PLaybook 64gb was originally $699. Today you can get it for around $250. What's the cost of assembling PB? Is is the same quality of hardware or have they gotten cheaper materials? Even with the enormous price dip, is the hardware of same quality similar to when they first made it? Do Blackberry even make a profit out of this?
    08-22-12 02:18 PM
    Are you sure they're still assembling Playbooks? I think they're still burning through the massive inventory they started out with, hence the discontinuation of the 16GB since they sold out of inventory.

If they are still assembling them, prices have undoubtedly gone down, but their volume would be much lower, which may balance out the cost. Either way, I'm sceptical as to whether or not they're still making them.
    08-22-12 02:21 PM
    I highly doubt they are making anymore. Probably focusing resources on the LTE model. My guess is they are just trying to sell of remaining inventory of original playbook.
    08-22-12 02:43 PM
    Are you sure they're still assembling Playbooks? I think they're still burning through the massive inventory they started out with, hence the discontinuation of the 16GB since they sold out of inventory.

If they are still assembling them, prices have undoubtedly gone down, but their volume would be much lower, which may balance out the cost. Either way, I'm sceptical as to whether or not they're still making them.
    Yeah, I doubt if they are still making them. As the poster below said, they probably are trying to sell all of the remaining ones in order to prepare for 4g LTE which sounds good for me. 199$ just for this hardware is more than enough.
    08-23-12 08:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD