)
    12-17-12 03:25 PM
    I am not quite sure what this is all about, what it has to do with the PB (doesn't PB have the same functionality when connected to a TV?) and the title of the post....maybe you can elaborate a little bit more?
    12-17-12 03:55 PM
    its a app that let you controll a windows pc linux or android device and i have the bar file and you can also controll your media player also with this app and use your pb as a gamepad
    12-17-12 04:42 PM
    its like splashtop with more functionality
    12-17-12 04:43 PM
    It doesn't seem to be like Splashtop at all. Splashtop lets you duplicate your PC 's screen on your PB and use your PB to control your PC. All the guy in the video is doing is controlling an external android device with his android phone. Where is he controlling a PC or linux device with his phone? As far as controlling your PC with your PB, there are apps in app world, Freemote, CompRemote and probably a few others, that let you do this.
    BB_Bmore and RECOOL like this.
    12-17-12 05:07 PM
    its........ and i have the bar file and you can also controll your media player also with this app and use your pb as a gamepad
    Sounds great. So where is said bar file?
    12-17-12 05:49 PM
    Can you control another playbook from a playbook?
    12-17-12 10:15 PM
    Droidmote is available in the Google Play world as said in the video. More description of the so-called client and server portions is available there as well as URLs for the website. You have to put the server software on the device you want to control. Thus you would need a server app on the Playbook you want to control. Downloads for Windows and Linux PCs are said to be free but the server for the Android is $2.99 if I recall correctly. The You Tube video is hard for me to follow. And of course you can simply Google droidmote on your browser to get more references and maybe a better video or two.
    Last edited by jpash549; 12-18-12 at 12:23 AM.
    12-18-12 12:10 AM
    So let me get this right - he is using an android phone to control an android hdmi dongle? Where does playbook come into it?

I have been hoping for a way to use my playbook to control my hdmi dongle, after all it would be great to have swipe and gesture control run from the playbook over wifi or bluetooth and it should be relatively easy. However this is not it, by a long shot.

Instead i bought a �3 bluetooth mouse, which achieves the basics. Mostly i'm just opening ES file explorer and streaming movies/music from the pc onto my tv so the mouse is fine.

Anyone who could whip an app up to allow the playbook to control an android hdmi dongle, through wifi or bluetooth, preferably by replicating the android screen environment with full touch capabilities would be my hero though
    12-18-12 05:09 AM
    Come one now we have been doing this bridge thing for a while now you guys decided to rip now huh.And now everyone telling we can control pc's with PB yo i can do this remote citrix style??
    12-18-12 12:15 PM
    There is no dongle involved in Droidmote , it is software with one piece on the controlling device and the other on the controlled device. Since it is Android there would have to be workable ports of the Android parts to the respective Playbooks to make it work for PB to PB. It has nothing to do with HDMI . Isn't the HDMI port on the Playbook only used for exporting data and not useable for importing data?
    12-18-12 01:16 PM
    whats your email i will email it too you
    12-18-12 07:47 PM
    its has more functionality and you can also use it as a gampad to play games on the cpu
    12-18-12 07:49 PM
    no he has an app that is call droidmote server which allows him to create a server on his android or pc and it connects to the port on android or pcthrough the server which allows him to controll that device
    12-18-12 07:50 PM
    he is using the hdmi to hook it up to his tv to show on a bigger screen
    12-18-12 07:51 PM
    Using the HDMI to hook a computer or BBPB to a TV screen is then really irrelevant to this discussion. It was done simply to make a better video. You have then been able to load and make workable both the client and server apps on BBPBs and been able to control the server loaded Playbook from the client loaded Playbook?
    12-18-12 10:11 PM
    Hi there, I use Droidmote Server on my Android sticks and want to control it with my Z10. Frankly this app is the only reason why I still keep my SGS3.

Anybody tried this? I also try to find the Droidmote client apk in order to give it a try but was not successful so far.

Any help very much appreciated.

Posted via CB10

EDIT:

I was able to extract the apk and convert it into bar. The software works fine and I can control the Android stick with my Z10. However, on my Q10 it does not work properly as the physical keyboard won't be detected and I can not type anything.
    Last edited by Sequester#WN; 08-24-13 at 03:15 PM.
    08-24-13 02:41 PM