And you still bought bb?
    Yes. I explain why in a blog post.
    05-16-13 05:16 PM
    Yes, that's also my understanding.

Where I grew up (Devon), the pasty shops sold the fatter "crimped over the top" style. The strange folk over the other side of the Tamar river in Cornwall had their pasties with the "crimped along one edge and flat" look. Meat, potatoes, swede, onions and peppery seasoning were the contents of both if I recall.

Whether it's true I don't know, but the Cornish style apparently came about so tin miners could use the heavily crimped edge as a handle, eat the pasty, throw away the crust, and live a bit longer because of all the tin ore dust they didn't eat.

Hmmmm... Strangely, I'm feeling a little peckish now...
    Shesh, I still had to go to outside sources. Don't you English, speak, well, English:

"rutabaga, swede (from Swedish turnip), turnip or yellow turnip"
    05-16-13 06:25 PM
    Just do a class action lawsuit when they don't deliver. After all we do have evidence of Thor saying it is coming to the Playbook THIS YEAR!

If they're just going to screw everyone who owns one, may as well hit them in the pocket book as well.

Now that would make good TV...lol
    05-16-13 07:28 PM
    The traditional one is the pointy type one and the Cornish is the roundy type one.
    Actually....for the the traditional one is the one i'm going to be eating in July when i go to Ireland....no pointy bits....no round bits...and no pastry that i can remember....

I was going to use the other slang for ciggies....but i think someone would have objected...to the word...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-16-13 07:50 PM
    He's actually looking for my Z10!
    Two of them to be exact.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-16-13 08:51 PM
    Just do a class action lawsuit when they don't deliver. After all we do have evidence of Thor saying it is coming to the Playbook THIS YEAR!

If they're just going to screw everyone who owns one, may as well hit them in the pocket book as well.

Now that would make good TV...lol
    Only if we are allow to trade in 100% for Q10 or Z10.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-16-13 08:53 PM
    Actually....for the the traditional one is the one i'm going to be eating in July when i go to Ireland....no pointy bits....no round bits...and no pastry that i can remember....

I was going to use the other slang for ciggies....but i think someone would have objected...to the word...
    At last the perfect victim! Which part of gods country are you visiting as I have MANY family members still there. It has been said that if you kick me in the leg, three quarters of the Irish population would limp! Oh please tell which part!
    05-17-13 07:30 AM
    I am going North....Belfast....for a week then tour the South for 9 nights....and i plan to eat a lot of fish and chips...and pasties...I don't want to say where in Belfast I used to live......(hold over from childhood...when you admit where you lived...you admit what you are) ........its not like that now.....but the past lingers....
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-17-13 07:38 AM
    It could be better.....
    05-17-13 07:42 AM
    I am going North....Belfast....for a week then tour the South for 9 nights....and i plan to eat a lot of fish and chips...and pasties...I don't want to say where in Belfast I used to live......(hold over from childhood...when you admit where you lived...you admit what you are) ........its not like that now.....but the past lingers....
    I fully understand you and respect you views. Just in passing remember that you will probably be closer to me at that time than any other member of this forum! I love Belfast and don't be surprised if some old bad tempered coffin dodger starts throwing chips at you and screaming "get thee behind me playbook user and sinner".

ps it won't be me because I'll pay my brother to do it!
    05-17-13 07:54 AM
    Just because I like to stir the pot: I have an Xperia Ray, and I upgraded to ICS about two weeks after it dropped for my handset (it was a rolling upgrade, and it took forever). Now that I have ICS, I'm locked into it. I can't get back to GB without sending the phone back to Sony, or working through a whole lot of back-door tweaks and hacks. What does this have to do with the PB and BB10?

Sometimes, it's better to stick with the OS your device came with. I know that BB has been "promising" that BB10 was coming to the PlayBook, but what will that really mean to you, the user / consumer? Will it run slow due to the hardware in the PB? Will it be all shiny and new after the upgrade? Will your productivity go up? Maybe the OS we have on our PlayBooks is exactly what we're supposed to have, and no more. Arguably, ICS is not better for my phone...

If you don't like it, give your PlayBook to your kids or an in-law who can use it for basic functions (web, email, games). Buy yourself a souped-up Android tablet that you think you'll be able to upgrade to Android 18 (and beyond!) for the rest of your natural life.

And before I start getting the hate mail... I know the current OS is less than perfect: my #2 app is the podcast app, and it's flaky as hell. I would like it fixed, but I'm not holding out hope that will happen any time soon. Maybe this is simply the best that it will ever be.
    05-17-13 07:56 AM
    Just because I like to stir the pot: I have an Xperia Ray, and I upgraded to ICS about two weeks after it dropped for my handset (it was a rolling upgrade, and it took forever). Now that I have ICS, I'm locked into it. I can't get back to GB without sending the phone back to Sony, or working through a whole lot of back-door tweaks and hacks. What does this have to do with the PB and BB10?

Sometimes, it's better to stick with the OS your device came with. I know that BB has been "promising" that BB10 was coming to the PlayBook, but what will that really mean to you, the user / consumer? Will it run slow due to the hardware in the PB? Will it be all shiny and new after the upgrade? Will your productivity go up? Maybe the OS we have on our PlayBooks is exactly what we're supposed to have, and no more. Arguably, ICS is not better for my phone...

If you don't like it, give your PlayBook to your kids or an in-law who can use it for basic functions (web, email, games). Buy yourself a souped-up Android tablet that you think you'll be able to upgrade to Android 18 (and beyond!) for the rest of your natural life.

And before I start getting the hate mail... I know the current OS is less than perfect: my #2 app is the podcast app, and it's flaky as hell. I would like it fixed, but I'm not holding out hope that will happen any time soon. Maybe this is simply the best that it will ever be.
    Thank you for that. It's not that I understand it but I'm now so confused its a perfect time to visit my cellar. Thank you.
    05-17-13 08:37 AM
    Grab me a couple potatoes while you're down there...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-17-13 08:42 AM
    Sorry, but the ROOT cellar is in the OS Subforum, I believe.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-17-13 11:13 AM
    Can you give me a clue where to look. I've been down here looking for them since you asked and I can't find them anywhere. Don't rush with the answer its quite nice down here.
    05-17-13 12:10 PM
65 123