do the copy / paste commands not work in the email "pc site" but only in the mobile site?

i have real problems getting this command to work anywhere actually.
    01-06-12 08:12 PM
    Same here, it is very hit and miss....
    01-06-12 09:33 PM
    odd; it works on the pc site for me and not so much in the mobile site.
    01-06-12 09:40 PM
    i've got one of those screen protector thingies on my pb screen ... maybe that interferes somehow.
    Talon88 likes this.
    01-06-12 09:42 PM
    i've got one of those screen protector thingies on my pb screen ... maybe that interferes somehow.
    No it doesn't. Copy Paste is just very erratic

It works well on some type of content and it doesn't on others.
    01-06-12 09:50 PM
    I find it helps to pinch and zoom first.
    01-06-12 10:07 PM
    I hope we can do this in a more sure fire way with OS 2 - with a menu, like on the phones...without arrow keys it is very difficult to precisely select text - with using the phone trackpad I am hoping this is easier and well integrated with the phone keyboard.
    01-06-12 10:24 PM
    I hope we can do this in a more sure fire way with OS 2 - with a menu, like on the phones...without arrow keys it is very difficult to precisely select text - with using the phone trackpad I am hoping this is easier and well integrated with the phone keyboard.
    EXCUSE ME! Are you picking a nit with the esteemed pb tablet? There is something, ahem, wrong or, perhaps, a bit off that perturbs you? Nah. Who had kindnapped BJ and taken over his account?

As I have been told many times - get a bt keyboard - problem gone!

I so hope that THEY do not disappoint us sometime in Feb, okay, March, well, April, NEXT Devcom!
    01-06-12 10:45 PM
    +1. Cut and paste sucks vs my 9810. I want a blackberry key with options. gesture from the bottom right up to pull it up. Rim should allow custom key boards. Allow the user to make there own how they want. Someone should make a keyboard builder app. That would be cool. Also a del and backspare option is needed (shift backspace) like on a bb.
    01-06-12 11:06 PM
    I had the same problem when I first got my playbook, but I found that if I tap on a blank part of the page to "reset" the cursor if you will, and tried to select the text again that it would work fine along with the copy/paste/cut commands.

I'm still trying to figure out how to choose whether the select function or cursor placement function comes on when I tap on a word because that's still random for me.
    01-06-12 11:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD