05-27-14 04:38 PM
59 123
tools
    Can someone please explain? I found this on Amazon, "At first I had difficulty getting it started as it would not load updates and showed error 3001. This was overcome by entering the wireless connection information by hand rather than on auto." What exactly is "the wireless connection information"? More specifically, where will I find my wireless connection information?

(Amazon.co.uk: Customer Reviews: BlackBerry PlayBook - Tablet - 32 GB - 7" TFT ( 1024 x 600 ) - rear camera + front camera - Wi-Fi, Bluetooth)
    That likely means entering the name and password, etc for your wifi by selecting "add" or "other" or "manual" (forget what the PlayBook says), and entering the information manually. If you have wifi on your pc, click on the wifi icon at the bottom left, click on Network and Sharing, click on the wifi network you're using, it should open a small window. Click on wireless details (or something like that). It should show all the information you need. If not, you can try clicking on the wifi icon at the bottom left, and then right clicking on your wifi name and then going to properties.

Posted via CB10
    Diana Graham likes this.
    05-26-14 10:02 PM
    Hello.

I also don't understand this (from another site): "...solve it by using USA VPN so you can do as follows : 1. download one software with name Connectify , It change your laptop to one access point so you will be able to share internet with WiFi solution 2. Using one VPN from USA server and after connecting run Connectify software , it will detect your VPN and Internet + VPN will be shared for your playbook 3. Open your WiFi in tablet and star to download" Is this a good idea? Would it work?

Coincidentally I just happened to learn about VPNs this very morning (VPNs: What They Do, How They Work, and Why You're Dumb for Not Using One). I don't understand how to use one, but I understand the concept. Anyway does anyone understand what this person is saying to do? And can you explain so a less tech-savvy person can understand? Please? Thank you in advance.
    Sure it will work. VPNs may be less susceptible to snoopers. And I have used Connectify which does work in the free version to a limited extent but to get full capability you nee the Pro version which would cost you $30 or so, You would put it on your computer which may or may not be capable of running it. The computer would then broadcast a signal which would be used by other devices such as the PB to access the internet. But I do not think that the host computer is connected to the other devices in a way that would be necessary to update the OS. Maybe I need to look at my system again. I also feel that you are getting off on a tangent which would require a lot of effort to set up. Connectify has a web site if you do wish to pursue this option.

www.connectify.me

Also have you tried the approach. I suggested in post 54. For it to work you probably have to first get your computer to recognize your PB.
    Diana Graham likes this.
    05-26-14 10:03 PM
    scrapmetal58: Thanks for the information! I'll try that later.
    05-26-14 10:48 PM
    jpash549: My PC does not see the PlayBook. It didn't see the other one either. Going to Control Panel>Hardware & Sound>Devices & Printers...the PlayBook is not shown. No PlayBook was ever shown. Neither of the PlayBooks installed drivers on my PC. I was unable to locate PlayBook drivers online.
    This is the first problem you have to solve before you will be able to connect your PB to the desktop manager and upgrade using a connection to the Desk Top Manager on your computer. Exploring these other interesting avenues will not bear fruit until this one problem is solved.

Suggest going to control panel and seeing if you can discover the plugged in Playbook.
    05-26-14 11:05 PM
    Looked back at your system description and it is not very detailed since there are many models of the Inspiron 2305 and the 2 wire gateway. Couldn't find out if your computer is hard wire connected to the modem-router.or connected by wi-fi. For large downloads I would think hard wire connection would be best. When I have internet problems the first thing suggested is to disconnect the modem from the supply and disconnect the computer. Then reconnect starting with the wall and waiting before reconnecting in order back to the computer. The reason I suggested contacting AT&T or who ever your service provider is that updates may be needed for the modem. Don't have any idea what speed your system is supposed to have and that may not be a factor. Then I would try to add the PB to my computer home group on Windows 7.
    05-26-14 11:49 PM
    "CrackBerry Genius jpash549" was being extremely helpful to me for a minute & I thank "CrackBerry Genius jpash549" for that, but now that "CrackBerry Genius jpash549" has (for some reason) (IDK why ) begun exhibiting passive/aggressive hostile tendencies (making pointless/not-helpful/unpleasant comments, & repeatedly asking questions that have already been answered several times, and/or are irelevant), "CrackBerry Genius jpash549" has been added to my "Ignore" list.
    05-27-14 02:07 PM
    "CrackBerry Genius jpash549" was being extremely helpful to me for a minute & I thank "CrackBerry Genius jpash549" for that, but now that "CrackBerry Genius jpash549" has (for some reason) (IDK why ) begun exhibiting passive/aggressive hostile tendencies (making pointless/not-helpful/unpleasant comments, & repeatedly asking questions that have already been answered several times, and/or are irelevant), "CrackBerry Genius jpash549" has been added to my "Ignore" list.
    Thank you so much for including me in the elite company of Pacoman03. I certainly was not trying to be unpleasant but after so many posts and suggestions was trying to get reoriented. When you get the thing worktng on your own then maybe I will send you a congatulatory thumbs up. In the meantime I will skulk to my corner and not devote any further effort to your problem.
    mh1983 and anon1727506 like this.
    05-27-14 03:23 PM
    "CrackBerry Genius jpash549"

Re: "Ignore"... Let me google that for you
    05-27-14 03:36 PM
    Others besides Mistress DG read posts on this thread and can make up their own minds about persons on it.
    05-27-14 04:38 PM
59 123