I think I have much of the virtual keyboard controls understood (it took a bit to find the &) but I have only seen clipboard functions on the browser URL bar. Is there a way to copy and paste in other text entry areas?

edit: Feeling a bit stupid since I figured it out seconds after asking. I am especially embarssed because I waited several day days to ask thinking I would figure it out. A keyboarding tutorial would be nice for the tips and tricks stickie.
    Last edited by D_Whatley; 12-02-11 at 03:22 AM.
    diegonei likes this.
    12-02-11 03:14 AM
    Touch and holkd the text area and you'll get a pop up with a number of options - copy, select, paste are there.
    It is a bit tricky and you have to keep your finger still...
    12-02-11 03:18 AM
    hold your finger down where ever you want to cut and paste for about 2 seconds and you'll see the options appear under your finger.
    12-02-11 03:20 AM
    Is the slider an OS2 property? It appears I need to first get the slider to pop up and then hold on the slider to get the menu.

edit: OK, maybe not, I think I have just not waited long enough. Thanks

edit: I feel a bit less dense now as it seems there are issues with cursor positioning after a few lines of text. At some point the copy window will only flash and the cursor will not stay positioned. Ultimately, I found that moving the text to the cursor was the only way I could edit the text when this occured. In the process, I did find some#
    Last edited by D_Whatley; 12-02-11 at 05:15 AM.
    12-02-11 03:27 AM
    The #above is where the cursor appears to start behaving strangely. I preserved the post to keep the character count but it is something more than just typed characters
    12-02-11 05:24 AM
    I find that the (copy, select, paste) options don't come up sometimes for me. For example, I can't get it to pop up in this text field for some reason
    12-02-11 07:59 AM
    I find that the (copy, select, paste) options don't come up sometimes for me. For example, I can't get it to pop up in this text field for some reason
    Your not alone. Sometimes I have to select text from different area of the screen and move the pointers where I need them.
    12-02-11 08:11 AM
    You may also run into difficulties trying to copy/paste in email. If you are trying to copy from an 'incoming' email, you may need to actually start a reply and copy from the "reply" and then cancel the reply.
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    12-02-11 09:48 AM
    You may also run into difficulties trying to copy/paste in email. If you are trying to copy from an 'incoming' email, you may need to actually start a reply and copy from the "reply" and then cancel the reply.
    Thanks for that tip. Was just trying to do that. Got frustrated and went to the phone.
    12-02-11 09:57 AM
    I find that copy/pasting in OS2 is a LOT easier than in 1.0.x... Selecting text and fine picking for spellchecking is also better in 2.0.

Can only hope it is released Feb/12
    12-02-11 11:48 AM

Great tip. RIM technical "support" gal did not know how to do it even from web pages; told me it could not be done. I fear for that company.
    12-02-11 12:44 PM
    I don't know if this is an append or modification and I can't comment directly:

Folks have also had different experiences based on whether they are an Individual (BIS) or Corporate (BES) and what kind of IT Policy is applied to their devices by their companies.
    12-02-11 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD