Here is my scenario - I turned off wi-fi to let my son play a game on the playbook and when I went to turn the wi-fi back on it couldn't connect to the internet, kept saying error 48.

So I did a security wipe and now the playbook does not even go to set up mode. It stays in BlackBerry Playbook screen mode. I have done a soft reset, hard reset, and repair through the desktop manager but to no avail. So I am thinking I may have a pooched 32 GB PB.

It has only been a week since I bought the thing from Computer Trends so I will go and see if I can exchange it, unless there are any other suggestions that I can try.

Thanks.
    01-02-13 09:12 AM
    I am sorry to hear about your issues with the device. One of the regular contributors on this forum - F2 - suggests you make sure the PlayBook is fully turned off (he suggests going into a dark room and making sure the PlayBook goes completely black, rather than a dull Grey. I know mine takes a little while to go from grey to black. Then, with the PlayBook turned off, connect it via the USB to your computer and run the desktop manager. Update the PlayBook when prompted. It's worked for me in the past when I messed up my machine. I am not saying your problem is due to user error. I am just saying it was my fault when this happened to me. If this doesn't work you may have a defective device. It sounds like you have time to exchange it if that is the case. Good luck.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-02-13 11:14 AM
    If you have done the REPAIR through DM, you might want to return the unit if possible.

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    01-02-13 11:19 AM
    Yeah it sucks, this is my second attempt with a Playbook and I really like the steps RIM has taken with the device. I just hope more apps become available throughout the year once BB10 is launched.

Thanks for the advice. I have tried about 3 times with the repair through DM and it only goes as far as the "BlackBerry Playbook" screen with the background changing colors. I do notice a small white flash every so often.

I phoned the store and explained to them what was going on so hopefully I will just get a replacement.
    01-02-13 11:29 AM
    Continue the repair process as the dm can be finicky.
    01-02-13 01:01 PM