Ok, so tonight while at Bestbuy I saw that they had The Hobbit with Digital copy....
    ...Bought it then went & signed up for UV and Flixter, redeemed the movie, etc.
    ...I could sign in via Flixter but the video only plays for a few seconds then hangs up?

The quality of the video is excellent but it simply will not play w/out hanging up bad....
    ...I installed the ipad on my wife's ipad and the movie plays w/out any issues at all.
    ...WTF!

I checked the Blackberry Word but there is no App listed there?
    ...Is there any hope or am I beating a dead horse trying to do this on my Playbook?

It's the same WIFI connection and both devices are connected....
    ...The ipad works perfectly but the blackberry hangs.
    ...Pic attached showing multi colored code type lines on the Playbook under the froze video.

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails could anyone offer some help with Flixter?-seattle-20130322-01233.jpg  
    Last edited by pythons; 03-23-13 at 08:55 PM.
    03-22-13 11:36 PM
    I've been trying to download the digital copy for the past 2 days with no luck.

I have flixster on my Z10. Not much of an app.

What format is the file? I usually just play the videos on the Playbook with the native video program.

Posted via CB10 on Zed10
    03-22-13 11:57 PM
    I'm having trouble seeing my collection. I sideloaded flixster to my playbook and whenever I log in it just shows how many movies I rated. Any idea of what is happening?
    03-23-13 12:13 AM
    I'm having trouble seeing my collection. I sideloaded flixster to my playbook and whenever I log in it just shows how many movies I rated. Any idea of what is happening?
    So you have to side load an app developed for another platform....
    ...To be able to take advantage of Flixter?
    ...What's Blackberry's reason / excuse for not being able to deliver that?

This appears to be a "pattern" with the Playbook - it has difficulty....
    ....In doing those things a Droid or an ipad does.
    ...I'm talking level 101 stuff.
    Last edited by pythons; 03-23-13 at 08:42 AM.
    03-23-13 01:12 AM
    Trying to figure it out too. The UV site says you can play on "tablets" but further digging say android or iPad. So playbook not supported? Couldn't find any reference to the technology involved, e.g file format. If side loaded android flixter app doesn't work, what else to do?
    03-23-13 08:53 AM
    I watch movies on my pb by just going to the Flixster website in my native browser. All my movies are there and I only have trouble when there's a lot of traffic on the site (like on Friday night). Never felt the need to sideload an app. Browser works fine for me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-23-13 11:19 AM
    I watch movies on my pb by just going to the Flixster website in my native browser. All my movies are there and I only have trouble when there's a lot of traffic on the site (like on Friday night). Never felt the need to sideload an app. Browser works fine for me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    I used a friends GS3 and signed in on his account and had zero problems via the browser....
    ...Immediately tried my Playbook again but had the same result - constant video hang.
    ...It's like the Playbook doesn't have enough whatever to power it's way through it.

Does anyone know of a fix for this or is this one aspect of the Playbook that's just a total failure?
    ...It's bad enough that Playbook users don't have Netflix or Hulu but this is really bad.
    ...The Playbook can't even handle streaming on the Flixter site.

This is straight up 'GONG SHOW' material.
    Attached Thumbnails could anyone offer some help with Flixter?-gongsh2.jpg  
    03-23-13 09:09 PM
    I take it that the only solution is to side-load an app that was developed for another platform....
    ...And after doing that the Playbook kind-a, sort-a might work, sometimes?
    ...The Playbook was launched April 19, 2011 - I'm afraid we've been duped folks.
    03-24-13 02:46 PM
    I am in Canada, so I don't think we have access to Flixster, so can't test it. Have you tried using it on another network? The Playbook is capable of pretty high definition video and it may just be that it is being fed a higher def stream than was streamed to a GS3 phone.

Chrysalis1156 has been able to get it to work, unless it is something specific to your movie or that Chrysalis1156 is steaming free content, not the Ultrviolet content. Try clearing the cache in the browser and rebooting the PlayBook.
    03-24-13 03:52 PM
    I am in Canada, so I don't think we have access to Flixster, so can't test it. Have you tried using it on another network? The Playbook is capable of pretty high definition video and it may just be that it is being fed a higher def stream than was streamed to a GS3 phone.

Chrysalis1156 has been able to get it to work, unless it is something specific to your movie or that Chrysalis1156 is steaming free content, not the Ultrviolet content. Try clearing the cache in the browser and rebooting the PlayBook.
    The video quality easily looks as good on the Playbook as my wife's ipad does....
    ...The difference being that the Playbook renders about 5 seconds of perfect video.
    ...Then hangs up, the hang up is followed by an odd multi colored code under the video.

The movie I was working with was 'The Hobbit' and I selected standard DVD quality....
    ...The gs3 phone also had excellent video quality and no hang ups via the browser.
    ...The ipad had no issues via the Flixter App.

All this was done through my home wifi network ( same wireless connection ).

I had thought the Flixter solution would be a great work around for those w/ Playbooks....
    ...Because it allows streaming directly from the browser.
    ...Something about the Playbook causes Flixter to not be functional on the Playbook.

With everything else that doesn't work in the way of subscription media streaming on Playbook....
    ...I would have figured that RIM / BBRY would have been all over Flixter.
    ...Because it allows you to make digital copies of DVD's you already have and view from a cloud.

It's appears that Flixter is yet another video source that's beyond the ability of the Playbook to use....
    ...Most everything I've been able to pull up on Flixter & Playbook is telling me this.
    03-24-13 06:42 PM