I am really beginning to like how the team managed copy/paste functionality. At first I didn't know what the **** to do with the blue arrows, but now that I've gotten the basics down I am enjoying it. Intuitive, easy, and flawless (for me at least). What do you guys think?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-19-11 07:05 PM
    im guessing they do it like everyone else with the arrows. i havent been able to see it yet though
    04-19-11 07:19 PM
    I've not really messed with other tablets (iOS or Android based). They've got arrows too?

04-19-11 07:24 PM
    What blue Arrow?
    04-19-11 07:34 PM
    yeah you drag the arrows to where you want to start and end your copy and paste
    04-19-11 07:52 PM
    ok just checked out copy paste and its basically just like android is. it works well and is easy to understand so i can see why RIM did the same
    04-19-11 08:05 PM
    to me it seems to be more precise than on android.... at least on the Epic i had for a few weeks. take that google!!!! lol
    04-19-11 08:11 PM
    Thanks for share guys; I didn't know Android managed things this way too. I know copy/paste was miserable (like many things) on my Storm 1 and was pleasantly surprised by the easy of this on the PlayBook.

04-19-11 08:58 PM
    I was playing with the playbook looking for another thread when I happened upon this one and figured I'd give copy/paste a try.

As said above, what blue arrows? I was in the Browser looking at a message in this thread and wanted to copy some of the text (oh, home now on computer). How does one initiate a copy?

Oh, I tried using the Help app - useless does not describe it! And the pdf manual is not better - it comes up with "copy certificates" as did the help app.

So? Copy?

Thanks in advance
    04-19-11 09:50 PM
    Haven't tried to copy/paste from the browser yet but go into Docs2Go and "press-hold" and then drag one blue arrow over (left or right) and "press-hold" the arrow again. You'll see options for copy, cut, paste, cancel, etc.

04-19-11 09:54 PM
    Ive tried everything - I cant activate copy and paste. I've tried it on the browser, in emails, in bridge memos, how do you do it?!
    04-19-11 10:19 PM
    im guessing they do it like everyone else with the arrows. i havent been able to see it yet though
    Like this.
    04-19-11 10:23 PM
    Ive tried everything - I cant activate copy and paste. I've tried it on the browser, in emails, in bridge memos, how do you do it?!
    Just touch and hold one finger over any text and the opens will appear. See my above post
    04-19-11 10:24 PM
    BlackBerry How To Demo for the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet

you can see some great vids here...this is what i watched earlier
    04-19-11 10:26 PM
    I just wish it was that easy to position the cursor on screen
    04-19-11 11:05 PM
    Thanks to Kill3r.Conc3ptz your post quickly helped me find how to copy paste .Although i do miss the auto correct and double tap of the space bar on the play book.
    04-20-11 06:28 AM
    Although i do miss the auto correct and double tap of the space bar on the play book.
    The 'spacebar' double-tap is implemented in some applications on the PlayBook and not in others. Hopefully it will be put in universally soon. Docs2Go and some other apps allow this but the browser doesn't...
    04-20-11 11:26 AM
    Has anyone tried copying from the browser and pasting into an email? It seems i can copy from the browser but when in the email Paste is not an option.
    04-20-11 02:27 PM
    I'm looking for the same thing were is the paste ?
    04-20-11 02:39 PM
    I just wish it was that easy to position the cursor on screen

so true! This is one thing I have to give Apple credit for; that cool 'magnifier' effect that follows your finger when you want to position the cursor really does help... I didn't realize it until I starting using my PB and there was no equivalent feature.

Has anyone tried copying from the browser and pasting into an email? It seems i can copy from the browser but when in the email Paste is not an option.
    i don't think you can do this yet - as the official Crackberry review said, the apps don't really talk to each other that well like they do on your phone. It's a little pathetic right now, but hopefully these issues will get sorted out.
    04-20-11 02:46 PM
    I'm sure they will...
    04-20-11 03:05 PM
    Where is the Docs2Go to go App? I did a search and couldn't find it.
    04-20-11 03:11 PM
    Where is the Docs2Go to go App? I did a search and couldn't find it.
    It's three separate apps: Word To Go, Sheet To Go, and Slideshow To Go. Should be in the middle of the All folder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-11 03:21 PM
    Only thing in All folders is
    Browser
    Pictures
    Music
    Camera
    App World
    Video
    Music Store
    Podcasts
    YouTube
    Kobo Books
    Calculator
    Bring Maps
    Help
    Weather
    Clock
    NFS Undercover
    Voice Notes
    04-20-11 03:51 PM
    so true! This is one thing I have to give Apple credit for; that cool 'magnifier' effect that follows your finger when you want to position the cursor really does help... I didn't realize it until I starting using my PB and there was no equivalent feature.
    What is worse is the Torch does have a method of moving the cursor by touch but RIM didn't think it was important enough to include it at launch...
    Last edited by sylvaing; 04-20-11 at 04:41 PM.
    04-20-11 04:12 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD