02-07-12 11:05 AM
83 ... 234
tools
    Oops, F2 is right, the Playbook should be off before DM is started and the device is connected. Please let us know how you get on Phil
    02-06-12 02:23 PM
    While waiting (and I'm sure you are quite frustrated), try one more time. First, give it a charge for an hour or so.

Make sure that it is actually powered OFF (go into a dark room/closet and make sure that it is not just a dark but powered on screen).

Then try the debrick with it OFF at first:

Try the Debrick method....

1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
    2) skipped
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update. It will take awhile

(yesterday while backing up my new 64 gig, I noticed that update screen for the first time as I connected the pb to the usb cord)
    F2,
    Thanks for the advice. I am in the middle of trying what you advise for the second time. RIM contacted me this afternoon and provided the same advice but the first attempt did not work and the upate froze for abou three hours. Anyway I am perservering and hopefully I may get it updated some time this evening. RIM advise it may be a geographic problem!! Will let you know but at least I'm going in the right direction. Many thanks
    02-06-12 02:58 PM
    Oops, F2 is right, the Playbook should be off before DM is started and the device is connected. Please let us know how you get on Phil
    MattDev,
    thanks for the assistance and as you can see from the reply above I am in the process of updating my playbook, though there has been a slight hitch. Hopefully if will be up and running tonight (fingers crossed). Will keep you informed. Many thanks.
    02-06-12 03:00 PM
    Phil, my dad's froze the first time he tried this method and there followed several expletives. It did eventually work though!
    02-06-12 03:46 PM
    Phil, my dad's froze the first time he tried this method and there followed several expletives. It did eventually work though!
    MattDev,

Thanks for that
    02-06-12 04:00 PM
    Just want to say thanks for the help offered whilst trying to get connected to the servers and getting my Playbook updated. Managed at 01:00 Hrs this morning (7th feb 2012 GMT) to get it sorted after a few frozen screens etc. Anyway I'm looking forward to getting my hands on my Playbook when I get home from work and spending a few hours familiarising myself with it and uploading some videos, photos and other stuff.
    Thanks again
    carsten likes this.
    02-07-12 06:37 AM
    After all this, you are going to let WORK get in the way!

Have fun.
    02-07-12 09:16 AM
    Great news, enjoy
    02-07-12 11:05 AM
83 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD