View Poll Results: Why are you here?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love my playbook only and am here exclusively to share tips/info/joy with other users.

73 71.57%
  • Love playbook, spend time in other device forums making sure they don't enjoy theirs!

2 1.96%
  • I am here because I love tech gadgets and playbook is one of them - no preference, whatever rocks!

30 29.41%
  • I am here because RIM/Playbook sucks and want to make sure everyone knows! (vindictive)

1 0.98%
  • I am from the media/manufacturer or other entity that needs to keep up on these things

4 3.92%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    READ THIS BEFORE YOU VOTE!

I did more thinking after posting this and can't change the poll

The second option needs a little clarification -

Should be:
    "I love playbook so much that I ALSO spend time in "other device forums" making sure they understand that playbook is better and that they don't enjoy their device.

First option is for those who only visit playbook forums pretty much exclusively for what ever reason - I should have left out the "love my playbook" requirement.

This is not a playbook popularity poll, or gauge of how many like it/hate it or why..hence no option for - "I am here waiting for native PIM etc if it had that I would like my playbook" - If you feel that way, please go to option one, its a "normal" reason to be here. You don't have to love your playbook. I'm looking for the oddballs here.
    Odd behavior.

The purpose of this is really to try to figure out how many are here simply to troll with no interest in the device, and WHY? And to see if there is anyone here that does the same thing - goes to other forums of devices they have no interest in, just to put down their devices and users of it, talk them out of liking it, using it etc, because it seems rather odd to me. What is special about playbook that causes this behavior? Or does this go on in other forums as well? Do any playbook owners do this also?

I thought it would be fun, and I am curious to know the habits of Playbook forum users regarding usage of this and other forums, motivation and reason for being here etc. because well, it would be fun and I am curious about human behavior. (being from another planet apparently than a lot off you in here)

It's tempting to make it non-anonymous, but then the accuracy would be challenged so I wont.

By the way - notice that it is multiple choice so people don't feel boxed in by their vote.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 09-24-11 at 08:47 PM.
    09-24-11 02:15 PM
    good advice and support, plus I do like the community atmosphere. The pb is like a hobby for me, or maybe a tool to support my hobbies. I like cooking, tech stuff, picture taking and I can come here and see it all. Plus some good wit and sarcasm.

I dont generally participate in forums, but this one I like for the above reasons.

It's also a diverse group and the pb seems to bring people.together. The pb is like the black and white cookie on seinfeld...look to the playbook for world peace...oh wait doesnt rim have military contracts?
    LewLew23 likes this.
    09-24-11 02:25 PM
    I am here because I love tech gadgets and playbook is one of them -no preference, whatever rocks!
    09-24-11 02:30 PM
    As I sit here browsing CrackBerry on my PlayBook I have 4 BlackBerry's infront of me. A Bold 9000 and Curve 8530 which I am updating the OS on and running a device switch for my mother in law, my Bold 9900 which just rox my sox, and my wifes Torch which I just finished updating the OS on.

Yep, I definitely have an addiction....
    chiefbroski likes this.
    09-24-11 02:32 PM
    I'm here because it is too muggy to bike ride (did that yesterday) and the foot is not healed enough to hike!!!

Oh, and of course, to throw of bj's stats! (did not vote)
    09-24-11 03:17 PM
    I came here in June to join a discussion about my newly released app and stayed because of the great community atmosphere. As I recall F2 took part in that first discussion and like him I did not vote in this poll.
    09-24-11 04:40 PM
    Overall I enjoy my PB a lot. I do have some issues with certain websites and how they load (or don't completely load properly) but those don't happen a ton. I really only use my PB to play around on and would use it a lot more seriously if OS 2.0 does most of what has been speculated/shown.

My friends have iPads and don't get why I have a PB... granted I don't really get why they have an iPad instead of a PB but that's a whole different thread.

I bought what I like and what makes me happy and even though the updates have been slow to come out as of late I still use my PB just as much. I gladly talk about it and show it off.
    09-24-11 05:00 PM
    Needs: "I like my Playbook but need/want to insure it is finished and has the features it needs to succeed."

Didn;t vote....wont vote due to the lack of this choice.

Tim
    09-24-11 06:52 PM
    Needs: "I like my Playbook but need/want to insure it is finished and has the features it needs to succeed."

Didn;t vote....wont vote due to the lack of this choice.

Tim
    OK but that was a different poll - you're still here because you love playbook or what you envision/wish it to become and to find/share info correct? I will add one to the final tally for choice number one for you one for F2 and buzzstar also - thanks for commenting!

Good god you guys love to be arbitrary.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 09-24-11 at 07:57 PM.
    09-24-11 07:30 PM
    I would choose the first one except I'm also here to check out the other sections and see how everyone likes the new phones etc. I'm also here at times to complain (yes I do that sometimes) to vent and have some fun at times and for some of the people that hang out here also.

I normally don't like to say bad things about the OS's and devices I don't like but I will say that I don't like them and they are also good. Of course I've had my rants on those also.
    09-24-11 07:49 PM
    I would choose the first one except I'm also here to check out the other sections and see how everyone likes the new phones etc. I'm also here at times to complain (yes I do that sometimes) to vent and have some fun at times and for some of the people that hang out here also.

I normally don't like to say bad things about the OS's and devices I don't like but I will say that I don't like them and they are also good. Of course I've had my rants on those also.
    "here" means the playbook forum. Choice number one has you covered because venting could be considered sharing info...

This is not a playbook popularity poll, or gauge of how many like it/hate it or why..
    The purpose of this is really to try to figure out how many are here simply to troll with no interest in the device, and WHY? And to see if there is anyone here that does the same thing - goes to forums of other devices they have no interest in just to put down their devices and users of it, talk them out of liking it, using it etc, because it seems rather odd to me. What is special about playbook that causes this behavior? Or does this go on in other forums as well? Do any playbook owners do this also?
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 09-25-11 at 12:59 AM.
    09-24-11 07:53 PM
    "here" means the playbook forum. Choice number one has you covered because venting could be considered sharing info...

This is not a playbook popularity poll.
    The purpose of this is really to try to figure out how many are here simply to troll with no interest in the device, and WHY? And to see if there is anyone here that does the same thing - goes to other forums of devices they have no interest in just to put down their devices and users of it, talk them out of liking it, using it etc, because it seems rather odd to me. What is special about playbook that causes this behavior? Or does this go on in other forums as well? Do any playbook owners do this also?
    I should've got the "here is playbook section". I'm slow sometimes too LOL.
    09-24-11 08:03 PM
    I should've got the "here is playbook section". I'm slow sometimes too LOL.
    No problemo - you seem pretty smart for a Black Lab. Most of them can't even read.
    awattwell likes this.
    09-24-11 08:23 PM
    OK but that was a different poll - you're still here because you love playbook or what you envision/wish it to become and to find/share info correct? I will add one to the final tally for choice number one for you one for F2 and buzzstar also - thanks for commenting!

Good god you guys love to be arbitrary.
    I refuse to be called arbitrary unless it is coupled with capricious. Oh, wait, that's the "can we sue rim legal thread!"
    09-24-11 08:49 PM
    "I am here because I love tech gadgets and playbook is one of them - no preference, whatever rocks!" I guess I also try to share tips/info/joy to others.

I really don't get why some are so obsessed with a particular brand/company (fanboy/fangirl). I love my gadget and if I could afford it I would have probably 3-4 Tablets.
    awattwell likes this.
    09-24-11 09:01 PM
    "I am here because I love tech gadgets and playbook is one of them - no preference, whatever rocks!" I guess I also try to share tips/info/joy to others.

I really don't get why some are so obsessed with a particular brand/company (fanboy/fangirl). I love my gadget and if I could afford it I would have probably 3-4 Tablets.
    I guess because it gets too confusing from a user point of view - I like to settle on the one I think is best for my needs and keep all my stuff in one place.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 09-25-11 at 01:13 AM.
    09-25-11 01:08 AM
    I guess the ones that chime in on all most every positive thread just to bash or tell us how wrong we are don't want to vote in this poll as they certainly seem to option number 4 and it still says 0.
    09-25-11 05:45 AM
    I guess the ones that chime in on all most every positive thread just to bash or tell us how wrong we are don't want to vote in this poll as they certainly seem to option number 4 and it still says 0.
    I noticed that - so the conclusion here is that polls DO lie, or at least that haters lie.
    Because we all know there are plenty of option 4's in here. Apparently refuse to admit it, or participate, knowing their numbers are too small to push that number up to anything significant? Why bother.

Strange how the vocalness and posting frequency of haters is not proportional to that number. I guess they hate polls as well..
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 09-26-11 at 04:43 AM.
    09-26-11 04:15 AM
    None of the above. I use and LIKE RIM products.
    09-26-11 07:39 AM
    Much better!
    09-26-11 07:43 AM
    Why does it bother you so much? I personally don't care what anyone else thinks about anything that I own, its all subjective. Don't let it get to you.

The purpose of this is really to try to figure out how many are here simply to troll with no interest in the device, and WHY?.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-11 07:48 AM
    Why does it bother you so much? I personally don't care what anyone else thinks about anything that I own, its all subjective. Don't let it get to you.
    Simple. Glad you asked. Crackberry is the go to place for media/potential buyers, investors, and other entities to gauge user feedback on Blackberry devices. The people whining about OS improvements and lack of apps are shooting themselves and all of us in the foot.

It bothers me because a proportionately small group of haters ( you know who you are, so do we) give people a disproportionate negative impression of playbook by disproportionately over posting negativity and starting new rant threads..it gives them disproportionate power. I want people (potential buyers, newbies, reviewers, developers, investors) to see the true proportions of haters. Relatively insignificant.

Negativity>> not good for reviews>> not good for publicity>> not good not good for sales >> not good for playbook >> not good for RIM >> not good for OS improvements >> not good for app development.

I want apps!! I want OS improvements! Doesn't everyone? Stop hating! You attract more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Why is this hard to understand? People get the wrong impression coming in here. I certainly did! When I first bought this thing I was overjoyed. Until I came in here. I was wondering, are they talking about the same marvel that I hold in my hands? I thought I had made a huge mistake! Nobody should feel that way as a newbie.

By sticking around, and sticking with it, eventually I found out there are just a lot of sourpusses and malcontents and people with destructive agendas in here who will never be happy with anything. Then there are fans of other devices and destructive people and death wishers actually gleeful when supposedly bad news arrives suggesting failure!

I am exposing them for the size they really are, rather than the size they SEEM by starting negative posts and ranting endlessly..
    Also the fifth option should remind people that reviewers, industry analysts are watching!
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 09-26-11 at 11:38 AM.
    09-26-11 10:48 AM
    Well, I read other forums and threads on crackberry.com, I'm not just here for the playbook forum topic. I love all my BB devices!! Even my 9700, that's why i havent gone to the 9900 yet, cant make up my mind!
    09-26-11 11:06 AM
    Much better!
    Thanks for your vote!
    09-26-11 11:25 AM
    I came to this forum(PB) to learn more about the Playbook. You can only get so much info from blogs (ie BGR, CNet etc). The more and more I read of peoples positive reviews/experiences I began to like it more . Once I played with one at a best buy I wanted it even though I have an iPad 2. The small form factor won me over. Plus now that I have switched back to blackberry a month ago (iPhone4 back to my old 9000 soon to be 9900/9850) I can bridge an use it wherever I go. I'm really not comfortable with bringing the larger iPad 2 out like that. So the PB is perfect. Just bought one yesterday and can't wait to get my hands on it!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-11 12:31 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD