im off on holiday this weekend and have sold my ipad but would like something cheapish to use for the internet tethered to my phone, im guessing it will tether to an iPhone? and for my daughter to be able to watch her mickey mouse movies etc on and wonder if one of these will do the job? obviously it will be fine for the net but will i be able to load my daughters movies and stuff on it as they are currently on my iTunes as they where used for my ipad when i had it?
    i have also read that they can somehow run android app's is that correct and how easy is it to do?
    10-02-12 02:17 PM
    You can tether, if you mean like a mobile hotspot kinda thing with your iPhone, i use my playbook with my second phone which is a gingerbread. With regards to movies, you might be outa luck on that one, but first check the video/audio formats of the videos you want to copy, then do a search on CB for PlayBook compatible video formats before you buy. If its all good, get yourself a micro hdmi to hdmi cable and enjoy! If you had a blackberry phone (preferably a physical qwerty), you'd be browsing large format style with your PB connected to a TV via hdmi, using your BB as a keyboard and mouse.
    10-02-12 03:16 PM
    thanks mate will have a look
    will this sync and drag and drop etc with a mac or does the software only work on a windows PC
    10-02-12 03:25 PM
    thanks mate will have a look
    will this sync and drag and drop etc with a mac or does the software only work on a windows PC
    There is Desktop Manager software for the Mac as well as Windows for sync/backup or you can use WiFi file transfer. Another option, which I use, is to use online services. I bought Files and Folders, which supports Dropbox, Box, SugarSync, SkyDrive, and Google, and often use one of these services to transfer files.
    10-02-12 03:29 PM
    It will support movies just fine as I have all the Disney movies in avi format and all play fine. With the HDMI cable I had a portable movie player when traveling. The wifi transfer is best because you could have the playbook in standby mode and still copy files to it without any desktop software needed. You will find it to be more than you expected to be.
    10-02-12 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD