Not long ago I wiped and reinstalled the os. I have found for most of what I do, few apps from the store are an advantage and avoided any that appeared to be Android based.

One thing I like doing with the PB is watching old movies and tv shows. While some source sights will not work with the built in native app I found enough to keep me happy. Also like old time radio and classical music.

I downloaded a number of mocies, otr programs and, using the native Podcast app (after figuring it out as it no longer connect to anything) downloaded some 1200 Podcasts. I was left with about 2 gigs of free space. Then I began having issues.

These included apps freezing, the native and Origami browsers loading slowly, if at all, and they and other apps crashing. As I watched and deleted the movies the free space increased. At about 4 gigs, things started to become more stable and responsive. So I decided to watch more closely the free space vs issue relationship. At about 6.3 gigs everything seems to speed up, though the native browser still lagged some. At 6.6 gigs even the browser response time was decent.

This morning I decided to transfer the native bookmark library to Origami as it was maxed out. The response time to load pages increased again and now is pretty good. I have not timed it but, seems close to Opera on my XP laptop. I can live with that. Origami seems to be as quick as it was.

Lastly, I used to save urls to the home page with the native browser as I had maxed out the native browser's bookmark system. I deleted all but the few temporary ones such as an ebay action I am following. I had an entire Page of these shortcuts. I now have about half a dozen. Screen response and app opening, etc. has noticeably gotten faster.

It seems the idea that with flash memory reserving free space is not an issue at least for the PB may be wrong. Mine is a 32 gig so, around 30% seems possibly the optimal target. It was the biggest thing to help while the other things Inside also benefited.

One other thing I notice is the PB will pickup wireless wifi connections quite well. I have a dead spot in my basement office and elsewhere the signal is low when using my desktop and laptops. In each area the PB easily picks it up and shows a strong signal.

For years of little faith who are finding faults with the PB especially, the web page loading and app crashing and freezing give it a try and see if things improve.
    castoridae likes this.
    08-10-14 07:32 AM
    It's a known issue that all hell breaks loose if you use up the memory and don't leave a decent amount free. I guess we call it a feature of the thing...

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 07:50 AM
    Good post. Thanks
    08-10-14 11:13 AM
    Not long ago I wiped and reinstalled the os. I have found for most of what I do, few apps from the store are an advantage and avoided any that appeared to be Android based.

One thing I like doing with the PB is watching old movies and tv shows. While some source sights will not work with the built in native app I found enough to keep me happy. Also like old time radio and classical music.

I downloaded a number of mocies, otr programs and, using the native Podcast app (after figuring it out as it no longer connect to anything) downloaded some 1200 Podcasts. I was left with about 2 gigs of free space. Then I began having issues.

These included apps freezing, the native and Origami browsers loading slowly, if at all, and they and other apps crashing. As I watched and deleted the movies the free space increased. At about 4 gigs, things started to become more stable and responsive. So I decided to watch more closely the free space vs issue relationship. At about 6.3 gigs everything seems to speed up, though the native browser still lagged some. At 6.6 gigs even the browser response time was decent.

This morning I decided to transfer the native bookmark library to Origami as it was maxed out. The response time to load pages increased again and now is pretty good. I have not timed it but, seems close to Opera on my XP laptop. I can live with that. Origami seems to be as quick as it was.

Lastly, I used to save urls to the home page with the native browser as I had maxed out the native browser's bookmark system. I deleted all but the few temporary ones such as an ebay action I am following. I had an entire Page of these shortcuts. I now have about half a dozen. Screen response and app opening, etc. has noticeably gotten faster.

It seems the idea that with flash memory reserving free space is not an issue at least for the PB may be wrong. Mine is a 32 gig so, around 30% seems possibly the optimal target. It was the biggest thing to help while the other things Inside also benefited.

One other thing I notice is the PB will pickup wireless wifi connections quite well. I have a dead spot in my basement office and elsewhere the signal is low when using my desktop and laptops. In each area the PB easily picks it up and shows a strong signal.

For years of little faith who are finding faults with the PB especially, the web page loading and app crashing and freezing give it a try and see if things improve.

I just checked my 32g for free storage and its at 19.9 gb and 227.5 mb of free memory.
    Is that goid?
    08-10-14 12:25 PM
    Free storage is good. Free memory is a might low. With all programs closed, wifi on bluetooth off, I have in the range of 528 megs free. With Origami and wifi running 475 megs free.
    08-10-14 02:24 PM