The PlayBook being so portable, there are probably plenty of occasions where it became very handy.

Recently, I was stopped at a roadside police control. I had all the documents available and ready and perhaps the policeman was a bit frustrated by that. He therefore asked me for a document which is totally irrelevant, i.e. the document that shows that one is registered with the local authorities as a foreigner. Now, Portugal is part of the EU and I am a EU citizen (French), so that requirement is against the EU laws, but anyway, I am properly registered, but proof of that is not something one carries in one's wallet (it is an A4 document). But!...... It is scanned in my PlayBook! So here you go, Mr Policeman, would that satisfy you?

He sighed and waved me back into the traffic.
    11-26-11 03:31 AM
    lol
    That is better than this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-money-666325/

How has playbook saved your skin?
    Sounds like a unique experience you had but very cool Mr. bond.
    blemoon42 likes this.
    11-26-11 03:50 AM
    I would have thought that E10 would also habve done the trick.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-11 04:26 AM
    I don't know if it compares but since you asked - the coolest thing I have done with mine is taken it for a helicopter ride over the beaches in newport beach -recording 1080p - its shaky but nice video - I am going to run it through some image stabilization software when i get a chance, but my crackberry addiction has been taking way to much of my time.
    11-26-11 05:09 AM
    I took this picture.... Ya, I know.. boring right? But the pic is awesome, and I get bonus points for it being taken at BlackBerry World.

Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter
    11-26-11 05:20 AM
    Bridging the PB to BB is not new or cool - but how about doing it in Iraq using a grandfathered Sprint unlimited international data plan? With all the GPS' off and conforming to local military regs, my honey has connectivity on the road even when not close to a traditional internet connection.
    JR A, tstrike34, bjw408h and 1 others like this.
    11-26-11 07:55 AM
    The PlayBook being so portable, there are probably plenty of occasions where it became very handy.

Recently, I was stopped at a roadside police control. I had all the documents available and ready and perhaps the policeman was a bit frustrated by that. He therefore asked me for a document which is totally irrelevant, i.e. the document that shows that one is registered with the local authorities as a foreigner. Now, Portugal is part of the EU and I am a EU citizen (French), so that requirement is against the EU laws, but anyway, I am properly registered, but proof of that is not something one carries in one's wallet (it is an A4 document). But!...... It is scanned in my PlayBook! So here you go, Mr Policeman, would that satisfy you?

He sighed and waved me back into the traffic.
    your situation is very diferent than mines but still cool.. well mines is watch UFC pay per view events from my tablet for free streaming live and watch movies for free!.. i watch breaking bad twiligth, paranolmal activity 3, inmortals.. chek ( wwitv.com) abd you will see movies wirch still in the teater for free
    11-26-11 09:04 AM
    .....but my crackberry addiction has been taking way to much of my time.
    ^^ that I can totally relate to..... my wife has accused me of spending a bit more time on PB than on any of the other gadgets i own........ so i am trying to temper my addiction to the PB-crackberry usage.
    11-26-11 09:15 AM
    Coolest for me was went into AT&T to get a new SIM card for my mifi and decided to get the 9810. While they were getting the 9810, ready to go. I decided to pull out from my back pocket the playbook. The dude was so suprised at the size and started asking a few questions about it.
    jafobabe likes this.
    11-26-11 09:17 AM
    soon, i'll be just as cool as you guys with high-speed stories of how i used it to broker peace and solve world hunger all while bridged to my son's second-hand 8550 but for now, the only cool thing i've done is simply turn the thing on...
    11-26-11 09:23 AM
    A couple of weeks ago I played a gig with some complicated songs and almost no time to rehearse. I loaded the sheet music onto the PB, turned down the backlight and placed it on my synth with a anti-slip pad. I was a little worried due to some earlier problems using the PB on stage, so I stuck some aluminium foil to the back of the device. Worked fine on stage this time.
    bquinney likes this.
    11-26-11 09:41 AM
    The OP's story is obviously fake: jamesbond007 would have done something much more dramatic and, probably, violent. :-)
    Innovatology likes this.
    11-26-11 09:46 AM
    was recording a 1080p video while at the same time on crackberry. Love how even the when the camera app isnt full screen, the multitasking power of this device is still strong enough to let u record while doing something else.
    11-26-11 10:26 AM
    one of most used features for me is the fact that i can download all my shows from megaupload links from class go home and watch on the big screen :d. downloads for a full show take less than 10 minutes. and now with this update the whole wifi experience should be even better! oneclicktv.net is where i get my links! alsosuper happy that i can have multipe tabs load at one!

11-26-11 11:01 AM
    Similarly, I used reelportal my playbook and laptop to broadcast a client meeting from my office to their two out-of-town daughters.
    rrrebo likes this.
    11-26-11 11:05 AM
    Being on the road and being able to turn on the lights and AC of the building i work in.
    11-26-11 12:42 PM
    I took this picture.... Ya, I know.. boring right? But the pic is awesome, and I get bonus points for it being taken at BlackBerry World.

Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter

awesome Bla1ze!

I guess lol
    11-26-11 12:44 PM
    Being on the road and being able to turn on the lights and AC of the building i work in.
    Using just the web browser or something cooler?

It would be funner to sit outside the building lurking in your car and wait until someone you don't like comes in in the morning before they had their coffee and toggle the lights- on/off on/off on/off on/off

Great thread !!
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-26-11 at 12:50 PM.
    11-26-11 12:45 PM
    I took my Playbook with me when I went shop camping out on Black Friday. First, it helped me kill the time. I played Dead Space and watched a few movies. Everybody in the line was absolutely amazed by the quality of the 1080p video. I told them it's the only tablet that plays 1080p and I guess some of them bought the Playbook even though they had were not there to buy any tablet.

Second, the Playbook helped me find info on the stuff that was on sale so that I could research the product before I buy. The barcode scanner app was really helpful. I doubt that any other tablet would help me in that situation.
    11-26-11 12:58 PM
    Using just the web browser or something cooler?

It would be funner to sit outside the building lurking in your car and wait until someone you don't like comes in in the morning before they had their coffee and toggle the lights- on/off on/off on/off on/off

Great thread !!
    Just using RDM+ to access my Johnson's control server, the PB has become invaluable for my work, now i dont carry my laptop when i travel for the weekends.
    11-26-11 01:05 PM
    I took my Playbook with me when I went shop camping out on Black Friday. First, it helped me kill the time. I played Dead Space and watched a few movies. Everybody in the line was absolutely amazed by the quality of the 1080p video. I told them it's the only tablet that plays 1080p and I guess some of them bought the Playbook even though they had were not there to buy any tablet.

Second, the Playbook helped me find info on the stuff that was on sale so that I could research the product before I buy. The barcode scanner app was really helpful. I doubt that any other tablet would help me in that situation.
    What I am amazed at is outputting at 1080p and then using your PB's screen to surf the Internet and doother things....show me another tablet that can do that!

jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    11-26-11 03:01 PM
    jamesbond007 would have done something much more dramatic and, probably, violent. :-)
    ... but he wouldn't brag about it.
    11-26-11 03:18 PM
    Another brilliant presentation with the PB via the HDMI cable!
    11-29-11 11:57 AM
    Connecting Bridge to my wife's BB; that feature alone is worth the price of admission.
    11-29-11 12:08 PM
    ^^ that I can totally relate to..... my wife has accused me of spending a bit more time on PB than on any of the other gadgets i own........ so i am trying to temper my addiction to the PB-crackberry usage.
    At least your wife didn't accuse you of spending more time with your Playbook than with her, like my husband did. Now I let him use my Playbook from time to time and all is well.
    11-29-11 12:48 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD