do my PlayBook. The PlayBook is way more conducive for browsing in bed and on the go. I love the iPad 2 when I'm lounging around the house, though. I think my MacBook Pro is a wee bit jealous.

I wish I had an android tablet for the full browsing comparison...anyone care to fund said experience? I'll be your best friend.
    07-27-11 10:49 AM
    Funny.. I have no issues with CB on the iPad 2, PB or XOOM. All seem to load fine.

Keep this thread on track and don't let it start into a bash fast, it's basically begging for it anyway.
    Whoa, whoa....the mods must have done something right!! We ACTUALLY have a majority of reasonable thoughts on a provocative thread with "ipad2" in the title on Crackberry!

Thank you mods!! Spectacular work!
    07-27-11 10:52 AM
    My dell streak 5 can go anywhere, any site be it flash gordon or not.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk
    07-27-11 10:55 AM
    Well great, now I am hungry for tacos.

We already beat the topic to death in another thread, culminating yesterday with videos showing loading crackberry. I'll sum it up by saying there was no difference in the content or appearance. No need to rehash the discussion or beat it to death again.
    07-27-11 11:02 AM
    But that was the OP's point, wasn't it? To get people worked up.
    07-27-11 11:54 AM
    But that was the OP's point, wasn't it? To get people worked up.
    Seems like it. I just want tacos now.
    07-27-11 01:05 PM
    Mmm... tacos. Had those the Monday night. There's nothing quite like fresh shredded cheese.
    07-27-11 01:06 PM
    WOW, nice articulate post.

This website loads faster on an iPad 2 than it does on your PB. That's a fact.

Try tapping on the <1234> in a forum post without zooming in on the PB, and let me know your results... (I'm being rhetorical, I know you won't have any problems, touching one of the page links on the forum) Or better yet, try reading this website in portrait mode, and let me know how nice the fonts are scaled. Ya, they look a bit fuzzy...

To each their own...
    Last edited by calaviqpfza4; 07-27-11 at 01:17 PM. Reason: spelling...
    07-27-11 01:14 PM
    Personally, I'd probably prefer Crackberry.com on iPad so I can avoid the excessive amount of Flash advertising. That's the one thing I dislike about Crackberry.com, so many ads... but that's off-topic now.

And no, I don't want to disable Flash just for every time I go on Crackberry.com
    Yeah but be honest aren't you just a little curious about what might be in that box that you might be missing out on? It would drive me crazy...lol
    07-27-11 01:21 PM
    Yeah but be honest aren't you just a little curious about what might be in that box that you might be missing out on? It would drive me crazy...lol
    No site is going to waste ad space. Believe me, if you don't have flash, they still find a way to get an ad in your face. This site looks pretty much the same -- ads and all -- whether running flash or not.

I have to laugh when someone says iOS is good because it blocks all the ads. Yeah, it blocks the flash ones. They are replaced by something else just as annoying. The only real benefit is that it doesn't hammer the CPU like flash.
    07-27-11 01:24 PM
    No site is going to waste ad space. Believe me, if you don't have flash, they still find a way to get an ad in your face. This site looks pretty much the same -- ads and all -- whether running flash or not.

I have to laugh when someone says iOS is good because it blocks all the ads. Yeah, it blocks the flash ones. They are replaced by something else just as annoying. The only real benefit is that it doesn't hammer the CPU like flash.
    I've noticed this also. They tend to be gif animated files also used that are just as annoying.
    07-27-11 01:40 PM

Seriously would you post some playbook screenshots that show its better than an iPad? And by the way over 60 million people seem to like the iPad and iPad 2 just fine.
    07-27-11 07:44 PM
    Oh yea? Well, CrackBerry.com on my playbook is like fast food in the Caribbean!
    07-27-11 08:43 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD