I'm new to both BB and the playbook (inherited it from the wife who just couldn't get used toit). I like it - have loaded os 2 and am awaiting the official release impatiently.

Every so often the same nagging thought creeps in - why is there a 16/32/64 version of this thing? Why wasn't it designed as a basic model with a sd card reader? Apart from the memory chip on the circuit board is there anything different?

From my limited perspective this looks like yet one more way of making a lot of $$ by the manufacturer.

Can someone enlighten me please.
    02-07-12 07:45 AM
    Why are there different sizes of ipads and androids? Why do all companies leave things out they could have included? So they can add and sell more when the next thing comes out.
    02-07-12 08:05 AM
    The lack of a SD card slot is probably for security reasons. Initially the PlayBook was targeted to security concerned customers, not consumers.
    StanWiz likes this.
    02-07-12 08:10 AM
    Why are there different sizes of ipads and androids? Why do all companies leave things out they could have included? So they can add and sell more when the next thing comes out.
    What's an ipad??

I listen to a lot of audiobooks, my current mp3 reader is a palm treo phone. 2 reasons for my using it ; pocket tunes and a sd card slot. Unfortunately this won't be happening any time soon with my pb - no semi-decent reader out there and there is only so far one can go on 16g.... If only my wife had forked out an additional $200 for an additional 48g of memory.lol
    anon(4216152) likes this.
    02-07-12 08:38 AM
    Don't know where you are StanWiz, but you could always sell the 16G on ebay or something and purchase the 64G for 299US while the getting is good.
    02-07-12 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD